JUCO QB Bo Wallace

zoogs

Nexus, apologize in advance if this isn't according to your posting protocol. Shoot me a PM - I'm not sure exactly if you only post confirmed offers in here or not, but with the rumblings, I thought he'd be worth a thread. Anyway, just let me know!

--

Rivals :star :star

Scout :star :star

Ht: 6'4

Wt: 195

40: 5.05

These profiles and star ratings are out of high school. Couldn't find one for the JUCO he is at now.

http://sixpackspeak.yuku.com/topic/80855#.TwtwaNSiEQo

He apparently now has gone from no offers to an offer from almost every D1 school in America.

Date: 1/7/2012

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/um/2012/01/08/bo-wallace-jeremy-liggins-and-the-qb-position/

While Wallace is in the middle of a whirlwind tour of schools (Mississippi State, Baylor, Nebraska and Indiana in recent days), Ole Miss was seen as the leader if it ever did offer the former Arkansas State quarterback (who has three years to play three).

Whether or not we get him, I think this is a BIG discussion topic just if it's true that he visited and/or was offered. Look at that 40 time. We have only offered athletes to play QB for a while, now, I thought - and to boot, this guy is a JUCO.

If he did walk out of here with an offer in hand, I am wondering if our paramaters for QB recruiting are expanding again.

Can you link to his JC profile? I couldn't find it, that would be really helpful. It does say he is a pro-style QB. His film seems to show some scrambling, but not great speed. He does look primarily like a drop-back passer, but one who can move the pocket. (i.e, Aaron Rodgers runs his fair share, but would hardly be called a running QB)

Here's some film. Not sure if it's HS or JUCO. My guess is JUCO judging by the stadium size, but I guess you never know.

Ole Miss, Mississippi State or Baylor — which school will he enroll in this month, and try to become the next starting quarterback of?

Wallace, who led East Mississippi Community College to a national championship this year, said his mind is not made up. He’ll talk with his parents tonight, come up with a decision on Tuesday and make an announcement Wednesday.

If this info is true, we don't have chance with him because of Martinez. The kid wants to start right away

If this info is true, we don't have chance with him because of Martinez. The kid wants to start right away

Are you basing that on the assumption he couldn't beat him out for the position or that Bo wouldn't let him have a chance to? Just wondering.

I think he could beat him out, but Wallace has to be thinking that Martinez started as a fresh, soph, and heard the media attention surrounding him. Yes, some critical, but also how dynamic he can be. I don't think he wants to have a true QB battle but be told he will start upon arrival. Just my assumption.