Apparently Penn State talked to Bo about HC gig

Nexus

We couldn't get that lucky, theres legacies to protect. I surely wouldn't bring back the Frank Solich reunion circus which is what we got. First and foremost I would have told Callahan he fires Cosgrove or GTFO years ago. Same with Pelini and his Cottonesc type hires. When you have a failure such as Barney and you start firing people that got you 9 wins in your first season and keep Barney and his half dozen assistants, there is no hope. Yet another thing I would rather have be PSUs problem.

I would call PSU and beg them to take Pelini to assure at least one win per season by running straight at his defense with an occasional pass towards Cassidy type recruits.

I wouldn't cater to the Frank was robbed and we need to run ugly option football that anyone who stacks the box can stop.

I wouldn't allow unethical things like putting Cottons entire family through college.

Pay a little attention to Michigan, go after a proven winner with experience, someone who has taken total crap and turned it around. I would have already been flirting with people like Chris Peterson, Gary Patterson, hell I would take Leach over Pelini

and you just lost the last remaining, almost non-existent, micron of credibility you had left...

When you're asking Bo to reconfirm his commitment to Nebraska, note the name on the shirt he's wearing. Yeah, I'd think it's great if he's going to be all rah-rah, Nebraska forever, I'm your guy. That would be nice. But we also have to realize this is a business and he's a businessman, not just a coach. This isn't the 70s anymore, and salaries aren't modest. We're paying him three million bucks to coach here, and he's got to consider seriously if someone offers him 3.5 million, or four. He'd be dumb not to.

Near as I can remember, Bo only had one game with a timeclock blunder this year. May have had something to do with a first-year OC, but who knows. If we're claiming that no coaches beyond their third year have time management blunders, that's bogus.

You're welcome to continue pointing out every single mistake Bo makes. He makes a lot of them. He points them out as much as you do, actually. But if that's all you're going to talk about, don't expect to be taken seriously.

Husker fans haven't taken each other seriously since the Solich firing, actually it started before that as we had slid fairly far toward Shreveport losses. I understand the Rah, Rah, Rah, Osborne hired Pelini so lets all sit around and hold hands and sing folk songs and be happy beating terrible teams and losing to some not so great ones. I don't really expect to be taken seriously with the rah rah crowd but theres many of us out there tired of all these failed experiments. As booster start to wane, we will move on to the next, hopefully we grab someone like tOSU did

Ok, at the risk of feeding the troll, I'll play along.

If you're going to take the stance that Pelini is a failed experiment and we need to be looking for other answers, you need to at least consider the result of that stance. The biggest thing Pelini has brought to this program is stability. He's brought stability to an unstable program, and that's a great thing whether you choose to recognize it or not. If we toss him aside, that stability goes with him. It's easy to say "welp, hopefully we grab someone like tOSU did." But that's not an answer, it's a lot easier said than done. Doesn't the chances of grabbing someone like Urban Meyer dwindle to nonexistance if we fire someone for winning 9-10 games every year as a first time head coach? Nobody worth a damn is going to even consider that job. Isn't it much more likely we'll be right back to where we were when we hired Bo?

Also, nobody is saying they're satisfied with 9-10 wins every year. We all know what the end goal is. So stop arguing against that non-point, strawman.

not to mention, that is exactly what we did with solich. also, NU does not get its pick of the litter when it comes to coaches. there are a lot of good programs at NU's caliber who lost quality coaches and struggle to recover (tenn. for example).

We couldn't get that lucky, theres legacies to protect. I surely wouldn't bring back the Frank Solich reunion circus which is what we got. First and foremost I would have told Callahan he fires Cosgrove or GTFO years ago. Same with Pelini and his Cottonesc type hires. When you have a failure such as Barney and you start firing people that got you 9 wins in your first season and keep Barney and his half dozen assistants, there is no hope. Yet another thing I would rather have be PSUs problem.

I would call PSU and beg them to take Pelini to assure at least one win per season by running straight at his defense with an occasional pass towards Cassidy type recruits.

I wouldn't cater to the Frank was robbed and we need to run ugly option football that anyone who stacks the box can stop.

I wouldn't allow unethical things like putting Cottons entire family through college.

