Now what?

according to rivals...

5 star players....

none

4star players...

Greg McMullen and Paul Thurston

3 star players....

Jared Afalva, Tommy Armstrong, Micheal Rose and Thomas Brown

Sam Cotton and Avery Moss are only here because of family (peat), and two jucos.

With only 3 weeks left, and with Peat and Fuller as the only big dogs left interested in us.....Color me worried.

according to rivals...

5 star players....

none

4star players...

3 star players....

Sam Cotton and Avery Moss are only here because of family (peat), and two jucos.

With only 3 weeks left, and with Peat and Fuller as the only big dogs left interested in us.....Color me worried.

first off, the "two jucos" are also 4 Star players, and 2 of the highest rated JUCO players in the nation. it's not like they're lousy cannon fodder.

2nd of all, Rose was in the UA All-America Game, and he's definitely more talented than his 3 stars suggest. It's a travesty he's not a low 4 star, at least

the same goes with Afalava and Armstrong, besides the stars, there is also the "Rivals Rating"...I think the cutoff from 3 to 4 star is 5.8 (4 to 5 star is 6.1) Armstrong, Afalava, and Moss are all 5.7, 0.1 shy of 4 star rating, as is Rose.

On that note, Moss for sure is a selling point to get Andrus Peat here, but it's not like he's a 2-star slouch, either. see the above sentence.

The only ones I can really agree with you on is Sam Cotton and Thomas Brown...Cotton I don't think would be highly regarded if he wasn't a "Nebraska kid" and a coach's son. Brown may fit the profile of the coaches' "Diamond in the rough" type...

however, this class is far from finished, and even now, it's far from weak. We've got a small, but strong class.

according to rivals...

5 star players....

none

4star players...

3 star players....

1. Who gives a s!#t about stars. People put way to much credence into star ratings. How about we try looking at a kids film and offer list before writing them off but for clarity, Ill use stars when describing commits since that's the way most people on this board determine the quality of a football player.

2. The JuCos are 4 stars and are 2 of the top 12 jucos in the nation and will start the next two years.

3. Westercamp is still comitted and is a 4 star.

4. Of NUs five 3 star recruits, four have a rating of 5.7 which means their on the cusp of being a 4 star. Id be shocked if rose didn't get a 4th star after last nights performance. Best LB on the field.

5. Why does moss and cotton being commits with family ties take away from the fact that they are comitted? Peat fall into this category?

6. Everyone get a clue.

• Fire 1

according to rivals...

5 star players....

none

4star players...

3 star players....

first off, the "two jucos" are also 4 Star players, and 2 of the highest rated JUCO players in the nation. it's not like they're lousy cannon fodder.

2nd of all, Rose was in the UA All-America Game, and he's definitely more talented than his 3 stars suggest. It's a travesty he's not a low 4 star, at least

the same goes with Afalava and Armstrong, besides the stars, there is also the "Rivals Rating"...I think the cutoff from 3 to 4 star is 5.8 (4 to 5 star is 6.1) Armstrong, Afalava, and Moss are all 5.7, 0.1 shy of 4 star rating, as is Rose.

On that note, Moss for sure is a selling point to get Andrus Peat here, but it's not like he's a 2-star slouch, either. see the above sentence.

The only ones I can really agree with you on is Sam Cotton and Thomas Brown...Cotton I don't think would be highly regarded if he wasn't a "Nebraska kid" and a coach's son. Brown may fit the profile of the coaches' "Diamond in the rough" type...

however, this class is far from finished, and even now, it's far from weak. We've got a small, but strong class.

Well said

Nathanwindu, while i agree, its still concerning considering the classes we normally bring in. But, unlike other people here, you can actaully talk about the facts without getting panties bunched up. :)

1. Who gives a s!#t about stars. People put way to much credence into star ratings. How about we try looking at a kids film and offer list before writing them off but for clarity, Ill use stars when describing commits since that's the way most people on this board determine the quality of a football player.

2. The JuCos are 4 stars and are 2 of the top 12 jucos in the nation and will start the next two years.

4. Of NUs five 3 star recruits, four have a rating of 5.7 which means their on the cusp of being a 4 star. Id be shocked if rose didn't get a 4th star after last nights performance. Best LB on the field.

