Apparently Penn State talked to Bo about HC gig

Nexus

Welp. That experiment lasted a few hours.

Truth hurts, Pelini won't be here in 3 years. After Spurrier gets done with him in Jan. the heat will get turned up even before his first big loss next year

Are you a USC fan?

If so than from one fan to another, please go easy on the stupid.

I've got no problem with Bo speaking with other schools.

First, it's just something that is done in the business world. It doesn't mean you don't like your job, you want to quit or you're afraid of being fired. Many times it's simply a networking/experience building exercise.

Coaching is all about who you know...and just because you have a job today, doesn't mean you will a few years from now.

On top of that, the more ADs Bo knows... the more coaches jobs he has connections to should he want to help out one of his assistants.

So, if Bo is out talking with ADs... building up his own HC credibility within the AD community, he's doing it to better himself and put himself in the position to help those around him.

I'm the glass half full fan, and I'll assume the best in these type of scenarios.

There is certainly to glass half empty view of this, that Bo speaking with other ADs is him trying to get a better job and ditch NU - but that's just too cynical a view for me.

Everyone take a deep breath and re-read this until the cardiac arrest stops. ^

Didn't they contact him. I think people are making way to much out of this stuff. As far as Bo being fired. If the Nebraska fire's another 10 win a year coach. Good luck finding a replacement, who would want a job where the coach was just fired for only winning 10 games a year.

Truth hurts, Pelini won't be here in 3 years. After Spurrier gets done with him in Jan. the heat will get turned up even before his first big loss next year

Are you a USC fan?

over 2k posts on a Husker board from a whisky fan and you're calling someone else stupid? I know being a fan of a program with a mediocre football team in a mediocre conference might give you a sense of entitlement to liking mediocre coaching staffs but I don't think Nebraska booster take kindly to watching everything Bob Devaney did here 40 years ago be erased in apathy and yearly blowout losses to the likes of Big Ten teams including at home losses to sludge like Northwestern. Pelini will not be here in 3 years. If PSU comes up with a half decent coach thats 4 guaranteed losses next year and possibly more. Our coach and his staff don't understand recruiting and playing for depth and the results will be glaring next year and ultimatums will be handed down

Didn't they contact him. I think people are making way to much out of this stuff. As far as Bo being fired. If the Nebraska fire's another 10 win a year coach. Good luck finding a replacement, who would want a job where the coach was just fired for only winning 10 games a year.

Theres quite a few people that will take 2 million dollars a year with more experience and certainly won't hire Barney Cotton types nor load up the " we're young and inexperienced " card year after year after year after year including next year.

Its not clear who's agent talked to who but Bo was asked point blank by reporters today to acknowledge his commitment to Nebraska Football and he DID NOT. He brushed it aside and completely ignored it which goes to show how lucky we arent

Its not clear who's agent talked to who but Bo was asked point blank by reporters today to acknowledge his commitment to Nebraska Football and he DID NOT. He brushed it aside and completely ignored it which goes to show how lucky we arent

Um, he was asked by Eric Olsen, who happens to have one of the biggest chips on his shoulders against NU and specifically Bo Pelini among the local reporters. Bo doesn't like him, and in this instance I think he's justified. Olsen can't write an article without cracking on the Huskers.

Are you a USC fan?

over 2k posts on a Husker board from a whisky fan and you're calling someone else stupid? I know being a fan of a program with a mediocre football team in a mediocre conference might give you a sense of entitlement to liking mediocre coaching staffs but I don't think Nebraska booster take kindly to watching everything Bob Devaney did here 40 years ago be erased in apathy and yearly blowout losses to the likes of Big Ten teams including at home losses to sludge like Northwestern. Pelini will not be here in 3 years. If PSU comes up with a half decent coach thats 4 guaranteed losses next year and possibly more. Our coach and his staff don't understand recruiting and playing for depth and the results will be glaring next year and ultimatums will be handed down

I really want to go off on you but I'd only alienate myself from the reasonable NU fans here so you get a pass this time but really, you're way off base.

Um, he was asked by Eric Olsen, who happens to have one of the biggest chips on his shoulders against NU and specifically Bo Pelini among the local reporters. Bo doesn't like him, and in this instance I think he's justified. Olsen can't write an article without cracking on the Huskers.

This is true. I recall Olsen hinting earlier this year via Twitter that he was in Bo's media doghouse.

http://www.omaha.com...ayer-disciplineAccording to his press conference, it does not sound like he was approached by Penn State

Do you believe that? With all of the speculation of Bo leaving so constant, I am starting to find it hard to believe him when he shoots down all the possibilities....

I don't know if Bo interview for Ohio. St., Miami, or Penn St.... BUT, if he did we should encourage him to leave....

I am very PRO BO, and I want him to be here his whole career, but we can't have a coach that is constantly looking elsewhere. It is bad for the program's progress...

I want Bo to stay, but not if he doesn't want to long term....

Wasn't longevity/commitment one of the things that Osborne mentioned when interviewing candidates for the job....

This is true. I recall Olsen hinting earlier this year via Twitter that he was in Bo's media doghouse.

Who isn't in Bos media doghouse? How dare someone ask Bo if he's committed to Nebraska already knowing the answers. Those pesky media types always asking stupid questions.
  • Fire 1

Knapp, I agree with your assessment of Eric Olsen, but if you are asked a question about your commitment to Nebraska, you HAVE to answer that question. You HAVE too....Its an easy answer for a committed person....

Olsen built that doghouse board by board. He has only himself to blame.

Hows that? By asking questions like " Why is Martinez still in blowout games late in the 4th quarter?" " Wheres Turner, is he in the skyscraper doghouse as well?" " Why do we retain Barney Cotton?" " Why do we lose to Northwestern and non bowl eligible Texas at home?" " Why do you get completely curb stomped at least once or twice a year starting with being on the Solich staff?"

Did he ask one of those reasonable questions?

• Fire 1