Why is Nebraska doing good this year in basketball?

Conference play hasn't started....this is usually the story for most schools until late December/January. There are only two teams in the conference with less than 10 wins and they're only sitting at 8-5. The season's just begun, too early to judge where people are for sure yet.

Uhhh... I'm not sure about most people, but I think Nebraska is much worst than last year. I've watched a game or two, but we lost to a not-so-good Oregon team, got beat by a struggling Wake Forest team, and then got handled against Creighton. Granted, Creighton is pretty good, but I just haven't seen a spark out of the basketball team this year. Almeida is hurt, and I think he would help the team a lot on both ends of the court. Spencer looks pretty good, but I think Jeter was a better distributor.

I think our team is going to have a hard time winning more than 5-7 basketball games once B1G play starts, and I am usually one to think positively about our basketball teams.

On the positive side, it appears that Ubel and McCray have come a long ways, so that is encouraging. I guess the 2-point win vs. Central Michigan kind of discouraged me a little bit.

7 of the first 8 in conference are against top 25 teams. We will certainly know more in 3 weeks. Injuries (always a issue with Doc teams.............keep any consistency from developing).............

I also wonder why we play LESS games than others..........?? We are locked into 18 conference games, but only 11 non-conf............?? Others have more opportunities. I wonder if it is a tournament limitation thing and we shot our wad in previous years..........?

Wait are you talking about guys or girls team?

If its girls then sorry, cant answer your question.

But guys certainly havent been winning more this year. So far they are lucky to win 8 games because we barely beat USC in double ot, almost got upset by FCGU and CM, and lost to pretty bad Wake Forest and Oregon teams.. Big 10 schedule is going to be very hard, but then again we do have Bo Spencer

Granted i don't pay that much attention to Nebraska basketball but it seems like we are winning more games. Or just off to a good start like every year and fade down the stretch?

If you understood who we were playing, you'd realize that we aren't good. I pay more attention to the wrestling team than the basketball team. Literally.

Granted i don't pay that much attention to Nebraska basketball but it seems like we are winning more games. Or just off to a good start like every year and fade down the stretch?

If you understood who we were playing, you'd realize that we aren't good. I pay more attention to the wrestling team than the basketball team. Literally.

and i have also seen the huskers already below .500 at this point too. 8-3 at this point is much better than the other years.

and i have also seen the huskers already below .500 at this point too. 8-3 at this point is much better than the other years.

Who really cares, they will never be good. Sorry, but i really really hate the basketball team.

Understatement of the year. Last year Nebraska's 3rd loss didn't come until January 12th. Two years ago Nebraska had 3 noncon losses with one coming from Jimmer's BYU team. In '08-'09 Nebraska had 3 noncon losses and two came at Oregon State and at Arizona State.

Basically, in Doc's time at Nebraska, this has been the most anticipated season (thanks to Doc saying this was his most talented team yet) and it's also been the most disappointing. This team should have one loss, max, and a handful of blowout wins. Instead, they have 3 losses (two of which are bad losses) and a handful of narrow escapes against horrible teams.

Haha, no you haven't. Their worst season in the last decade had them at something like 6-4 at this point. Without checking, I'm fairly certain that in Doc's time here 3 losses is the worst they have ever been at this point. A few years ago I think they had 4 losses but one of those losses might have been an exhibition game. Again, I could be wrong - maybe I'll check later - but you certainly have not seen them below .500 at this point unless you are comparing this team to teams from 30 years ago because I'm guessing that's how far back you'd have to go.

Edit: I apologize, '99 they were 6-6.

Tonight's the night. I'm absolutely giddy about this matchup...just thinking about it has made me have to change underwear three times already.

Let me be the first to congratulate you on Wisconsin's first conference W of the season.

Yes, let's go ahead and abandon all hope. Seems rational enough, early in the season and all.