Bowl Game Will Be in 3D

Cactusboy

3-D is getting to be the norm anymore. Directv has a handfull of 3-d stations and almost all the new movies will be in 3-D format. Im not a big fan of it myself. Our local movie theater is a non profit group and they have to shell out a ton of money for a new projector otherwise they wont have access to new movies starting in January.

Huge waste of money. I have 110" 3D projector in my theatre. Bought it last year thinking I don't want to have antiquated technology in a couple years as it looked like that's where everything was headed. Paid several grand more for it than a regular projector. Watched a couple things on it when I first got it thinking it was kinda cool. Now, over a year later, I never watch the thing in 3D. Once the inititial cool factor wore off, it is all hat and no cattle. DirecTV has 3-4 channels which are the same 3-4 that it had over a year ago despite predictions that more and more channels would be continually added. But even if every channel broadcast in 3D, I'd MUCH rather watch in HD as it is a much better viewing experience. Even my 9 year old chooses regular HD or BlueRay over 3D when given the choice so I know it's not just that I'm getting old. I don't even ask anymore. Haven't watched in 3D in over a year. Huge waste of money on my part...just ask my wife!! :)

3-D is getting to be the norm anymore. Directv has a handfull of 3-d stations and almost all the new movies will be in 3-D format. Im not a big fan of it myself. Our local movie theater is a non profit group and they have to shell out a ton of money for a new projector otherwise they wont have access to new movies starting in January.

It's becoming more common, but it's FAR from the norm. HD has hardly become the norm as of yet, 3d has a ways to go, if it ever gains traction. Just spitballing, I'd say 95% of the movies that are shown in theaters are still 2d.

I wish 3D would die already

It won't--it's a 'feature' that gives TV manufacturers license to jack up the prices on their new TVs, while the same sets without 3D drop like a stone in price.

What we should be saving our hard-earned money for is passive-3D viewing technology--that is, 3D without the glasses using unseen 'shutters' built into the display device. You already have this technology in handheld devices (read: Nintendo 3DS), and the industry has said this is what they're aiming for in the next few years.

Until then, 3D in its current state is little improved over the 1950s fad and should be avoided, especially if you have children under six (3D viewing is not good for children under six, as their eyes are still developing and may not be able to handle the images--even the Nintendo handheld says as much).

• Fire 1