Personal experience of police wasting tax payers money

How would you have known what else they were there for? Or are you just assuming that they were there to just deal with you? Just admit that you don't know for sure..............

Ok...so best case scenrio for them is they received a call that lied about what happened. Say the person said there was more going on that was illegal or something...I was breaking car windows while streaking. Once they saw nothing at all was going on other than improper parking at least 2 cop cars should have left. Instead they all stayed there while my name was called in...and they talked to my friend...and badgered me w/ irrelevant questions.

and admit I don't know for sure? That's pretty rich coming from you...who jumped in making negative assumptions about me.

update - since I now know you're a cop. Why woudln't they tell my if there was more of a reason for their arrival. I asked if a security guard called it in and he said no a resident did. I would think he'd then say if something more than just parking was mentioned. He may not have to, but why not...if nothing else just to be a normal human being? To serve and protect...not to bully and harrass.

"we got a call that someone parked "illegally" and was doing such and such. Have you seen anything going on...have you been doing anything ohter than just sitting here?"

Why don't you just say "well if the story is how you say...and they only got called for bad parking...there was no need for 4 cop cars to arrive." I mean...you do agree w/ that, right?

I don't care if someone tapes me, I'm taping them and everything I do is already on audio/video. I trust in my abilities to do my job correctly so I have nothing to hide. Those audio/video recordings help officers more than they hurt them. My issue with the videos is people do selective editing to put cops in a bad light, they won't show the entire video to get the entire story.

They should have to provide the entire video unedited for starters. Also, there are times when cops aren't being taped. Like when they are away from their car. I'm glad to see you think the no video taping cops laws that are out there are bad laws though.

I don't care if someone tapes me, I'm taping them and everything I do is already on audio/video. I trust in my abilities to do my job correctly so I have nothing to hide. Those audio/video recordings help officers more than they hurt them. My issue with the videos is people do selective editing to put cops in a bad light, they won't show the entire video to get the entire story.

So video footage controlled by the police that can be used to paint them in a positive light is okay, but footage controlled by the citizen that can be used to paint police in a negative light is not? I wonder how often footage from cruiser dash cameras are actually reviewed without an explicit complaint of unlawful misconduct... I would argue that personal cameras not only prevent and expose unlawful police misconduct, but also help protect people from unprofessional and inappropriate behavior that may go unpunished without public outcry.

I think all cars should come w/ the option of hidden interior cameras that upload to your icloud. :) They don't even have to be hidden I guess...and even put a sticker on your window saying they are on.

Cops should feeel like they are always on camera that the public can see IMO.

So video footage controlled by the police that can be used to paint them in a positive light is okay, but footage controlled by the citizen that can be used to paint police in a negative light is not? I wonder how often footage from cruiser dash cameras are actually reviewed without an explicit complaint of unlawful misconduct... I would argue that personal cameras not only prevent and expose unlawful police misconduct, but also help protect people from unprofessional and inappropriate behavior that may go unpunished without public outcry.

I am a supervisor at the department I work for, I am required to review ALL my officers videos as their supervisor to not only see anything "wrong" they may be doing, but to also make sure they are doing their job safely and professionally. I can tell you that not one complaint has been founded against any officer from my department because EVERY citizen that has filed a complaint, albeit not many, have lied in their complaint. They are shown the video and they have nothing to say. Cool thing is, our county attorney's office then files charges on them for false reporting. There are a ton of false complaints made against police. I also completely disagree with you trying to say that police edit videos to make themselves look positive. We release videos in their complete format, no tricks here and nothing to hide. The issue is people don't like the police until they need them so they constantly try and say we are dirty.

Being overstaffed was one possible conclusion I gave. The other was they shouldn't have all been there and had better things to be doing on the taxpayers dime.

Fair enough, but quit with the tired standby of "taxpayer" bullcrap, I'm a taxpayer as well so by that standard I pay my own salary, pretty crappy one at that when you consider what we put up with.

Ok...so best case scenrio for them is they received a call that lied about what happened. Say the person said there was more going on that was illegal or something...I was breaking car windows while streaking. Once they saw nothing at all was going on other than improper parking at least 2 cop cars should have left. Instead they all stayed there while my name was called in...and they talked to my friend...and badgered me w/ irrelevant questions.

and admit I don't know for sure? That's pretty rich coming from you...who jumped in making negative assumptions about me.

update - since I now know you're a cop. Why woudln't they tell my if there was more of a reason for their arrival. I asked if a security guard called it in and he said no a resident did. I would think he'd then say if something more than just parking was mentioned. He may not have to, but why not...if nothing else just to be a normal human being? To serve and protect...not to bully and harrass.

