Star Wars movies. Which trilogy should they be watched...

OHH MY GOD INDIANA JONES 4!

but again just for starwars, how about the end credits, now it's a galaxy wide celebration! Without the original music. and the new people as the ghosts. Including what's his f'ing name as anakin.

I am totally spending the next drunken hour, not only drinking more, but getting around this filter. (and officially slightly less then 2 minutes in... this bout is called, enjoy the actual link in two places, just don't look at the URL bar, pu&&y)

I have yet to find a person that enjoys episodes 1,2,3 or Indiana Jones 4.

So it has to be like or dislike?? Only siths deal in absolutes. ;)

I liked them mostly because they give the back story of the original trilogy...and ep 3 was good regardless.

vGdg9.gif

I don't 100% hate the prequels, simply because it's more Star Wars. It's like eating this fantastic meal, and then you have leftovers the next day. The leftovers aren't as good, obviously, but they remind you of the great meal.

The prequels are deeply flawed, they are an obvious attempt to pander to young children, they are an obvious attempt to wring some more dollars from the franchise, but if I had the choice of the prequels being made as is or never being made, I'd like them to be made.

All the same, I agree with redblooded that the Darth Maul vs. Qui-Gon/Obi Wan was the best five minutes of the prequels, bar none. Maybe the last time I spent more than two seconds watching MTV, back in the 90s, they had cut that scene into a video with Kid Rock's Bawitdaba as the music, and it was pretty cool. I still think of that scene when I hear that song.

I wish, the VHS "classic" trilogy wasn't the last orignal star wars I could buy.

Well there are the Collector's Editions Laser Discs.

...and the second release of the DVDs do have the theatrical cuts as extras. Unfortunately they are not anamorphic and nothing was done to clean them up from the LD masters they were ripped from (rather than the film masters) BUT they are still the best quality copy you can currently find.

There is of course a very active fan community that is working to fix that problem though.

I generall like the CGI "enhancements" to the original trilogy (Death Star, battle scenes, etc.) but also didn't care for the ones that changed the story lines.

Another arguement for watching them in release order is some of the biggest plot twists in the original three are rendered moot by watching the prequels. Really ruins some of the drama (if you didn't know ahead of time).

I generall like the CGI "enhancements" to the original trilogy (Death Star, battle scenes, etc.) but also didn't care for the ones that changed the story lines.

Another arguement for watching them in release order is some of the biggest plot twists in the original three are rendered moot by watching the prequels. Really ruins some of the drama (if you didn't know ahead of time).

My problem with the "enhancements" to the originals is two fold. Firstly they change the story, which, let's be honest wasn't shakespere in the first place. but secondly they add nothing to the actual film. I mean would you have realized "Jaba the hut" put a bounty on "Han Solo" without the additional scenes with Jaba walking around seeming reasonable and greedo shooting at han first in the cantina?

Well for 22 years audiences seemed to get it, even kids. Enter George Lucas, epic moron, killing the wonderful work of whoever he hired as an editor the first time around to hide the boring crap he wished he could put on screen.

Good chance Luca was will release the originals on blu-ray after awhile. Nothing like trying to get just a bit more milk out of the tit...

HA...just saw on TV that they prequel is/will be released again in 3D. THen of course they will have to be released again in bluray 3D. :)

Oh and yes I just replied to myself.

My problem with the "enhancements" to the originals is two fold. Firstly they change the story, which, let's be honest wasn't shakespere in the first place. but secondly they add nothing to the actual film. I mean would you have realized "Jaba the hut" put a bounty on "Han Solo" without the additional scenes with Jaba walking around seeming reasonable and greedo shooting at han first in the cantina?

I mainly liked the space sceens - explosions and dogfight scenes. The CGI Jabba didn't work for me either. A couple of times it filled in a plot hole but other times it changed the story.

If you watched the new movies first, then went back and watched the originals with their outdated special effects, even the remastered versions would look pretty bad. Better to watch them in order of special effects advances.

Those added effects drive me crazy. That and the revisionist history. In the updated episode 4, Greedo shoots first in the Mos Isley Cantina. In the original, Han blasts with Greedo failing to get a shot off.

Han shot first. The change was stupid.

Han shot Greedo in 1977... Greedo was so slow he didn't shoot until 1997

Lucas needs to cut it out. Darth Maul was easily the coolest thing in the prequels. They really should have kept him alive throughout the 3 movies. Replacing him with Count Dooku? What a scary old person. :rolleyes: At least Lucas caved in to the Jar Jar Binks hatred. And the thing that sucked the worst was that the character of Anakin got infinitely more immature and stupid as he got older.

The Timothy Zahn "Thrawn" trilogy (novels) are infinitely better than anything Lucas put out.

Lucas should have edited ONE thing in the first Star Wars: Luke's whiny power converters line. Even as a kid I wanted to hit him in the junk with a baseball bat after he said that.