Jamal...On the Rebound

I really loved the part about the "Jamal Drill" aren't our coaches just hilarious? I mean let's mock a freshmen who dropped what could have been a catch that could have launched his freshmen year to new heights and kept him on the field and kept his confidence where we all would have loved for it to have been, yet when Brandon Kinnie has dropped everything thrown his way in the last two years there's no "Kinnie Drill" or no hey let's throw like Taylor Martinez drill. But no it's all in good fun by our coaches because they know how to make practice fun and joke around.

I also did not care for the Jamal Drill name.

agree, where the hell is the sports psychology in that flavor? some coach who thought that up should receive the ass-hat of the year award!

It was Raymond, and yes he was an asshat for that move.

I really loved the part about the "Jamal Drill" aren't our coaches just hilarious? I mean let's mock a freshmen who dropped what could have been a catch that could have launched his freshmen year to new heights and kept him on the field and kept his confidence where we all would have loved for it to have been, yet when Brandon Kinnie has dropped everything thrown his way in the last two years there's no "Kinnie Drill" or no hey let's throw like Taylor Martinez drill. But no it's all in good fun by our coaches because they know how to make practice fun and joke around.

I also did not care for the Jamal Drill name.

agree, where the hell is the sports psychology in that flavor? some coach who thought that up should receive the ass-hat of the year award!

It was Raymond, and yes he was an asshat for that move.

Raymond made up a drill called the Jamal Drill for WRs, when hes the Secondary coach???.....might want to rethink that one. did you actually read the article? Of course not its just easier to be negative about a coach you know nothing about because his name is not Stoops, or Sanders.

No glory. A bit of mockery, actually. At the first practice that next week, Fisher opened the individual portion with a new twist. The Jamal Drill, he called it — basically, just a re-creation of Turner's drop against the Gophers when he tried to catch the football with his hands around his waist.

What a bunch of babies we have around here latley. Oh please coach dont call me out for a dropped pass, i might cry and transfer. Sack up.

• Fire 2

What a bunch of babies we have around here latley. Oh please coach dont call me out for a dropped pass, i might cry and transfer. Sack up.

See I always thought the coaches were supposed to be the mature ones when dealing with 18 year old kids in their first year of division 1 football, the right way to handle Jamal was the way Beck did, not mocking a freshmen who was having a hard time adjusting to the next level of football.

Waaahhhhhh........

Oh, what a brute Bo is. Let's all go hug a tree.

• Fire 1

I'll say I didn't read the article to avoid getting attacked for not doing that but to rebut what AFHusker said:

Maybe the coaches felt that he was going to be a part of the starting WRs come the beginning of the season and through 5 games, he was. I don't think you can redshirt after the 6th game if I'm right. So you think it wasn't too bright to not redshirt a player who was producing for our offense a week before you can't redshirt him anymore?

Not so bright of thinking.

Our first 5 games were against 4 high school quality teams and one lower level college team in Washington. Anyone that played could have looked good against them. My point is that he came here as a QB and if you are going to play him at WR and burn his RS, then you are going to have to take the bad with the good aka blocking. And then to bench him when we hit the meat of the schedule it a waste of the season. It would have made more sense to keep him playing or just don't play him at all.

You do know that Washington made it to the Alamo bowl? Wyoming was also in a bowl game as well. Our 5th game was against the Big10 champ Wisconsin...

• Fire 1

Anyone who watched Jamal through the first half of the season knows that this article is off the mark. Jamal can't even CONTRIBUTE after leading the team in receiving yards! Who's buying that? Don't dare try to say that it's because he played against nobody. He was the only guy consistently making plays against Wisconsin.

Other reasons I don't believe this articles reasoning:

1. Bo said Turner wasn't playing at first because he was sick

2. Turner stopped getting P/T after his Taylor comment

3. It wasn't a gradual decline P/T and stats, there was a sudden hault

4. The same treatment was used for Phil Dillard and Courtney Osborne

5. Turners drop against Minnesota is nothing compared to the DROPS BK and Bell had this year

If we can't find a way to get Jamal involved, whats the point in going after a Devin Fuller?

• Fire 1

I'll say I didn't read the article to avoid getting attacked for not doing that but to rebut what AFHusker said:

Maybe the coaches felt that he was going to be a part of the starting WRs come the beginning of the season and through 5 games, he was. I don't think you can redshirt after the 6th game if I'm right. So you think it wasn't too bright to not redshirt a player who was producing for our offense a week before you can't redshirt him anymore?

Our first 5 games were against 4 high school quality teams and one lower level college team in Washington. Anyone that played could have looked good against them. My point is that he came here as a QB and if you are going to play him at WR and burn his RS, then you are going to have to take the bad with the good aka blocking. And then to bench him when we hit the meat of the schedule it a waste of the season. It would have made more sense to keep him playing or just don't play him at all.

You do know that Washington made it to the Alamo bowl? Wyoming was also in a bowl game as well. Our 5th game was against the Big10 champ Wisconsin...

Other than Wisky, it still stands true, For some reason I thought we played one of our other scrub teams before Wisky.

As for Wyoming, yes they made a bowl and were dominated by the powerhouse Temple Owls. Yea, that's a quaity 8-5 team.

Washington is 7-5 and likely to be 7-6 after their bowl game. Dare we talk about how lucky we were to win that game?

Then you throw in the two games against the schools of the blind deaf and dumb and it further proves how easy of a schedule we really had. The really funny part is that over the years we as NU fans have always claimed that the B1G was overrated due to their "name" teams that just weren't very good. Well, that didn't change when NU joined the conference, but now a lot of NU fans are sounding a lot like the UM and tOSU fans that we were debating with over the years.

Other than Wisky, it still stands true, For some reason I thought we played one of our other scrub teams before Wisky.

As for Wyoming, yes they made a bowl and were dominated by the powerhouse Temple Owls. Yea, that's a quaity 8-5 team.

Washington is 7-5 and likely to be 7-6 after their bowl game. Dare we talk about how lucky we were to win that game?

Then you throw in the two games against the schools of the blind deaf and dumb and it further proves how easy of a schedule we really had. The really funny part is that over the years we as NU fans have always claimed that the B1G was overrated due to their "name" teams that just weren't very good. Well, that didn't change when NU joined the conference, but now a lot of NU fans are sounding a lot like the UM and tOSU fans that we were debating with over the years.

Show me ONE high school team in the country that could do that....

Show me ONE high school team in the country that could do that....

I'm guessing that your reading comprehension isn't very good, look up at my quote where I called them a lower level college team. They beat two bowl teams in Hawaii and California, that makes them another below average team.