How will Nebraska fare next year.

Rex is not a remotely similar player to Lucky, though. Also think Taylor already carried a pretty large load this year. I think it's the sophomore RBs that will need to take on a bigger role in the offense. If they don't, I would be pretty disappointment. It would mean either a waste of their talent, or three very big recruiting misses.

I think we have a chance to improve in the 2nd year of the B1G era. I guess what worries me, is what worries most folks. Will the D return to what it was a couple years ago. Our D wasn't horrible, but it just wasn't great times when it needed to be. Special Teams is another big area of concern.

I think the O is going to be ok, just as long as Beck stops doing his Watson impersonations. There's a lot of youth at the skill positions with hopefully, room for growth.

Barring any catastrophic injuries, I can see 10-2 or even 11-1, if things break right.

I think we have a chance to improve in the 2nd year of the B1G era. I guess what worries me, is what worries most folks. Will the D return to what it was a couple years ago. Our D wasn't horrible, but it just wasn't great times when it needed to be. Special Teams is another big area of concern.

I think the O is going to be ok, just as long as Beck stops doing his Watson impersonations. There's a lot of youth at the skill positions with hopefully, room for growth.

Barring any catastrophic injuries, I can see 10-2 or even 11-1, if things break right.

the defense will feature a lot of new guys......not going to be easy with David gone, huge void to fill, huge!

Bo's entire defensive scheme is really based on whether or not we can apply pressure with just a four man rush. If we can put pressure on QB's using only our defensive line we will be successful. If we cannot apply pressure with four, we will look much like we did this year.

we will lose a lot of games if the defense doesn't get pressure up front, my biggest concern, especially having lost David and Dennard.

Burkhead will continue to show what a great player he is, and improve his stock in the NFL draft.

I think the defense will be better next season also, especially up front. The coverage this past year wasn't that bad, we just need more pressure up front. At times this past season they showed signs of being pretty good. Other times...not so much.

Hopefully something will inspire the offensive line to revert back to the days of old, when the OL was a force to reckon with. I think at this point the problem is more with coaching, and the lack of attitude. They tried to show some attitude in the game against SC, but then unfortunately couldn't back it up. But I did like the fact that they did a decent job the 1st half, and maybe felt a little confidence. Hopefully that confidence will be back...along with the ability to back it up.

I think the special teams will be better this year. Kicking is not a problem, and hopefully the coverage team will improve, as well as the return team's blocking.

I think the 2nd half adjustments will be better than they were at times this past year. That has always been a strong point at Nebraska. It does help to also have the conditioning program that we do, and have more left in the tank come the 4th Qtr.

And finally, I think Bo will mature a little more, and we won't see the emotional displays on the sideline so much. I am tired of travelling around the country and having to hear the comments. I really don't think it is as bad as the media would like the rest of the country to believe, but convincing the rest of the country means that Bo can't give them fodor through a 5 second piece of video. Unfortunately, everyone is looking for the meltdowns on the sidelines.

Would love to see a 10 win season going into the B1G Championship game. That is going to take a lot of work, but who knows...this is supposed to be positive.

Defense: Slightly worse. (We lose our 3 best players from an average squad.)

Offense: Slightly better. (Another year of experience for Martinez. Burkhead will be his usual self. Talented young wide receivers. OL needs work.)

Special Teams: Roughly equal.

9-10 wins. No conference championship . . . again.

Burkhead will continue to show what a great player he is, and improve his stock in the NFL draft.

I think the defense will be better next season also, especially up front. The coverage this past year wasn't that bad, we just need more pressure up front. At times this past season they showed signs of being pretty good. Other times...not so much.

Hopefully something will inspire the offensive line to revert back to the days of old, when the OL was a force to reckon with. I think at this point the problem is more with coaching, and the lack of attitude. They tried to show some attitude in the game against SC, but then unfortunately couldn't back it up. But I did like the fact that they did a decent job the 1st half, and maybe felt a little confidence. Hopefully that confidence will be back...along with the ability to back it up.

I think the special teams will be better this year. Kicking is not a problem, and hopefully the coverage team will improve, as well as the return team's blocking.

I think the 2nd half adjustments will be better than they were at times this past year. That has always been a strong point at Nebraska. It does help to also have the conditioning program that we do, and have more left in the tank come the 4th Qtr.

And finally, I think Bo will mature a little more, and we won't see the emotional displays on the sideline so much. I am tired of travelling around the country and having to hear the comments. I really don't think it is as bad as the media would like the rest of the country to believe, but convincing the rest of the country means that Bo can't give them fodor through a 5 second piece of video. Unfortunately, everyone is looking for the meltdowns on the sidelines.

Would love to see a 10 win season going into the B1G Championship game. That is going to take a lot of work, but who knows...this is supposed to be positive.

Oh gawd, the same old whining and sobbing about "brutal" Bo is and even worse, how terribly un-PC he is. Wahhhhhhh......

Maybe flag-football would be a better match for you. Or, flag-football without the vicious/mean blocking?

Oh gawd, the same old whining and sobbing about "brutal" Bo is and even worse, how terribly un-PC he is. Wahhhhhhh......

Maybe flag-football would be a better match for you. Or, flag-football without the vicious/mean blocking?

maybe this thread his outlasted it's useful life....

Defense...slightly better [i think it will be possible to minimize the lost of Dennard]. Think about it, when Nebraska typically has a good defense it either starts up front [like it was with Suh] or it starts in the backfield [like it was with Hagg, Gomes, Amukamara, and Dennard]. I think we see a big improvement in our secondary's coverage ability and hopefully that will allow our defensive line to generate some pressure.

Offense...slightly better. A ton of experience returning to the offensive side of the ball.

I'd say 10-11 wins and an appearance in the B1G CCG where we will face more than likely Wisconsin.