I hope Turner or another QB gets a long hard look this offseason.

TM was sacked 21 times during the 2011 season and 6 times against S. Carolina......with all his speed he has not learned to move around or throw the ball away......not all these sacks are on the offensive line, he has to improve in this area! and Beck needs to run some designed roll outs to get the pressure off TM....there is much work to be done here.

TM was sacked 21 times during the 2011 season and 6 times against S. Carolina......with all his speed he has not learned to move around or throw the ball away......not all these sacks are on the offensive line, he has to improve in this area! and Beck needs to run some designed roll outs to get the pressure off TM....there is much work to be done here.

Dennard Robinson was sacked 18 times this year. While I agree with the rollout strategy, that alone won't fix the problem.

I hope Martinez is not the QB the next two years, but the playcalling sure could be much better. Beck clearly has not figured out a way to utilize Martinez's skills set. All great coaches find ways to utilize the talent they have. Not the talent they wish they had. Seems like our coaches both offensive and defensive are stuck on what they "want" to do.....not what the players on the team "allow" them to do. What was scary to me was the fact that in Bo's fourth year, you would have thought this was the year that we had developed the exact type of talent he wanted to achieve his goals with. Guess not?

That said, with the very low football IQ I have, I have always heard that when a defense is blitzing or applying pressure with 8-9 guys in the box....well that is prime time to run screens or draw plays. WR screen, HB screens? Do we know what those are at Nebraska? With Rex Burkheads abilities in the open field you would think its a no brainer.

How many of Robinson's linemen are scholarship linemen? 3 of our 5 were former/current walk-ons.

Something else I haven't seen mentioned deal with the wideouts. Not only did they drop way too many passes, but these guys aren't talented enough to get open. Couple that with poor line play and it's a miracle TM's stats aren't worse than they are.

If DONU doesn't get more talent on the lines and in the skill positions, they will continue to flounder against the good teams.

I hope Martinez is not the QB the next two years, but the playcalling sure could be much better. Beck clearly has not figured out a way to utilize Martinez's skills set. All great coaches find ways to utilize the talent they have. Not the talent they wish they had. Seems like our coaches both offensive and defensive are stuck on what they "want" to do.....not what the players on the team "allow" them to do. What was scary to me was the fact that in Bo's fourth year, you would have thought this was the year that we had developed the exact type of talent he wanted to achieve his goals with. Guess not?

That said, with the very low football IQ I have, I have always heard that when a defense is blitzing or applying pressure with 8-9 guys in the box....well that is prime time to run screens or draw plays. WR screen, HB screens? Do we know what those are at Nebraska? With Rex Burkheads abilities in the open field you would think its a no brainer.

unless he gets hurt by a meteor, he will be under center........in Bo we trust...errrrrr......

Rex and Taylor are our 2 most dependable and consistant guys on offense. It makes no sense to me to want to bench either one of them. The offense has it's share of problems, Taylor Martinez is not one of them.

Sorry, this is what it was in response to.

Are you saying that's wrong? Because I don't know who else you would say is more consistent...

Rex and Taylor are our 2 most dependable and consistant guys on offense. It makes no sense to me to want to bench either one of them. The offense has it's share of problems, Taylor Martinez is not one of them.

Are you saying that's wrong? Because I don't know who else you would say is more consistent...

Yeah, I don't know of anyone on the offense more consistent (in a good way) than Taylor and Rex.

Yeah, I don't know of anyone on the offense more consistent (in a good way) than Taylor and Rex.

I would argue Kenny Bell...and if he's not then it's because he hasn't been given as many opportunities as Taylor and Rex have, which may be a reason more guys aren't as consistent, not given as opportunities as Taylor gets.

I would argue Kenny Bell...and if he's not then it's because he hasn't been given as many opportunities as Taylor and Rex have, which may be a reason more guys aren't as consistent, not given as opportunities as Taylor gets.

More touches for those guys could reveal more consistency, or it could reveal less consistency. Chances are, if they aren't getting as many touches, it's because they're less consistent in practice.

Guys like Rex and Kenny Bell get a lot more love than Taylor, but since the Wisconsin game, Taylor really has been pretty reliable. For whatever reason, people tend to forget that Rex's fumble against Northwestern helped lose us that game, and Kenny Bell's fumble against Michigan was a factor in that special teams meltdown. Neither Kenny or Rex were really more consistent than Taylor, people just have selective memories.

For example, how many people are complaining about the inconsistent play of Rex Burkhead, who had 14 carries for 71 yards in the first half against South Carolina, and only 18 yards on 9 carries in the second half?