Apparently Penn State talked to Bo about HC gig

Nexus

I can't imagine Clownahan's fate as being much different had he fired Cosworthless. He wasn't exactly putting up stellar points against good defenses. His best year was 2006, and we put up a whopping touchdown against OU in the Big 12 Championship game. For being such an offensive genious, he had a hard time recruiting and keeping a good/great QB.

Meh indeed, I should lock step with the dreamy eye batting for Bo crowd. Maybe even whine about Callahan once and awhile and try and get Solich back while I'm at it. Are there anymore Cottons we have to put through college? I sure hope so!!! Better?

No, you should just rehash all the tripe we hear about Bo ad infinitum around here. Oh, wait. That's what you're doing.

dancingkids.gif

You're right, it's a Huskerboard, just let me know how you want me to feel about us getting blown out in these pathetically easy schedules and I can add to all the excitement of getting punked by Northwestern at home, maybe Osborne should have taken their HC out for dinner while he was in town

Pathetically easy? Where the f**k have you been when knapp posted the Sagarin rankings on SOS? Do you just choose to read what you want and go "blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I can't hear you blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah No that can't be right blah blah blah I'm more right you idiot" to the stuff that makes you look like an absolute idiot?

Sagarin, really? I will actually look at the facts like all other idiots like this guy http://sportsillustr...ules/index.html Let me guess you're one of the Big Ten is Tough folks. Big scary Wisconsin vs MSU in the first B1G Champ game! Impressive!

You'd rather move back to the Big XII?

I think theres a slew of qualified people that would jump at the chance to make millions a year at a storied program. I don't buy into the whole poor old Nebraska, its climate, bla, bla, bla, recruiting, bla bla.......its all part of the ole Jammies Jamrog and his playskool headset promotional tool for explaining mediocrity. Yet another person employed by the Huskers with zero qualifications

Steve Pederson thought so too.

It's not a question of if there are qualified people, it's a matter of who would take the job under the hypothetical circumstances that I presented. If it wasn't good enough for Urban Meyer and... *gasp* Houston Nutt, then we really need to re-evaluate how we go about handling the way we let people go around here.

Had Steve Pederson forced Callahan to fire Cosgrove or GTFO, we may be looking a whole lot different. I will never understand Callahans obsession with a blatantly terrible DC, I guess it's not much different from Cotton and Jammies

you do not see a line coach and a coordinator as being 'much different'?

Not at all, meaningless baggage laying around taking up valuable positions or needing a bunch of little helpers like Santa is bad coaching recognition

Shaking-Head.gif

Did Suh benefit from having a great secondary behind him, or did the secondary benefit from having such a beast on the DL? Had Suh not put so much pressure on the QB, our secondary stats might have looked a tad bit differently.

Considering the secondary was almost as good in 2010 as it was in 2009 and the D-Line was almost as good in 2010 as it was in 2009 (even without Suh), I'd say that the D-Line benefited more from a good secondary than the secondary benefited from a good D-Line.

people who bag on Bo can kiss my rosy-haired rectum..you all deserve that fraud called callahandjob

People who set the bar at Callahan and are happy with anything that's even a little better than what he gave us can kiss my rosy-haired rectum...you all deserve 9 win seasons, no conference championships and no BCS bowls.

See how that works both ways?? :)

callahandjob was a f'ing mess who hated being here and hated everything Nebraska stood for prior to him coming here to enlighten the NFL pimple-assed computer-masterbating, groupies- Bo is a good coach who will, if people quit being a bunch of pussies about it, keep winning and will start winning conference titles etc. Tom took years before his ship came in, and that was back when we had more advantages (prop 48's more scollies etc) if Tom were coaching in this puss age of the internet weinies, he would have took the Colorado job-and who in their right mind set the bar at 70 point losses? (oh yeah those pimpled-assed internet weinies that can kiss my rosie-haired rectum) so no it doesn't work both ways- sorry

people who bag on Bo can kiss my rosy-haired rectum..you all deserve that fraud called callahandjob

People who set the bar at Callahan and are happy with anything that's even a little better than what he gave us can kiss my rosy-haired rectum...you all deserve 9 win seasons, no conference championships and no BCS bowls.