5. Why does moss and cotton being commits with family ties take away from the fact that they are comitted? Peat fall into this category?

6. Everyone get a clue.

1.a. Lol, you say who cares about stars, yet keep citing people’s ratings.... Funny how when it works to your advantage, you throw it. When it doesn’t work out for you.... you say is doesn’t mean sh#t. funny!

1.b. Also, watching HIGHLIGHT films is a bad way to grade a player. A hightlight film is only HIGHLIGHTS of good plays. You think they put their bad plays in there? Their penalties? Come on man! To rate a player, you need to watch SEVERAL full games of the player, not just highlights.

2. We don’t know if they will play. Will they get hurt, not able to understand the system in 2 years, live up to expectations, get in Bo's dog house? In the end, they are juco. You have them for a few years, instead of 5. How many jucos have any of the traditional top 10 teams taken this year? (usc, texas, Bama, LSU, OSU, etc).

3. He is gone on Saturday.

4. I agree Rose deserves a 4th star and think he will get one. Oh, but I thought ratings didn’t mean sh#t? :D

5. Avery is a 2 star recruit (according to Scouts) that was only offered because of his family ties. No one is stupid enough to think we would offer him after we thought we had Westerkamp and possibly Fuller coming in.

6. Funny, I love how if people don’t agree with your opinion, they should "get a clue". How about pull your head out of the sand and take off your red colored glasses and admit we aren’t doing as well as we hoped in recruiting. It’s not the end of the world if we talk about our shortcomings, it doesn’t mean we aren’t fans and we don’t support our team. We don’t have to be obtuse, to be fans. I don’t understand why with some people, you can’t just talk about the facts without people getting their panties in a bunch.

In the end, I think we have some good players, I just expected more by this time of the year. Bo may have shot a little too high this year with only going after big dogs. I hope next year we can take a more balanced approach.

This recruiting hype and worries are way overboard. I know it's essential and important but as a fan It's the last thing I'm worried about. This is my time to relax from the drama of the season, sit back and wait for spring ball, then a summer of heightened anticipation. But then again this year there's no basketball games to go to.

Nathanwindu, while i agree, its still concerning considering the classes we normally bring in. But, unlike other people here, you can actaully talk about the facts without getting panties bunched up. :)

Ha, yea, I guess....

Fyi, I think the coaches have already said that this will be a smaller class, probably anywhere between 15-19 kids, so it wouldn't surprise me to see only a few more kids, but I think we'll be around 16-18 when all's said and done. So, I'd say this class is an exception, not the rule.

But that doesn't mean we can't have a solid class despite the size. Peat and Fuller would do wonders for the class.

5. Avery is a 2 star recruit (according to Scouts) that was only offered because of his family ties. No one is stupid enough to think we would offer him after we thought we had Westerkamp and possibly Fuller coming in.

What do Westerkamp and Fuller have to do with a DE recruit?

For a kid that has primarily played BBall all his life, and just started up with football, he very easily could end up one of biggest "diamonds in the rough" tye guys in this class.

Try to watch some bball film and you will see a freak, physical athlete. His football footwork(a credit probably to bball) is very good actually for as "green" as he is. Yes, it doesn't hurt the cause one bit who his cousins are, but the kid is a well built athlete that has the frame to put on more weight.

And for reference always remember that Scout SUCKS

2. We don’t know if they will play. Will they get hurt, not able to understand the system in 2 years, live up to expectations, get in Bo's dog house? In the end, they are juco. You have them for a few years, instead of 5. How many jucos have any of the traditional top 10 teams taken this year? (usc, texas, Bama, LSU, OSU, etc).

As long as we're talking about what could happen, they could turn into All-Americans like some other JUCO LB I've heard of.

USC has two, Texas has two, Alabama has one, Oklahoma has three, Arkansas has two and was after one of ours, Oregon has two.

This cat is athletic as they come for someone his size and there is a lot to be excited about with him. Moss would probably be rated quite higher than where he currently is if he would have started football sooner. Now I believe that he is worthy of his offer without Peat as well, but the recruitment of Peat brought him to the attention of the staff.

