How Trusted is Fox News?

Unfortunately most Americans have been brainwashed by our media to believe that only social issues are the litmus test between left and right, liberal and conservative. Finance and foreign policy are ignored as key issues, since both major parties are pretty similar on them.

FOX leans heavy to the right. MSNBC leans heavy to the left.

Other than social issues, how does MSNBC "leans heavy to the left"?

And no, felating a conservative Obama is not bing liberal.

Every other outlet leans to the left but now as heavy as MSNBC. So what Republicans trust (FOX) vs what Democrats trust(everything else) is obvious. Of course we all knew this already. Why is this even newsworthy? In related news the sky is blue and water is wet.

Other than on social issues, which other network leans left?

Agree completely. It's NOT news. What WOULD be news is if someone started a thread about the overwhelming left-leaning bias of mainstream media. I recall a survey (where journalists self-described) that indicated 82% leaned left way back when Dan Rather believed himself relevant. Actually goes back to "America's anchorman" Walter Chronkite. It is what it is.

That's probably because you are right wing on financial policy and foreign policy, and do not realize that there is a whole other side to these issues since the media rarely if ever brings up the Alternative.

Regardless of how the news is reported, it is incumbent on the consumer to discern fact from fiction. Every news source is a human, and the prose used to describe facts will always be biased, no matter the source.

Critical thinking is required to determine what is "true" from the facts as given. And often that truth is as elusive as smoke on the wind. So I worry less about which news source is more/less biased than I worry about my own inherent biases. I try to glean news from a variety of sources and boil them down to their essential facts before trying to determine how I feel about them. It's not always easy and I'm not always successful. But it's the best way to take news in.

Democrats trust sources that have a liberal bias.

Republicans trust sources that have a conservative bias.

Perhaps that is because the liberally biased sourced have been shown to be more factual.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled drive-by posts.

In short, extreme conservatives expect affirmation, not information, from their news source. Any 'news' source that doesn't provide said affirmation is thus branded as 'liberal'.

The same thing goes for MSNBC, though if ratings are any gauge, there appears to be fewer emotionally needy people on the left than the right.

• Fire 2

Perhaps that is because the liberally biased sourced have been shown to be more factual.

Reference?

Unfortunately most Americans have been brainwashed by our media to believe that only social issues are the litmus test between left and right, liberal and conservative. Finance and foreign policy are ignored as key issues, since both major parties are pretty similar on them.

Maybe I'm not sure what you're including in "Finance" because there seems to be a lot of difference in where the sides think the money should come from. What are you referencing under "Finance"?

So ...

Democrats trust sources that have a liberal bias.

Republicans trust sources that have a conservative bias.

This news brought to you by the democratically-affiliated polling service.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled programming ...

My point was about epistemic closure.

If that was your point, then I agree with you. Both sides favor hearing bias closer to their own beliefs.

I wasn't trying to argue with you anyway, just not surprised by this "finding".

I agree and do listen to differing viewpoints. However, your point about following "mainstream views" is rendered impotent if the recent poll showing roughly 40% of Americans identifying as conservative, 30% moderate, and 22% liberal is accurate................then why is "mainstream media" out of step with "mainstream views" ?

I would venture to wager that a good chunk of those that identify themselves as "moderate" would be more likely to lean to the "liberal" side of things.

Reference?

It's proven over and over on a daily basis.

Pick a day and pick a right wing news/opinion show. We'll compare the factuality of both shows.

Maybe I'm not sure what you're including in "Finance" because there seems to be a lot of difference in where the sides think the money should come from. What are you referencing under "Finance"?

Trends in tax policy and sSpending policy.

Trends in tax policy and sSpending policy.

So you don't think there is a noticeable difference on tax and spending policies?

So you don't think there is a noticeable difference on tax and spending policies?

Between most Democrats and most Republicans... no.

Both parties are for cutting taxes for the wealthy, and both parties favor austerity for the masses.

The Democrat rhetoric says different, but not the way they govern.

It's hard to not sit back and laugh, and probably not in a good way, and the impossibly bizarre love triangle between the Republican party, Fox news, the religious right. I hope that by 2016 Fox simply buys the rights outright to the nomination processes for the Republican party and makes it into a series of reality shows like America's Next President, and Who Wants to be a Congressman? Very serious news channel indeed.

It's hard to not sit back and laugh, and probably not in a good way, and the impossibly bizarre love triangle between the Republican party, Fox news, the religious right. I hope that by 2016 Fox simply buys the rights outright to the nomination processes for the Republican party and makes it into a series of reality shows like America's Next President, and Who Wants to be a Congressman? Very serious news channel indeed.

CNN won't like that, they had aired a few of the Republican Survivor episodes this nomination cycle.