lightyears behind

After watching the Rose Bowl we are not even close to a top tier program. I am starting to worry about the direction of the program. Next year could be ugly.

You have a beyond legitimate concern, things aren't going in the right direction, you're only trying to convince yourself at this point if you think it is, or you have accepted becoming average.

I agree. Name one Husker on the offense who would start for Oregon?

Rex

Although I love Rex, I don't think he would start at Oregon. They're a home run type offense and Rex isn't that type of player. But I bet they would sure take him, is there a better 3rd and short yardage back in the nation? Other than Lattimer, whom the announer today appeared to have a huge "man-crush" on.

My land, you could probably say we are about 5-10 swing plays away from having one of the better 4 years in the whole country under Pelini. It's not a talent issue, it's not a coaching issue. It's a leadership and focus issue (guess it could fall under coaching to an extent) I never felt today like we were over matched by all this "oh my god it's the SEC :ahhhhhhhh ". Some little things just need fixed to make all the difference in the world.

If "ifs and buts were candy and nuts".....

But you're correct, we are getting into position. But then we always find a way to screw it up somehow and to me that is the biggest issue. What do we have to do to close out games?

I don't know that I'd say we saw elite ball in the Rose Bowl...there were many :facepalm: moments.

Yea even thought both offenses are good enough to score WITH the opponent. But nebraska can't score, AND can't stop people when we need to, i'm pretty sure thats not even top 25 worthy. Which we should end the year outside of.