Nathanwindu, while i agree, its still concerning considering the classes we normally bring in. But, unlike other people here, you can actaully talk about the facts without getting panties bunched up.   :)

1. Who gives a s!#t about stars. People put way to much credence into star ratings. How about we try looking at a kids film and offer list before writing them off but for clarity, Ill use stars when describing commits since that's the way most people on this board  determine the quality of a football player.

6. Everyone get a clue.

1.a. Lol, you say who cares about stars, yet keep citing people’s ratings.... Funny how when it works to your advantage, you throw it. When it doesn’t work out for you.... you say is doesn’t mean sh#t. funny!

1.b. Also, watching HIGHLIGHT films is a bad way to grade a player.  A hightlight film is only HIGHLIGHTS of good plays.  You think they put their bad plays in there?  Their penalties?  Come on man! To rate a player, you need to watch SEVERAL full games of the player, not just highlights.

3. He is gone on Saturday.

4. I agree Rose deserves a 4th star and think he will get one. Oh, but I thought ratings didn’t mean sh#t? :D

6. Funny, I love how if people don’t agree with your opinion, they should "get a clue". How about pull your head out of the sand and take off your red colored glasses and admit we aren’t doing as well as we hoped in recruiting. It’s not the end of the world if we talk about our shortcomings, it doesn’t mean we aren’t fans and we don’t support our team. We don’t have to be obtuse, to be fans. I don’t understand why with some people, you can’t just talk about the facts without people getting their panties in a bunch.

In the end, I think we have some good players, I just expected more by this time of the year. Bo may have shot a little too high this year with only going after big dogs. I hope next year we can take a more balanced approach.

First of all, let me apologize for being an ass in that post. Combination of a long week of work and then reading the same old post over and over and over again kind of put me over the edge for a moment. Anyway, sorry.  Now, to my rebuttal.1a. I clearly stated that I was going to use the ratings given to them because that was all you were interested in when you were listing them by stars. Not sure the advantage/disadvantage you're talking about when using the ratings when we are talking about the exact same people…. And I do retract the stars not meaning sh*t. The 2nd sentence is true though.  I'm guessing a majority of NU's top ten players under Bo we're not highly recruited. 1b. But at least with a highlight reel you can see someone's speed, agility, technique, explosiveness, etc. with one's own eyes instead of relying on a recruiting service, who is in charge of ranking over 1000 kids, to tell you who is good. You think the recruiting services watch several games of every player in their database to determine their appropriate star rating?  If they do, why is there such a large discrepancy in rankings of players between all the sites?2. You seem to not be a big fan of jucos. You can say the same thing about every recruit in every class.  Who knows if anyone is going to pan out. I suppose it would be better to have a juco not pan out than a high school kid since only 2-3 years would be wasted opposed to 4-5. All I know is that this staff seems to be developing a decent track record with juco's and I don't think they should be seen as any less important to the class than a high school commit. Oh ya... USC - 2, Bama - 1, Texas - 2, LSU – 0, OSU – 0, Florida – 2…. Kind of a surprise to see any SEC school with juco's considering their ability to free up scholarships and oversign.  You would think they shouldn't have any holes at any position. 3.  You may be right but until something is made official…. Ya.  You're probably right.5. I guess I'm stupid because I think this kid has some skill.  So did the people at the Semper Fidelis Bowl invite him to the bowl expecting Andrus to follow? I'm sure the staff thinks getting Moss will help in the recruitment of Andrus but my guess is that they saw something in him over the past 2 years recruiting the Peats.  Also, i believe we were always going to take 2 DE's this year due to lack of depth behind next years graduating class, so I don't think scholarship numbers had anything to do with it. You're also citing Scout which is by far the worst of all the recruiting sites.  Good thing you didn't list the commits by stars from scout… your head really would have exploded. 6. Again sorry.  You're entitled to your opinion. I guess I should have just tried to sway it instead of belittle it. Anyway, I think this class may end up being a little less than what people had hoped for but by no means is horrible or worth someone worrying over. If Andrus commits and a few other of our targets, I think this class will be close to last years.