lightyears behind

Our program is nowhere near light years behind. People overreact after every loss and it is hilarious. You need to be honest with yourself about the players on the team. Average players don't win conference titles and most of the kids we have are average. Promising future on the team IMO

I disagree we aren't light years behind, honestly we aren't that far behind at all. What we lack is a consistent passing game on offense and and a pass rush on defense. At that the minimum that is changing 2 or 3 players and the max 5 or 6.

So like 25%of the team?

Lol something like that. But we aren't that far off.

We dominated the first half. Should have been 23 - 7ish. Second half...completely different story. It's a recurring problem. What you saw today is a great game plan that got out coached. A great game plan will get you through the first quarter...a great coach (or staff) can get you through the last three. We aren't that close.

Disagree, the staff is alright. There is definitely a learning curve with such a young staff, but today I saw a lot of promise. Our guys were not out-classed, even though SC had superior athletes on both sides of the ball, and the plays were there to be made. But to get us to the next level personnel changes need to be made.

Our program is nowhere near light years behind. People overreact after every loss and it is hilarious. You need to be honest with yourself about the players on the team. Average players don't win conference titles and most of the kids we have are average. Promising future on the team IMO

Agree. I think we have some pretty good talent from last year's recruiting class, and some really good talent coming in.

So you're saying we aren't far off yet have a team of average players. Do you think that getting a team of all-conference players happens over night then? We are a long ways off for the reason you just mentioned. Not to mention we're guaranteed yo get out coached 2-3 times a year. That didn't happen in the big 12 north, it will n big 10.

I disagree we aren't light years behind, honestly we aren't that far behind at all. What we lack is a consistent passing game on offense and and a pass rush on defense. At that the minimum that is changing 2 or 3 players and the max 5 or 6.

So like 25%of the team?

Lol something like that. But we aren't that far off.

We dominated the first half. Should have been 23 - 7ish. Second half...completely different story. It's a recurring problem. What you saw today is a great game plan that got out coached. A great game plan will get you through the first quarter...a great coach (or staff) can get you through the last three. We aren't that close.

Disagree, the staff is alright. There is definitely a learning curve with such a young staff, but today I saw a lot of promise. Our guys were not out-classed, even though SC had superior athletes on both sides of the ball, and the plays were there to be made. But to get us to the next level personnel changes need to be made.

They adjusted and shut us down. We never reacted....just imploded. Must have watched a different game than you.

We aren't light years behind but we aren't taking any steps forward each year in any aspect of the game. In fact we have taken steps backwards on defense. In the meantime the rest of college football continues to progress, developing offenses and defenses and getting players. If we don't make some unforeseen progress this offseason, next season may make this year look like nothing to complain about. We have six very losable games next year if we don't get something figured out.

I don't think there's even that much that needs to change about our passing game. I'm more concerned with the self-destructive false starts that put us into obvious passing downs like 3rd and 20. We had WAY too many of those in the second half, and we're not built for it (nor should we be... Nobody is built for 3rd and 20).

The passing game is on life support. We have a QB and doesn't see all the field, throws behind receivers, and makes stupid reads (everybody in my section knew he going to throw to abdullah when he threw the int.), and for whatever reason we have wide receivers that get scared to catch the ball.

It is difficult for BAMA to run on teams when the other team knows BAMA is going to run the ball. We need to be more balanced so when teams do stack the box ,like they did in the second half, we can make them pay.

I can and am watching Luck and Weeden..... both have "looked down" receivers and thrown picks...... How sure are you that Ameer didn't hook to the inside, when he was supposed to curl out? As a coach, I see this a lot.... a WR can make a QB look bad..... If you 100% sure that the route was run correctly, then yes, what a horrible throw..... but if Ameer ran the wrong route on a "timing" route, then Tmart wasn't at fault.... He releases ball just before the "break" and if the WR turns in, then only guy left is DB.

