Alabama fan teabagged a passed out LSU fan

Apathy

It's too bad we don't have caning in the U.S. like Singapore--where they'd wack him a few times with a bamboo rod. This is the type of thing that deserves a few welts on the butt, and public humiliation. Not incarceration.

Wow! First time reading this read and I'm shocked at some of the comments here considering some of the comments I've seen in other threads when it comes to the likes of a Christian Peter for one example. I wonder if this passed-out person had been female, if some posting in this thread would think of it differently. "Common Prank"? Hope your daughter never ends up passed out drunk. If she did she'd be at fault for her actions, but I don't think this common prank would be an equal reaction to her faulty behavior.

Wow! First time reading this read and I'm shocked at some of the comments here considering some of the comments I've seen in other threads when it comes to the likes of a Christian Peter for one example. I wonder if this passed-out person had been female, if some posting in this thread would think of it differently. "Common Prank"? Hope your daughter never ends up passed out drunk. If she did she'd be at fault for her actions, but I don't think this common prank would be an equal reaction to her faulty behavior.

Last I heard, men treat other men differently than they treat women. I'm not saying what this jackass did was entirely blameless. But it would have been a LOT worse if that had been a passed out girl. This is just the way society is. Isn't it?

I don't entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough.

Last I heard, men treat other men differently than they treat women. I'm not saying what this jackass did was entirely blameless. But it would have been a LOT worse if that had been a passed out girl. This is just the way society is. Isn't it?

Exactly.

Apples and Oranges.

Exactly.

Apples and Oranges.

I appreciate the feeback, but disagree. I'm a logic guy. If rubbing your genitals on a woman's face without her consent is considered sexual assualt (legally or otherwise), it should be if you do it to a male too. Just like a woman shouldn't be allowed to physically assault a male, just because old-time thinking would argue that scenario isn't possible (Women are a lot more badass these days). If you want to have a some type of agreement among friends that this is acceptable behavior, then so be it. I don't believe I've ever been part of a group of friends (acquaintences?) where one of us doing this to another would've been considered an acceptable prank.

Exactly.

Apples and Oranges.

I appreciate the feeback, but disagree. I'm a logic guy. If rubbing your genitals on a woman's face without her consent is considered sexual assualt (legally or otherwise), it should be if you do it to a male too. Just like a woman shouldn't be allowed to physically assault a male, just because old-time thinking would argue that scenario isn't possible (Women are a lot more badass these days). If you want to have a some type of agreement among friends that this is acceptable behavior, then so be it. I don't believe I've ever been part of a group of friends (acquaintences?) where one of us doing this to another would've been considered an acceptable prank.

Yeah but, this probably wouldn't have happened if it was a woman. So now where are we?

EDIT: also, I don't remember anyone defending the guy (that's what we call a strawman argument, since you're into the logic thing), and I wouldn't consider it an "acceptable" prank. The fact that it's not acceptable is the whole point of the prank.

Exactly.

Apples and Oranges.

Yeah but, this probably wouldn't have happened if it was a woman. So now where are we?

Yeah I don't think her face would be where the guy would put his genitals.

• Fire 1

Again, hskrpwr13, there's a different standard for the acceptable way that men treat men as compared to how they treat women. When I play basketball and I'm guarding some guy I can get away with laying my hand on his chest to hand-check the guy while I'm looking other way watching the ball. The refs let me get away with this. Society is okay with it. But if I did that to a girl it would be a different story. She would probably slap me in the face. And I'd end up in a fight with her boyfriend. And it's not just physical contact either. You can't talk to women the same as you can guys. Do you treat women in exactly the same manner as you treat men?

Exactly.

Apples and Oranges.

EDIT: also, I don't remember anyone defending the guy (that's what we call a strawman argument, since you're into the logic thing), and I wouldn't consider it an "acceptable" prank. The fact that it's not acceptable is the whole point of the prank.

:yeah

Exactly.

Apples and Oranges.

No worries. I guess we differ on the definition of "prank". To me, a prank is a joke, not criminal behavior. You called it a "common" prank. I've heard of it, and assume its used in a minority of hazings. But no, I dont think its common for guys to tea-bag each other. If I'm out of the loop on this phenomenon, I'll gladly remain so. :)

For those asking if I treat women differently: I guess the situations youre referring to would be bar type situations. I don't flirt with men, so I guess that would be different. However, I would never try to sexually assault either sex. And If a woman ever started a fist fight with me, said gal will get clocked just as if she were male. Laws should and do apply to each sex equally. How we each internalize the actions is where we differ I guess.

No worries. I guess we differ on the definition of "prank". To me, a prank is a joke, not criminal behavior. You called it a "common" prank. I've heard of it, and assume its used in a minority of hazings. But no, I dont think its common for guys to tea-bag each other. If I'm out of the loop on this phenomenon, I'll gladly remain so. :)

Yeah I'd define a prank as a mischievous trick played on someone, typically causing the victim to experience embarrassment, indignity, or discomfort. I don't think the legal status is really relevant. Hell, one time I stole my buddy's '68 Coronet and parked it on the opposite side of the school as a prank. Wasn't technically legal, but it was still a prank.

I suppose it's difficult to quantify "fairly common". But it's common enough to have earned a clever nickname, and virtually everyone has heard of the occurrence, and it's nickname. To be able to achieve that kind of notoriety, It's probably fairly common.

In any case, I still think prison time would be a little harsh. Even if the victim was a woman (although I doubt this would have happened if it were a woman passed out there, where's the irony in that?)*

*Any of you think it's hysterical you're reading a debate about teabagging? I know I'm having fun.