Good Documentaries

I've heard Maynard interviewed a couple of times by a local (AZ) radio station 98KUPD...He's a difficult interview, but I'd love to see that Doccumentary.

Is it just about the vinery? (Although I could use some advice for my grape plants by the front door.

it was on netflix recently. Its about all around business, From planting grapes tot the blending on wines and selling it. It's funny at times too, Maynard has a wiked dry sens of humor.

I hear it all the time, but I still don't know exactly what that means (Wicked Dry sense of Humor)

I've heard Maynard interviewed a couple of times by a local (AZ) radio station 98KUPD...He's a difficult interview, but I'd love to see that Doccumentary.

Is it just about the vinery? (Although I could use some advice for my grape plants by the front door.

it was on netflix recently. Its about all around business, From planting grapes tot the blending on wines and selling it. It's funny at times too, Maynard has a wiked dry sens of humor.

I hear it all the time, but I still don't know exactly what that means (Wicked Dry sense of Humor)

It can be hard to tell when someone with that type of humor is joking, and generally tends to be more of an observational nature, and often focused on the way something is said.

Plagues And Pleasures On The Salton Sea

"Once known as the California Riviera, the Salton Sea is now called one of America's worst ecological disasters: a fetid, stagnant, salty lake, coughing up dead fish and birds by the thousands. Yet a few hardy eccentrics hang on to hope, including a roadside nudist waving at passing European tourists, a man building a religious mountain out of mud and paint, beer-loving Hungarian Revolutionary Hunky Daddy, and the real-estate Ronald McDonald known simply as The Landman. Through their perceptions and misperceptions, the strange history and unexpected beauty of the Salton Sea is revealed."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqMFYGhySpA&feature=related

Go Tigers! - Follows a high school football team in 99' from the town of Massillon, Ohio. This town literally lives, eats, and breathes football.

...and that's almost an understatement. My grandfather played for Paul Brown at Massillon, when he was born in the early 20's newborns (blue for boys, pink for girls) were already being given miniature footballs at the local hospital.

Plagues And Pleasures On The Salton Sea

That looks awesome.

I forgot to mention...

Facing Ali - It's a series of interviews with the most well known boxers who faced Muhammed Ali in the ring. Some really good bits.

I'm also a big fan of Not Your Typical Bigfoot Movie...ultimately it's about the people who look for Bigfoot rather than the search or the creature itself.

I watched Jesus Camp, and the Most Hated Family In America. They were both alright, but I hope people don't think all Evangelical Churches are like that. I attend one and this film made me laugh how crazy these people are by pushing politics and abortion when the kids don't know what they are. The Most Hated Family In America (the mother needs to be shot).

• 2 weeks later...

talhotblond is my choice. Awesome documentary with a killer twist.

I also enjoyed The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia, Beyond the Mat, Hoop Dreams, The Farm: Life Inside Angola Prison, and Bret Hart: Wrestling With Shadows.

Already mentioned a few times by Baderfan and Enhance89, but Restrepo is a damn fine piece of journalism. We lost a damn fine photojournalist when Tim Hetherington died.

Jesus Camp is a must watch.

I've been meaning to see Man on Wire for quite a while. I have heard nothing but good things about it.