"we got a call that someone parked "illegally" and was doing such and such. Have you seen anything going on...have you been doing anything ohter than just sitting here?"

Why don't you just say "well if the story is how you say...and they only got called for bad parking...there was no need for 4 cop cars to arrive." I mean...you do agree w/ that, right?

1. You think the questions were irrelevant, maybe they were very relevant you just don't know how the call came out to the officers. Assumptions are exactly that and they are usually incorrect.

2. Yes to serve and protect, NOT to kiss a$$ and be a "servent." We usually don't say much about who called or how it was called in because it usually creates larger problems with the caller. Alot of times people have a pretty good idea who called on them.

3. Yes, I agree that if the call came out as an illegal parking situation that 4 cops didn't need to arrive and their supervisor needs to be a stop to that crap.

They should have to provide the entire video unedited for starters. Also, there are times when cops aren't being taped. Like when they are away from their car. I'm glad to see you think the no video taping cops laws that are out there are bad laws though.

Supreme court doesn't support cops who complain about being taped from what I understand. Also, their is a huge movement to have officers wear body cameras for the calls where they are inside a home or apartment. In fact my department has just gotten these cameras because we as officers support this movement. It protects us from all the false allegations made against us and believe me...........there are ALOT of them. Also, the microphones that we carry on our belts usually get the audio of all the calls we are on.

I think all cars should come w/ the option of hidden interior cameras that upload to your icloud. :) They don't even have to be hidden I guess...and even put a sticker on your window saying they are on.

Cops should feeel like they are always on camera that the public can see IMO.

The best thing I can tell rookie officers is..............don't be a dumba$$, realize that in today's technological world you are ALWAYS being watched, and treat people with respect. You weren't born with that badge so don't act like you were. I always treat people with respect unless they want to be disrespectful. Then we can go that route, but they won't like that road. Do I command respect? Yes, I do, but you will get it back 10 fold from me as an officer.

I can tell you that not one complaint has been founded against any officer from my department because EVERY citizen that has filed a complaint, albeit not many, have lied in their complaint. They are shown the video and they have nothing to say. Cool thing is, our county attorney's office then files charges on them for false reporting. There are a ton of false complaints made against police.

That's an easy case.

I have seen a few legitimate complaints . . . backed up on cruiser cams no less. I've definitely seen more false claims than legitimate claims.

I can tell you that not one complaint has been founded against any officer from my department because EVERY citizen that has filed a complaint, albeit not many, have lied in their complaint. They are shown the video and they have nothing to say. Cool thing is, our county attorney's office then files charges on them for false reporting. There are a ton of false complaints made against police.

That's an easy case.

I have seen a few legitimate complaints . . . backed up on cruiser cams no less. I've definitely seen more false claims than legitimate claims.

Oh and I'm not saying there aren't bad officers out there that give the rest of us bad names, but it's an unfair tag to put on all of us. I take my job very seriously and want people to understand that 98% of us are out there doing our jobs.

All I know is the police in Kearney, NE have waaaaaay too much time on their hands. I visit a friend there from time to time, and pretty much every time we get harassed by the cops while walking home from the bar. I've never really had many problems with the police anywhere else in the country, and I've lived on both coasts and several places in betweeen.

All I know is the police in Kearney, NE have waaaaaay too much time on their hands. I visit a friend there from time to time, and pretty much every time we get harassed by the cops while walking home from the bar. I've never really had many problems with the police anywhere else in the country, and I've lived on both coasts and several places in betweeen.

The police in Kearney do an outstanding job. I've lived in a few places myself. Don't have near the problems of GI & Lex.

edit..double

When "people do selective editing to put cops in a bad light", police video should be able to correct the situation.

All too often major city police departments go after people who are taping their actions.

Oh and I'm not saying there aren't bad officers out there that give the rest of us bad names, but it's an unfair tag to put on all of us. I take my job very seriously and want people to understand that 98% of us are out there doing our jobs.

No doubt you do, but 2% is alot of bad apples. And they are armed and have the authority that their badge gives them.

No doubt you do, but 2% is alot of bad apples. And they are armed and have the authority that their badge gives them.

Judging from your avatar I'm assuming you're a military man? More than 2% of the military are bad eggs..............this coming from a former Air Force guy. Doesn't mean that the military guys and gals don't get my respect they get a ton from me. Just another view for comparison purposes.

Judging from your avatar I'm assuming you're a military man? More than 2% of the military are bad eggs..............this coming from a former Air Force guy. Doesn't mean that the military guys and gals don't get my respect they get a ton from me. Just another view for comparison purposes.

That can be said of the entire population.

Those that have more authority and are heavily armed should have more oversight, and that includes public oversight.

Lastly, I was not in the military... but I do help build the weapons.