Images of $20m renovation @ Devaney Sports Complex for Volleyball

Nexus

I had seen the main pics there, but hadn't seen a couple of the campus, the closeup inside, or the cutaway. Looks like it'll be a fantastic v-ball only facility when all is said and done! Kudos to Nebraska for getting this done! The old barn is great with a wonderfully intimate atmosphere, but a new facility like this, with all the bells and whistles that can still capture that intimate feel is the best of all worlds!

Once more thing.....

I have always felt that Devaney is disconnected from Campus. With Innocation campus and other new buildings, is there a way to make the complex feel more a part of campus? Or is it just me? Get some Natural Resources kids to do some landscaping work to blend in the with the Antlelope Valley Project. Just an idea.

I agree. For the sake of helping recruiting among other things. Sprucing up the campus area and its immediate surroundings is just as important in attracting out-of-state students and athletes alike. Not sure if you're aware of this website, but it's worth checking out.

This campus could be one of the most beautiful in the nation if they wanted it to be. But unfortunately, that part of the budget was one that was axed a few years ago. Thats why you see overgrown bushes and such everywhere. They really only budget enough now to keep the grass mowed and do a few minor things here and there. There isn't any money for landscaping.

Once more thing.....

I have always felt that Devaney is disconnected from Campus. With Innocation campus and other new buildings, is there a way to make the complex feel more a part of campus? Or is it just me? Get some Natural Resources kids to do some landscaping work to blend in the with the Antlelope Valley Project. Just an idea.

I agree. For the sake of helping recruiting among other things. Sprucing up the campus area and its immediate surroundings is just as important in attracting out-of-state students and athletes alike. Not sure if you're aware of this website, but it's worth checking out.

This campus could be one of the most beautiful in the nation if they wanted it to be. But unfortunately, that part of the budget was one that was axed a few years ago. Thats why you see overgrown bushes and such everywhere. They really only budget enough now to keep the grass mowed and do a few minor things here and there. There isn't any money for landscaping.

I was talking w/ my neighbor (he's a HS senior) yesterday. He's not originally from Kansas so has no allegiance to any local school. (He's actually good friends with Shavon Shields who is committed to our basketball team right now - I've seen him around before). Anyways - he is going to K-State (he's an asian city boy) so I had to give him some crap about getting himself a pickup with some big tires (he just got a new nissan 350z) so he can fit in. We were discussing schools and he mentioned that he almost went to Missouri, and he was saying how beautiful the campus and surrounding area is. I hear that a lot about Kansas as well - and their campus really is nice. Those impressions are very important.

Nebraska could go a long ways, from a recruiting standpoint to just the regular joe undergrad if they would fire whoever is responsible for facilities and get someone and some money pouring into the university grounds. It's just lipstick and makeup, but it's a big part of what makes the girl hot. We had a long thread about this last year - but while the facilities the athletes spend their time in are top notch...the overall campus is far from spectacular.

I was talking w/ my neighbor (he's a HS senior) yesterday. He's not originally from Kansas so has no allegiance to any local school. (He's actually good friends with Shavon Shields who is committed to our basketball team right now - I've seen him around before). Anyways - he is going to K-State (he's an asian city boy) so I had to give him some crap about getting himself a pickup with some big tires (he just got a new nissan 350z) so he can fit in. We were discussing schools and he mentioned that he almost went to Missouri, and he was saying how beautiful the campus and surrounding area is. I hear that a lot about Kansas as well - and their campus really is nice. Those impressions are very important.

Nebraska could go a long ways, from a recruiting standpoint to just the regular joe undergrad if they would fire whoever is responsible for facilities and get someone and some money pouring into the university grounds. It's just lipstick and makeup, but it's a big part of what makes the girl hot. We had a long thread about this last year - but while the facilities the athletes spend their time in are top notch...the overall campus is far from spectacular.

Seriously, I wish him good luck. I know a student there has been bullied because she was Asian at that campus. She had to drop an extra-curricular activity because of it.

• 1 month later...

Makes you wonder if we will every be able to sell the place out

It will sell out more than every once in a while. I wouldn't be surprised to see it average 6K+ every match. I think there is a waiting list for season tickets right now and they only allow 50 student tickets, which go incredibly fast.

Ideally they will up season tickets considerably and allot more seats for students.

This place will be packed and rocking as long as Nebraska Volleyball is competitive.

Makes you wonder if we will every be able to sell the place out

It will sell out more than every once in a while. I wouldn't be surprised to see it average 6K+ every match. I think there is a waiting list for season tickets right now and they only allow 50 student tickets, which go incredibly fast.

Ideally they will up season tickets considerably and allot more seats for students.

This place will be packed and rocking as long as Nebraska Volleyball is competitive.

ya i was going to say, don't you think they should make a big student section? i'm sure the demand is there...

I know Cook addressed selling it out when they announced the facility. I don't think they'd be moving there if they didn't think the demand warranted it. They're certainly cognizant of wanting to protect their sellout string.

10k is a big jump from 4k...i will be surprised if we sell out consistently, but it would be nice if we did