Images of $20m renovation @ Devaney Sports Complex for Volleyball

Nexus

Wow! That looks pretty nice.

I thought they were going to drop the ceiling down. Maybe they changed plans.

In the OWH story link posted above it mentions this:

Seats along the sidelines will be replaced and moved inward, while arched girders will be added to the Devaney Center's ceiling to mimic the Coliseum's signature barrel ceiling and create a more intimate atmosphere.

I heard the same thing, maybe they wanted the beams instead.

Looks nice.....what's capacity?

Per OWH link posted above:

Currently, the Devaney Center holds 13,900 fans but will be set up to hold 7,000 regularly for volleyball and could be configured for crowds of up to 10,000 for big matches or special events.

Wow! That looks pretty nice.

It still looks like they took a good 20+ rows of seating out if that rendering is accurate. It holds 13.5K now, supposed to be down to 10K. I do agree it looks absolutely great! I'm really glad they chose to spend the money and update it for the other sports teams instead of letting that place go to crap. We are going to have top level football, basketball, volleyball, wrestling, baseball and indoor track and field facilities in all of college athletics when this is done. Give the athletic dept props for understanding we have more then a football team here. Hopefully it will also help teams like volleyball actually make money. The lowered arch beam looking thing in the pic also gives it a coliseum feel to it which is cool.

Once more thing.....

I have always felt that Devaney is disconnected from Campus. With Innocation campus and other new buildings, is there a way to make the complex feel more a part of campus? Or is it just me? Get some Natural Resources kids to do some landscaping work to blend in the with the Antlelope Valley Project. Just an idea.

Once more thing.....

I have always felt that Devaney is disconnected from Campus. With Innocation campus and other new buildings, is there a way to make the complex feel more a part of campus? Or is it just me? Get some Natural Resources kids to do some landscaping work to blend in the with the Antlelope Valley Project. Just an idea.

I agree. For the sake of helping recruiting among other things. Sprucing up the campus area and its immediate surroundings is just as important in attracting out-of-state students and athletes alike. Not sure if you're aware of this website, but it's worth checking out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...