Apparently Penn State talked to Bo about HC gig

Nexus

When listing all your positives don't forget to mention the laughable schedules we've played during the "Pelini Era". His first year excluded, before the complete collapse of Texas, KSU, CU Mangino and Leach firings, Mizzou loosing ole boogereater etc. etc. That season was purely Shawn Watson and Joe Ganz running offense before Bo and/or Tom proceeded to take him out of his comfort zone.

You don't think as fans we want to be able to say good things? I already stated Pelini has the tendency to pump a couple players up ( Super D, Suh, and a sprinkling of other DEFENSIVE players) and I'm hoping this is on Bo and not natural maturing of an athletic player. So theres a positive.

inexperienced staff/hiring buddies, losses to teams we shouldn't be losing to every year, mismanagement of scholarships/redshirts, recruiting struggles, lack of identity/direction, young/inexperienced team excuses every year, Barney Cotton, regression in certain aspects of the game, no real quality wins, sideline antics, overly stubborn attitude toward media/fans, no conference championships, no BCS Bowls

and you can toss in misuse of Players, throwing Cody Green to the dogs every time he stepped into a game, all of his doghouse antics leaving the best players benched to play Marlowe this list just goes on and on starting with the Dillard incident when he was recruiting for OU and called Dillard a liar as he's doing now with all his job offers at programs in the dumpster.

His teams are continuously unprepared even against garbage games like ISU not once but twice, Northwestern, Jackrabbits, Texas at home? Last years bowl game.....huh?

People seriously want us to praise the positives of the Pelini project by comparing to the Cosgrove fiasco. Im certainly not going down the road of "it's better than Callahan" considering Callahan tried installing a brand new offense with Joe Dailey and the rest of the Lamal Lord left, Eric Crouch right recruits. Callahan made it to a Conf. Champ game as well in a lot tougher Big XII than Pelini ever witnessed other than when he was D. coord and Snyder and Pinkel spanked his so called defensive genius.

Shall we talk about his use of timeouts for defense and clock management skills year 4? It's pretty bad when a couple announcers are trying to telepathically tell a coach how to manage clock game after game. For all of his defensive guru-ship I can't remember him stopping the run which is the most basic aspect of defense. I can hardly wait to see the next hire to go with the rest of the Youngstown clan. Since we go with golf pros maybe we can try out the Youngstown Madden2012 champion. Maybe we should shoot for another Cotton and have a dozen associated with the program.

It always comes around to who have you beat/played lately and his couple of decent wins came at the other teams total collapse in injuries or coaching blunders like MSU going away from the run after marching right through Pelinis wet paper bag of a defense.And before we start talking about how tough the Big Ten is lets remember back to every Husker fan calling them weak for decades even when they weren't because tOSU, Michigan and PSU were legit. Or we can talk about the bowl records.

I really, really, really want to be able to be positive about Pelini, and if we were in The SEC or playing SEC schedules, then the 9 and 10 wins would mean a lot and he would be getting praise.

Now Bo would you like to reconfirm your commitment to Nebraska. I just got back from a tireless recruiting trip and you're in my doghouse with the other 250 people Meh

• Fire 2

When you're asking Bo to reconfirm his commitment to Nebraska, note the name on the shirt he's wearing. Yeah, I'd think it's great if he's going to be all rah-rah, Nebraska forever, I'm your guy. That would be nice. But we also have to realize this is a business and he's a businessman, not just a coach. This isn't the 70s anymore, and salaries aren't modest. We're paying him three million bucks to coach here, and he's got to consider seriously if someone offers him 3.5 million, or four. He'd be dumb not to.

Near as I can remember, Bo only had one game with a timeclock blunder this year. May have had something to do with a first-year OC, but who knows. If we're claiming that no coaches beyond their third year have time management blunders, that's bogus.

You're welcome to continue pointing out every single mistake Bo makes. He makes a lot of them. He points them out as much as you do, actually. But if that's all you're going to talk about, don't expect to be taken seriously.

Why should Bo proclaim 100% commitment when our fan base does not do the same. After ever loss or bad game there is talk about him being overrated, not being the guy, or my favorite Bo must Go. So its okay for fans and media to waver on their commitment to Bo and his coaching staff, but Bo should be solid an unwavering? Not sure if this is fair.

