If NU Football 202 was on-line would you “attend”?

NUance

If NU Football 202 was on-line would you “attend”?   

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If NU's Football 202 class was offered in an on-line format would you “attend”? I think everyone here knows what the FB 202 class is all about. In case not here's an OWH article by Sam about last year's Football 202 class. LINK1 Here's the huskers.com article with the sign-up link from last year. LINK2

I don't think I could take a couple days off work and go in person. But I'd pay $150 to do an on-line class. I think a lot of people would. Especially those spread through the U.S., living hundreds of miles away.

Where is this online idea coming from? Has this been proposed, and if so, in what format would it be presented?

This is just me, NUance, asking a question. Nothing official. I'm going to ask the University if they'd consider offering this on-line for an audience wider than the local Nebraska folks. I was just curious whether others would be interested as well.

Seems like an unlikely thing to be able to pull off online, if it's anything like Football 101.

I dunno. I don't think it would be that difficult. If UNL was interested in doing this--I have no idea whether they are--they could subcontract out most of the services they'd need to pipe it into the interwebs. That is, if they could get a thousand or so people interested in taking the course--enough to make it worthwhile.

It just seems like so much of what they do is hands-on. There's some lecture, but at least half the day is spent in "classes" physically doing things. You could watch that, but I wouldn't want to pay to watch that. The most fun is interacting with the coaches - Sanders, in particular was pretty fun.

I voted for the $50 option, and even that was a bit of a stretch. Based on the linked article the event seems mostly like a glorified pep rally/program orientation. There's definitely more value in the live atmosphere. Live, I might be willing to pay half of what's currently charged. At the end of the article, McKewon sums up my biggest turn-off in paying full price for the live event, and significantly lowers what I'd pay for online:

"But the stuff I think fans really want to know — sets, schemes, run/pass ratio — remains under wraps until Sept. 3. Football 202 didn't answer those questions."

It just seems like so much of what they do is hands-on. There's some lecture, but at least half the day is spent in "classes" physically doing things. You could watch that, but I wouldn't want to pay to watch that. The most fun is interacting with the coaches - Sanders, in particular was pretty fun.

Yeah, good point. I wondered about that. Maybe this thing just doesn't lend itself to anything but a live performance. I'll bet this topic has been discussed many times by the folks that put on FB 202.