The elephant in the living room

So all this rehashin if Bos sideline demeanor has me pondering a few things in regards to recruiting. Does it make sense for Bo to stay out ahead o the subject while talking with recruits parents or do you thing he only answers to it when asked. Also is this an issue of concern with mom(her baby boy) and a welcome to dad(discipline welcomed) or do you think this is a non issue altogether?

My personal take is he should get out in front of it maybe even with a sense of humor about it like: " I can't tell how loud I'm talking with those damn headphones on!" orsomething to remove the tension. I don't think you can tell mom and dad that I will change but say that you are aware of I and understand their concern but that I isn't malicious or indicative of his relationship with the athletes!

• Fire 1

So all this rehashin if Bos sideline demeanor has me pondering a few things in regards to recruiting. Does it make sense for Bo to stay out ahead o the subject while talking with recruits parents or do you thing he only answers to it when asked. Also is this an issue of concern with mom(her baby boy) and a welcome to dad(discipline welcomed) or do you think this is a non issue altogether?

No

I don't think that there's any proper way to explain it in a living room. Personally, I feel that for a recruit to get to know Bo for Bo is to get him to take a visit on a gameday. Let's face, gameday is pretty much the only selling point we have in Lincoln for a recruit when it comes to a swing point. They have to be able to see Bo with the team behind closed doors. It would be hard to just get ahold of former and/or current players and ask how Bo is because there would be so many biased opinions, maybe not from one extreme to the other, but they would bias nonetheless. I tell you what, just watch that short video of the Ohio St. postgame lockeroom and see how the players and Bo were responding to each other. And that was exactly one week after so many were on here saying how Bo had lost the team and the team had tuned Bo out etc. That video should be enough assurance that things will be fine. It's so obvious that Bo is a night and day different person with the team than he is with the public/media. He obviously doesnt enjoy addressing the media/public, so at first his attitude would reflect that, and some of it may have been a show, but he's learning that it's part of the job to deal with it, and as time goes he's getting to know and used to our media reps.

Lastly, I think the person who mentioned track record of graduating kids and producing NFL talent says it best. 2-3 years ago Bo did not have that track record, now he has one. How many graduate. Heck, he can even sell that even his greatest players (Suh, Prince, Crick, Dennard, David, Burkhead,) have/are returned/returning for their senior year. How many players get in trouble while theyre here. How many have caused problems after leaving here. I've always been one willing to sacrafice a few games a year to know we have and always will have a clean program that doesnt come under scrutiny. I know it's hard to get around the perception of Bo's intensity as a hot head on a national level because of ESPN's Bo cam, but he has so much, in my opionion anyway, that he can counter that with. Heck i even wish he'd go back to Pre-A&Mscrewjob Bo, seems like the team was better with that intensity flowing out on the sidelines.

Generally his actions have been directed at officials and not necessarily individual players. I wish he would lose that face he shows up with when he gets upset however. I have yet to see a call overturned because the coach looks like a physcho!

What calls get overturned after the refs look over at the head coach and change their mind? Actually...I'm only 97% sure that doesn't happen in Bo's case.

Generally his actions have been directed at officials and not necessarily individual players. I wish he would lose that face he shows up with when he gets upset however. I have yet to see a call overturned because the coach looks like a physcho!

I have yet to ever see a call get overturned after it was made and processed PERIOD. Of course there's always the thought it could hurt in future calls, which is complete bs.

Bo is getting better with each game at reeling in his temper. Now it takes a couple to three bad ones before it boils over. Monday however, there were the two that were just so completely absurd-the picked up clip and bogus pass int.- that physco Bo was pretty much warranted immediately.

Sure glad Nebraska fans never had Jimmy Johnson as HC. I remember Him at Miami(both UM and dolphins) and I am a huge cowboy fan so I remember his high blood pressure moments there as well. But again like so many have said. Winning cures all that ails you! If Bo brings home(realistically 1-3) conference titles or 1 big crystal ball in the next 5-10 years he can sacrifice virgins on the sidelines while biting off the heads of chickens and us fans like zombies will follow him into the pit of hades!!! Whoa kinda spaced off there!! But I think you get my drift.

I have yet to ever see a call get overturned after it was made and processed PERIOD. Of course there's always the thought it could hurt in future calls, which is complete bs.

It is not complete BS. I would bet the ranch that some of Bo's (or any coaches) ranting and raving will cause them to get some calls and also to lose some calls. Those guys in stripes are not as completely unbiased as you would like to think they are. If Bo is on their case for calling holding on us and not the other team, that will likely cause 1 of 2 things to happen. The refs will either watch closer to see if they are missing something or they will develope a bit of an attitude and not give him the benefit of the doubt. I would guess it's about 50/50 over the course of a season. But saying it doesn't influence them is incorrect. But, it is correct to say that it will not influence a call that has already been made.

It is not complete BS. I would bet the ranch that some of Bo's (or any coaches) ranting and raving will cause them to get some calls and also to lose some calls. Those guys in stripes are not as completely unbiased as you would like to think they are. If Bo is on their case for calling holding on us and not the other team, that will likely cause 1 of 2 things to happen. The refs will either watch closer to see if they are missing something or they will develope a bit of an attitude and not give him the benefit of the doubt. I would guess it's about 50/50 over the course of a season. But saying it doesn't influence them is incorrect. But, it is correct to say that it will not influence a call that has already been made.

You missinterpreted my bs I think. I dont think it's bs that it has happened or may happen, but the fact that has or could is bs. Officials have job to do and they should never let the emotions resulting of one call dictate a call or two later on. That is what's bs.