• Fire 2

Why should Bo proclaim 100% commitment when our fan base does not do the same. After ever loss or bad game there is talk about him being overrated, not being the guy, or my favorite Bo must Go. So its okay for fans and media to waver on their commitment to Bo and his coaching staff, but Bo should be solid an unwavering? Not sure if this is fair.

Good point. The way some "fans" talk, it's almost as if they see it as a virtue to tear down the coaches, the staff, the players and other fans. As if you're not a "true fan" unless you have the desire to speak poorly of the team/players/coaches you claim to support.

I see no virtue in the constant bashing. When a player or coach screws up, they should take flak. But to go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about it is a little overkill.

When you're asking Bo to reconfirm his commitment to Nebraska, note the name on the shirt he's wearing. Yeah, I'd think it's great if he's going to be all rah-rah, Nebraska forever, I'm your guy. That would be nice. But we also have to realize this is a business and he's a businessman, not just a coach. This isn't the 70s anymore, and salaries aren't modest. We're paying him three million bucks to coach here, and he's got to consider seriously if someone offers him 3.5 million, or four. He'd be dumb not to.

Near as I can remember, Bo only had one game with a timeclock blunder this year. May have had something to do with a first-year OC, but who knows. If we're claiming that no coaches beyond their third year have time management blunders, that's bogus.

You're welcome to continue pointing out every single mistake Bo makes. He makes a lot of them. He points them out as much as you do, actually. But if that's all you're going to talk about, don't expect to be taken seriously.

Husker fans haven't taken each other seriously since the Solich firing, actually it started before that as we had slid fairly far toward Shreveport losses. I understand the Rah, Rah, Rah, Osborne hired Pelini so lets all sit around and hold hands and sing folk songs and be happy beating terrible teams and losing to some not so great ones. I don't really expect to be taken seriously with the rah rah crowd but theres many of us out there tired of all these failed experiments. As booster start to wane, we will move on to the next, hopefully we grab someone like tOSU did

• Fire 1

Osborne, Devaney went through the same thing, its part of coaching and you know this when accepting the millions you get paid to answer the hard questions like loyalty to your program
  • Fire 1

I get this whole "throw a handful of crap against the wall and see what sticks" schtick you've got going, but having some kind of substance to your posts - like, every half-dozen or so - would be helpful. "The boosters" aren't starting to wane. Some boosters love Bo and want to keep him around. Some think he's OK. Some never liked him and never will. Not much has changed since he got here, and no gauntlets have been thrown down by any boosters.

We're not expanding East Stadium, building a basketball arena, upgrading the Hawks center, building the Hendricks center, building a baseball/softball training complex, completely remodeling The Bob and making sundry other improvements to the back offices, training table, weight facilities, etc because "the boosters" are fed up with Bo.

I get this whole "throw a handful of crap against the wall and see what sticks" schtick you've got going, but having some kind of substance to your posts - like, every half-dozen or so - would be helpful. "The boosters" aren't starting to wane. Some boosters love Bo and want to keep him around. Some think he's OK. Some never liked him and never will. Not much has changed since he got here, and no gauntlets have been thrown down by any boosters.

We're not expanding East Stadium, building a basketball arena, upgrading the Hawks center, building the Hendricks center, building a baseball/softball training complex, completely remodeling The Bob and making sundry other improvements to the back offices, training table, weight facilities, etc because "the boosters" are fed up with Bo.

Or at least the taxpayers, I mean smokers built the Bob and many other things and we shall see what the boosters say after the bowl game and next season. Hopefully after 5 years of being young and inexperienced Boosters will have the same power they had in the Solich firing. If you think Boosters are happy with this experiment you may want to talk to a couple of them
  • Fire 1

Or at least the taxpayers, I mean smokers built the Bob and many other things and we shall see what the boosters say after the bowl game and next season. Hopefully after 5 years of being young and inexperienced Boosters will have the same power they had in the Solich firing. If you think Boosters are happy with this experiment you may want to talk to a couple of them

What is your solution? I'm curious here. Let's go ahead and put your hypothesis to work for a second. Let's say we let Bo go after the bowl game this year. Furthermore, we lose to South Carolina, so we ended the 2011 campaign at 9-4. Keep in mind we currently have 9 commits at this point and we're in on 4 highly ranked recruits at the moment. It's Jan. 3rd, 2012, Bo is gone now and we're a month away from signing day. What is your next move?