Would any Huskers since 2000 make the All-century team?

NUance

I think Henry would be the only one. Suh was fantastic, but as a team we never accomplished much with him here, and alas he never played on a team with the surrounding characters Peter or Glover did.

Very close, but I can not say he is better than the other two. I have never seen anyone compare with Glover in college, a meaner, faster Ray Lewis or Butkis. Truly amazing to watch.

I'm not old enough to have seen Glover play, but I would find it hard to believe that there was ever a better DT play here than Suh. I do think Henery would make the list though.

Others that you could argue: Lavonte, Barrett Ruud, Josh Bullocks, and Alfonzo Dennard. Once again, I am not old enough to remember most of those guys on the all-century team, but these guys were all super talented and made a big impact on the team when they played here.

I don't know. I remember many of the boys who are on the team listed by the op. While Dennard/David are good athletes and pretty good football players, these guys were beasts. Suh and Henery are the only two that I could see being a part of that list. When you played against those players you knew you had played Nebraska football. So much power! Remember that hit that Stafford put on someone at the beginning of the year? It was like that all the time when guys like Peters and Wistrom played. Exciting football. Power football at its best.

I don't know. I remember many of the boys who are on the team listed by the op. While Dennard/David are good athletes and pretty good football players, these guys were beasts. Suh and Henery are the only two that I could see being a part of that list. When you played against those players you knew you had played Nebraska football. So much power! Remember that hit that Stoddard put on someone at the beginning of the year? It was like that all the time when guys like Peters and Wistrom played. Exciting football. Power football at its best.

You mean stafford... really thought the season was going to be full of hits like that from him. Next year.

I don't know. I remember many of the boys who are on the team listed by the op. While Dennard/David are good athletes and pretty good football players, these guys were beasts. Suh and Henery are the only two that I could see being a part of that list. When you played against those players you knew you had played Nebraska football. So much power! Remember that hit that Stafford put on someone at the beginning of the year? It was like that all the time when guys like Peters and Wistrom played. Exciting football. Power football at its best.

You mean stafford... really thought the season was going to be full of hits like that from him. Next year.

Fixed it-Thanks! (I hate it when I can't remember names! Old fart brain of mine! ;))

Suh is a great player, but made plays because he was the only player really of his level on the team. The team that Glover played on was full of great defensive players. Glover played against far more top ranked teams and literally destroyed them every game, for nearly three years. Suh came on in his last year, in an era when the Big 12 was not considered a defensive giant.

Glover on the other hand beat the #2, 3 5, and 9 nationally ranked teams. He was a monster, far more so than Suh, and did far longer than Suh did. I love Suh and he is the only one that I consider even remotely being able to match up with the players selected. Henry should be considered for sure.

Tom Brahaney was the top pro prospect I think in 71. Went on to a stellar pro career, considered one of the best offensive linemen of all time at the time. If I remember correctly he spent the last quarter of the game setting on the bench, totally exhausted, beaten and mauled by a guy he out weighed by a good 40 pounds. I have never seen a player that compared to Rich Glover while at Nebraska. Not much of a pro at the Giants, but was not allowed to play his game in the pros. If I had to put Suh in there it would be Peter pulled. I should change that but I won't.

Suh is a great player, but made plays because he was the only player really of his level on the team. The team that Glover played on was full of great defensive players. Glover played against far more top ranked teams and literally destroyed them every game, for nearly three years. Suh came on in his last year, in an era when the Big 12 was not considered a defensive giant.

Glover on the other hand beat the #2, 3 5, and 9 nationally ranked teams. He was a monster, far more so than Suh, and did far longer than Suh did. I love Suh and he is the only one that I consider even remotely being able to match up with the players selected. Henry should be considered for sure.

Tom Brahaney was the top pro prospect I think in 71. Went on to a stellar pro career, considered one of the best offensive linemen of all time at the time. If I remember correctly he spent the last quarter of the game setting on the bench, totally exhausted, beaten and mauled by a guy he out weighed by a good 40 pounds. I have never seen a player that compared to Rich Glover while at Nebraska. Not much of a pro at the Giants, but was not allowed to play his game in the pros. If I had to put Suh in there it would be Peter pulled. I should change that but I won't.

Come-on kinda pushing the envelope on this aren't you. They are both great players in there respective generation. You can't compare one to the other.

just think if the other players could of help Glover win those game, maybe we could of won a NC.

He won two NC while at Nebraska, won both the Outland and Lombardi trophy in 72 and finished 3rd in the Hypsman race.

6-2 and 235 pounds of the meanest nastiest player on the field.

All American 1st team for two years.

Your right you can not compare the two. Peter would be the one to go if Suh went in I think

He won two NC while at Nebraska, won both the Outland and Lombardi trophy in 72 and finished 3rd in the Hypsman race.

6-2 and 235 pounds of the meanest nastiest player on the field.

All American 1st team for two years.

Your right you can not compare the two. Peter would be the one to go if Suh went in I think

Your right Glover was a beast in the 70's but he alone didn't win the NC's, he had quite a few great players around him that helped win those NC's.