Pinnacle Bank Arena

I've lived in Lincoln for almost 10 years and found (car) parking like one time in front of Lazlo's...once this thing is done I'll never find a spot! Guarantee for at least the first year it's going to be total mayhem parking and getting around in the Haymarket even though they have carefully planned 4000 additional spots.

Parking down there is a bear. Not sure that 4,000 is going to cover what's needed - but at the same time, it may be too much. What is our average attendance now?

Lets remember there will be a 2nd walking bridge over the railroad to the parking at Haymarket Park, I am sure the lot under I-180 will be used as well.

There are also new parking garages planned on the new real estate on the west side of the Haymarket.

Here's the interior. Attendance looks about the same.

haymarketarena.jpg

I'm assuming/hoping the white seating will be a pit area for the students to go crazy? If this thing can hold 16-18K they better darn well make sure that student section is packed, even if they have to sell the tickets for $1.

The student section is expressly designed for STANDING........................so your wishes should be fulfilled.................

haymarketarena.jpg

I'm assuming/hoping the white seating will be a pit area for the students to go crazy? If this thing can hold 16-18K they better darn well make sure that student section is packed, even if they have to sell the tickets for $1.

The student section is expressly designed for STANDING........................so your wishes should be fulfilled.................

That sounds amazing!

I'm assuming/hoping the white seating will be a pit area for the students to go crazy? If this thing can hold 16-18K they better darn well make sure that student section is packed, even if they have to sell the tickets for $1. There will be more then plenty room for season ticket holders so they better be giving students a lot of seats to make that place loud. That in itself can be worth an extra one or two home wins. If the Bob fills up with 10-11K for conference games now that should fill the lower bowl and club seating fairly good but that upper bowl is going to be a hard thing to keep full, even in conference games. The program is going to have to start being a lot more successful before you can ever expect 16K+ to attend regularly.

I'm still glad they built it that big because Lincoln needs it for other events like concerts, NCAA events, maybe hockey someday. I'm not too worried about it being packed for recruits either. That's not near as big of a deal for basketball as it is for football. Last year only nine teams averaged 16K+ per game. If we can get in the 12-13K range the first couple of years, I would think that would be pretty good, assuming we get a real coach by then.

I'm looking at my student ticket right now and the price stamped on it is $2.78. So you wouldn't have far to go.

I'm thinking the seats that this arena has is more for it to be able to draw big-name concerts or events along the lines of the (arena formerly known as the) Qwest center. Not that I wouldn't love for basketball attendance to go up. It's kind of awkward when 40% of the crowd leaves at 8:30 so they can be home by bedtime.

If everything goes as planned (which it won't) you'll have a packed or near-packed house that entire first year just from people wanting to go hang out at the new arena. That should push the team to an extra win or two and impress recruits, leading to Nebraska's best recruiting class yet. That would lead to the place being packed the second year as everyone wants to see the new and improved talent. That new talent plus crowd support leads to the most succesful season in a long time, and next thing you know Nebrasketball is rolling and averaging 12,000+ a game. Hell, the way Nebraskans are, if it becomes a tourney team almost every game will be sold out.

Like I said, this is how it SHOULD go, most likely not how it WILL go.

haymarketarena.jpg

That sounds amazing!

Yes, this is excellent to hear. I have never been a fan of how they changed the student seating at the Bob so the students only have the area behind the buckets. Some of you may remember that the students had seating on the sides as well and filled it up for conference games. That place could get really loud when it needed to be.

Now if we could just get the students back down to field level in Memorial Stadium....but that's for another thread. :)