See how that works both ways?? :)

callahandjob was a f'ing mess who hated being here and hated everything Nebraska stood for prior to him coming here to enlighten the NFL pimple-assed computer-materbating, groupies- Bo is a good coach who will, if people quit being a bunch of pussies about it, keep winning and will start winning conference titles etc. Tom took years before his ship came in, and that was back when we had more advantages (prop 48's more scollies etc) if Tom were coaching in this puss age of the internet weinies, he would have took the Colorado job-and who in there right mind set the bar at 70 point losses? (oh yeah those pimpled-assed internet weinies that can kiss my rosie-haired rectum) so no it doesn't work both ways- sorry

At least now we have a sunshine-pumping troll. :lol:

Sagarin, really? I will actually look at the facts like all other idiots like this guy http://sportsillustr...ules/index.html Let me guess you're one of the Big Ten is Tough folks. Big scary Wisconsin vs MSU in the first B1G Champ game! Impressive!

I don't see what makes Mandel better than Sagarin, if that's the point you're trying to make. There's nothing definitive about anything in the sports analysis world - everything is usable for evaluation purposes.

I never said Mandel was better than Sagarin, Mandel just pointed out Boise has a SOS of #30 and we had one of #96 the week Texas beat us in Lincoln. One of the few teams Texas beat that year which pretty much sums up the Pelini era in a hand basket

As you pointed out, that was one week in one season. Nebraska went on to play four ranked teams after the Texas game, and beat two of them. BSU went on to play one ranked team (not including the bowl game) after Oct. 16. Again, we played four. How the strength of schedules actually turned out ends up degrading the theme of your argument.

Pelini is still statistically better than Callahan ever was, so forgive me if I don't understand your - for lack of a better term - Pelini hate. It's not always perfect and it's not always pretty, but then again neither were some years in the eras of the great coaches we had.

• Fire 1

Did Suh benefit from having a great secondary behind him, or did the secondary benefit from having such a beast on the DL? Had Suh not put so much pressure on the QB, our secondary stats might have looked a tad bit differently.

Considering the secondary was almost as good in 2010 as it was in 2009 and the D-Line was almost as good in 2010 as it was in 2009 (even without Suh), I'd say that the D-Line benefited more from a good secondary than the secondary benefited from a good D-Line.

I'm not sure that the 2010 DL was as good as the 2009 DL. If you look at the rushing D, in 2009 opponents only averaged 2.8 yards per carry while they average a full yard more at 3.8 in 2010. By only gaining 2.8 yards per carry, a lot of the runs against us was stopped by the DL. By gaining nearly 4 yards per carry in 2010, a lot of those runs penetrated the DL and tackles were made by the LB.

I have nothing to add, I just wanted to respond to the 3rd greatest gif known to man, so we get it on this page.

hot-girl-o.gif

I think I'm in love. If this is the 3rd greatest, where are #1 and #2?

At the risk of pushing the limits of what's admissible here at the repressed HuskerBoard...

...Here goes nothin'!

kateupton.gif

kristinarose.gif

I'm not sure that the 2010 DL was as good as the 2009 DL. If you look at the rushing D, in 2009 opponents only averaged 2.8 yards per carry while they average a full yard more at 3.8 in 2010. By only gaining 2.8 yards per carry, a lot of the runs against us was stopped by the DL. By gaining nearly 4 yards per carry in 2010, a lot of those runs penetrated the DL and tackles were made by the LB.

I said that the 2010 D-Line was almost as good as the 2009 edition.

OK...I told myself I wouldn't post until I read through all 6 pages. I wanted to get a "feel" for the conversation. I got to page 4 and realized the conversation just turned into a pissing match between a drunk and a person that enjoys getting peed on (we all have fun, but no real winner!!!)

From the posts I read, there are about 3 or 4 posters that have some reservations about Bo (Not Since 97 seems to have lost a kitten lately) However, I stopped counting at 15 posters that support Bo and think the idea of running him out of town is rediculous.

I will pose this idea (like I said, I stopped at page 4. Sorry if someone else has thought of it): how about reasonable people stop trying to convince crazy people. We'll never do it and just get very frustrated in the process.

Hopefully Pelini has enough sense to realize 15 out of 17/19 posters have his back.