AJ McCarron......

Wol-va-rine got it. It was Garrett Gibert and yes that ended up being his only game ever. The moral of the story: Don't use one game as evidence to prove your point. One game doesn't mean jack sh*t, even if it was the MNC.

But Gilbert played like crap for the most part. That one sh#t data point matched up with the rest of his Texas career. I know what you're saying and I agree but this wasn't the best example.

The one thing you can say about this guy is that he was a vocal leader tonight, and that is huge IMO.

true, his completion % was horrible, but at one point he had thrown two straight TDs to bring Texas back to within 24-21, after that is when it became a waking nightmare with turnovers on his last three drives (2 ints and a fumble) IIRC, up to THAT point it was a "decent" game by a kid who had no idea he would be playing, and he actually made the game competitive for a while, I thought they had no chance when McCoy got hurt...

That's very true. I don't want to see people take this one game, though it was the national championship game, it was just one game, and apply that to his whole career.

To the OP, Jordan Jefferson is a senior QB, and look how he performed.

Karma for being a thug.

That's very true. I don't want to see people take this one game, though it was the national championship game, it was just one game, and apply that to his whole career.

Karma for being a thug.

Watching Jefferson play the whole game made me sick. We question Martinez as a fan base so much but how much is LSU's fans sick tonight with a guy like Jarrett Lee on the sideline never getting a chance, and he was proven. When Jefferson decided to play gangster in august, it was Lee that led the team to what 6 wins or so?

Karma for being a thug.

Watching Jefferson play the whole game made me sick. We question Martinez as a fan base so much but how much is LSU's fans sick tonight with a guy like Jarrett Lee on the sideline never getting a chance, and he was proven. When Jefferson decided to play gangster in august, it was Lee that led the team to what 6 wins or so?

I thought they said he was 9-0 as a starter this year. Obviously the Alabama game shouldn't count since he kinda sucked in that but still. I would have given him a shot starting the 4th quarter. What did they have to lose at that point? He sucks bad at running the option. Slow, doesn't make anyone commit to him...

Wol-va-rine got it. It was Garrett Gibert and yes that ended up being his only game ever. The moral of the story: Don't use one game as evidence to prove your point. One game doesn't mean jack sh*t, even if it was the MNC.

He did come into Lincoln and make NU's defense look human

Never happened. I don't know what you're talking about. :sarcasm

Never happened. I don't know what you're talking about. :sarcasm

What he said.

Why aren't we playing to TM's strengths? Throw occasionally and run the heck out of the ball? Why are we trying to stay 50/50? Even the 'c$%ks' know to clear the zone with receivers and have their QB scramble for 10-20yds when needed. Why doesn't NU? So much talent and possibilities are at hand, yet almost none of it is being realized or utilized. Too bad.

On a brighter note.....booked my hotel room in So. Cal for the UCLA game.........See you there!!!!

What? Since when have we been even close to 50/50?

His receivers certainly helped him out too. Don't forget that. But this so far is the only stellar game he's had. I remember another freshman QB that played well in a MNC...what was his name[?], it was pretty recent...

Good point about the receving. TM is obviously no great passer but he'd look better and we'd have put more points up if we caught the damn ball consistently.

Karma for being a thug.

Lee should've definitely gotten a shot. Don't think those options would've worked anyway but Jefferson was executing them like crap and he only had one noteworthy run on the day. His passing wasn't good either, couldn't hit a damn thing downfield, including that one to Sunseri that should've put LSU back in the game.

I would like pointed out to me what Gilbert did in that game to make our defense look "human" Niles Paul did more for Texas to win that game than Gilbert did.

We had a sophmore QB get mvp in a national championship game in a losing fricking effort once. That was kinda neat. Dont forget, someone listed McCarrons advantages he has but forgot to mention the defense. 9 touchdown's all year? Our '09 D only gave up 14 I think, and we know how great that is.

I think they were talking about a "tough stretch of games" when they gave up 9 TDs instead of all season, Bama has given up 12 TDs this year, still really, really good, but 9 is kind of an unthinkablely insane number...