Eric crouch vs Scott frost

Crouch, the rest of his team was good, b ut not as good as Frost's team. Put him behind fraziers line and he would of had 2000 yards rushing.....maybe. But I am$ not saying he was better than tommie, because he wasn't!

Put Crouch behind Frazier's Olines (93, 94 & 95) and he would have tore the world apart (not to mention the OC). I think he was better than Frazier. Frost's senior year was too.

Having watched all three play, there's no way I'd put Frost or Crouch above Frazier. Stats won't support that argument because Frazier was surrounded by the most talent of the three, and distributed the ball quite a bit more to quite a few more weapons.

I'd rank them Frazier, Crouch, Frost on terms of purely personal talent. Frost and Crouch are very close.

Having watched all three play, there's no way I'd put Frost or Crouch above Frazier. Stats won't support that argument because Frazier was surrounded by the most talent of the three, and distributed the ball quite a bit more to quite a few more weapons.

I'd rank them Frazier, Crouch, Frost on terms of purely personal talent. Frost and Crouch are very close.

I watched all three too and respectfully disagree. A monster Oline makes a big, big, big difference.

Put all three in a hole during a fire fight, your life in the balence, who would you want with you.

Frost no question. Made mistakes, but learned from them, steadfast loyalty, finish the job.

Frazier, all of the above, but a friendly fire consideration.

Crouch, not even going to there.

I watched all three too and respectfully disagree. A monster Oline makes a big, big, big difference.

All three of those QBs had great O-lines. Toniu Fonoti, Dominic Raiola and Russ Hochstein all played in front of Crouch - those guys were monsters.

Crouch, the rest of his team was good, b ut not as good as Frost's team. Put him behind fraziers line and he would of had 2000 yards rushing.....maybe. But I am$ not saying he was better than tommie, because he wasn't!

Put Crouch behind Frazier's Olines (93, 94 & 95) and he would have tore the world apart (not to mention the OC). I think he was better than Frazier. Frost's senior year was too.

I posted this in the OTHER Eric Crouch thread, but Crouch's numbers would have been worse had he played in Frazier's spot, not better. He would have had less touches and less playing time due to the dominance of those teams and because Osborne's system distributed the ball more than Solich did.

Crouch had better speed than Frazier. But Frazier was as elusive, harder to bring down, executed the option better, managed a more sophisticated offense better, was a better passer and a better decision maker, a better leader and he was more clutch. Frazier > Crouch. The dude was the only CFB player ever to be the MVP of three consecutive national championship games - there's more to that than having a lot of talent around you.

If Crouch had played on the 1993-95 teams, he would have been one of the best slot receivers/kick returners ever to play at Nebraska. He wouldn't have taken Frazier's spot, and with Berringer on the two-deep, we wouldn't have even needed Crouch for depth. Osborne would've gotten him on the field, but like Newcombe a few years later, it wouldn't have been at QB.

Something tells me that if Frazier hadn't been robbed of the Heisman trophy, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

All three of those QBs had great O-lines. Toniu Fonoti, Dominic Raiola and Russ Hochstein all played in front of Crouch - those guys were monsters.

Well, Hochstein graduated in 2000 so didn't play in 2001 but yeah, he was a monster. So were the other two. I forgot about Riola. How quickly we forget.

Well said and I stand most humbly corrected. Yes, they were much better than what I recalled. Whoops!

GBR!!