** Not saying you are wrong, just saying that there may be more to it than the "obvious".... I thought he played fairly well. Ran with a little more explosion and didn't "completely" miss WR.... had 3-4 drops that HAVE to be caught by DI players. Took a few sacks instead of throwing picks, and literally had NO time on other plays..... Some of the "reads" on option were great, others are not.....called football... Maybe SC defense had something to do with it.

- Mark my words, Tmart can get the job done, if guys catch balls, don't put him behind the down and distance with stupid penalties !!!

A promising future based on what? One good recruiting class out of 4 and likely 5 classes?

So you're saying we aren't far off yet have a team of average players. Do you think that getting a team of all-conference players happens over night then? We are a long ways off for the reason you just mentioned. Not to mention we're guaranteed yo get out coached 2-3 times a year. That didn't happen in the big 12 north, it will n big 10.

The Big Ten is soft. We'll be straight. We do need to recruit different types of players to win the Big Ten Championship, but we aren't far off. Just imagine if we had Suh, and a passer like RG3, Luck, or Russell Wilson. The tone on this board would be a lot different.

What teally sucks is watching Stanford right now and 3 minutes into the 2nd quarter and 4 RBs have run the ball already. I love Rex but we just burn him out. Play the frickin talent Bo! If you dont the recruiting is going to get worse and worse. Kids know if younger players are getting a chance to play and that can affect decisions for recruits. Also dont tell them they will have great chance to play right away if you give them a couple chances but they may make mistakes then they are never seen again.

If we only had Sandra Bullock in the huddle 'splaining the snap count to Yoshi....And have our receivers doing some sort of kinky finger exercizes to help them catch the ball....Nevermind..There's at least ten teams much better than USC this season..we got some major growing to do.

I don't think there's even that much that needs to change about our passing game. I'm more concerned with the self-destructive false starts that put us into obvious passing downs like 3rd and 20. We had WAY too many of those in the second half, and we're not built for it (nor should we be... Nobody is built for 3rd and 20).

The passing game is on life support. We have a QB and doesn't see all the field, throws behind receivers, and makes stupid reads (everybody in my section knew he going to throw to abdullah when he threw the int.), and for whatever reason we have wide receivers that get scared to catch the ball.

It is difficult for BAMA to run on teams when the other team knows BAMA is going to run the ball. We need to be more balanced so when teams do stack the box ,like they did in the second half, we can make them pay.

I can and am watching Luck and Weeden..... both have "looked down" receivers and thrown picks...... How sure are you that Ameer didn't hook to the inside, when he was supposed to curl out? As a coach, I see this a lot.... a WR can make a QB look bad..... If you 100% sure that the route was run correctly, then yes, what a horrible throw..... but if Ameer ran the wrong route on a "timing" route, then Tmart wasn't at fault.... He releases ball just before the "break" and if the WR turns in, then only guy left is DB.

** Not saying you are wrong, just saying that there may be more to it than the "obvious".... I thought he played fairly well. Ran with a little more explosion and didn't "completely" miss WR.... had 3-4 drops that HAVE to be caught by DI players. Took a few sacks instead of throwing picks, and literally had NO time on other plays..... Some of the "reads" on option were great, others are not.....called football... Maybe SC defense had something to do with it.

- Mark my words, Tmart can get the job done, if guys catch balls, don't put him behind the down and distance with stupid penalties !!!

Weeden and Luck may stare down guys, but when they are on they are great and accurate. I agree with that abdullah could have turned the wrong direction, but that is not how it looked when I saw the coaches approach Martinez after the play. Agreed we did have drops, but all our WRs have changed over the past 2 years and we still don't have a consistent passing game. Maybe we need to start looking in a new direction.

Also, the o-line wasn't that bad today. They played against a 1st round DE and future first round DE and mostly held there own when we had balance. It is hard to run on anyone when 8 or 9 guys are in the box. SC in the second half had no respect for our passing game.