Pay a little attention to Michigan, go after a proven winner with experience, someone who has taken total crap and turned it around. I would have already been flirting with people like Chris Peterson, Gary Patterson, hell I would take Leach over Pelini

You do realize the unethical thing would be for them to attend college without scholarships, yet still be on the team. University employee family members basically get half a year's tuition free (at least they did) and Cotton could afford the rest.

This whole questioning loyalty thing came from Pelini saying basically "I'm not addressing every report, I shouldn't have to." Which Olsen turned into "I asked Bo, in light of these reports, if he would like to make a comment to affirm his commitment to Neb. He wouldn't go there." for Twitter. I wonder why Bo seems to think the guy is a scumbag.

I get this whole "throw a handful of crap against the wall and see what sticks" schtick you've got going, but having some kind of substance to your posts - like, every half-dozen or so - would be helpful. "The boosters" aren't starting to wane. Some boosters love Bo and want to keep him around. Some think he's OK. Some never liked him and never will. Not much has changed since he got here, and no gauntlets have been thrown down by any boosters.

We're not expanding East Stadium, building a basketball arena, upgrading the Hawks center, building the Hendricks center, building a baseball/softball training complex, completely remodeling The Bob and making sundry other improvements to the back offices, training table, weight facilities, etc because "the boosters" are fed up with Bo.

And also I came into this thread upon someone mentioning Boosters are starting to Wane, you see some of us are boosters and are related to or personal friends with boosters of substance. When you're paying Ferrari prices for a 70's station wagon, your going to grumble

You think you've got some monopoly on knowing boosters?

Obviously the unhappy ones according to you. You said the Boosters are pleased with the results of the Pelini experiment and are emptying their pockets. I say thats going to change quickly starting in just over a week unless we miraculously become a legitimate offense and defense for the first time in 2 years. We will call it the after Suh scenario

I think you need to re-read what I said. I most certainly didn't paint the picture you're claiming.

How many boosters live out in Oregon? How often do you communicate with them?

I lived in Lincoln for 35 years, a lot of us keep in contact. You want me to ask Scott if any of us Husker fans out here matter? How about Suh after he's done running over all our trees?

Wow. You have got to be the most negative freaking person on this board. It's gotten to the point where I can't even tell if you're trolling or just a truly depressed individual.

It's been obvious since his first post and screenname that he's only here for one reason. But for some reason this board has a perverse fascination with keeping trolls around.

Meh, keeps things interesting, I suppose.

Chris Peterson? What logic could be behind this? Peterson's two predecessors moved to bigger time programs and failed miserably. Koetter had Boise rolling, but failed at Arizona State. Hawkins really had the program rolling at Boise before his epic fail at CU. Considering the history here, what sane person believes Peterson will be the coach to break the mold? Gary Patterson isn't coming to NU. There's been many programs that have tried and failed to lure him from TCU when they weren't in an automatic qualifying conference. Now, they are. He has a huge advantage at Texas recruits. Why would he come to Nebraska now? Our boosters and our AD wouldn't touch Leach with a ten foot pole.

• Fire 1

and you just lost the last remaining, almost non-existent, micron of credibility you had left...

So did you, Leach won a whole lot of game against quality opponents and rarely got his butt handed to him. Pelini also treats media, fans, and players a lot worse than Leach ever did. Do I want Leach, no, I was stating I would trade him for Pelini any day of the week

What's your problem 97? Anyone who knows jacks**t about college football knows that Bo is one of the best defensive mind in the game.

:lol: , lol. Bo knows one type of defense extremely well, but can't adjust it to defend different kinds of offenses. In addition, Bo is on of the best defensive minds in the game only when he has All Americans like Glenn Dorsey, Patrick Peterson, Suh, and Amukamara- none of whom he recruited. I will give him credit for Lavonte, but he really had nowhere else to go.

Checkmate

no way. you forgot rook to queen seven, or something.

BO does know defense, what he does not know, what no one knows, is how to tailor a defense to completely stop a type of offense in a particular conference and then tailor the exact same defense in one off season to stop a completely different offense in a completely different conference. give him some time to adjust to the new conference and some credit for what he did this year. i would guess it will be easier for him the stop the B1G offenses when he has the personnel and time than it was to stop the Big 12 offenses, which were just lighting up defenses.

it is unfair to criticize him for only being able to stop the spread, and silly. he effectively stopped the spread and when he had all the personnel he needed on the field, he has to drastically adjust for a completely different style of play.