OK, i just have to see where all of you are on this.

We just got that Whitaker kid to commit...yay, good for him, whatever. I know there are alot of star gazers on here and what not, but not me. This kid was offered by NO ONE....I don't know how good the kid is, but when I go over to the rivals site and look at commits, I look at who the hell offered him, not how many stars he is...

Anyone else noticed that the kind of kids we are recruiting are the ones that aren't offered by big time programs? I mean alot of people are quick to say Oregon is a flash in the pan blah blah blah, but even Oregon didn't offer this guy. Fresno State who went 4-9, and Nevada who went 7-6 were the two next best offers.

Its not about Stars, or about measure-ables....Its about who else is offering the guy, to me that is what makes a recruit good or valuable, etc...

You're right, nobody wants Peat, Westerkamp, Seisay, Armstrong, Rose, Fullrr, Valentine, Curry, Cross, Bourque, Moore, etc.... Yeah, nobody wants them.

Whoa, I'm talking about commits man, and westerkamp doesn't have the greatest offers either.

Just chill a little bit dude, I didn't mean anything negative by my comment...just wondering what everyone else thought. However its ok, I forgive you for over reacting to my comment. ;)

You're right, nobody wants Peat, Westerkamp, Seisay, Armstrong, Rose, Fullrr, Valentine, Curry, Cross, Bourque, Moore, etc.... Yeah, nobody wants them.

Whoa, I'm talking about commits man, and westerkamp doesn't have the greatest offers either.

Just chill a little bit dude, I didn't mean anything negative by my comment...just wondering what everyone else thought. However its ok, I forgive you for over reacting to my comment. ;)

Didnt mean to be confrontational, I understand your concern. In your OP you said " guys we were recruiting"...

Didnt mean to be confrontational, I understand your concern. In your OP you said " guys we were recruiting"...

You are right, I went back and re-read what I said after I replied. I definitely meant commits, not prospects. My fault.

This kid was just under the radar. Unknown. The kids who become well known are the kids who go to the camps, have coaches who campaign for them, etc. Florida came into the picture this week and so did us and Oregon. All schools said they loved what they saw and they would have offered earlier had they known about him. So that was the issue right there.

We just got that Whitaker kid to commit...yay, good for him, whatever. I know there are alot of star gazers on here and what not, but not me. This kid was offered by NO ONE....I don't know how good the kid is, but when I go over to the rivals site and look at commits, I look at who the hell offered him, not how many stars he is...

Anyone else noticed that the kind of kids we are recruiting are the ones that aren't offered by big time programs? I mean alot of people are quick to say Oregon is a flash in the pan blah blah blah, but even Oregon didn't offer this guy. Fresno State who went 4-9, and Nevada who went 7-6 were the two next best offers.

Its not about Stars, or about measure-ables....Its about who else is offering the guy, to me that is what makes a recruit good or valuable, etc...

msE.gif

Anybody else remember when we all thought we wanted Cody Farjno???????????? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speed, I am upset that I wasn't honored enough to be put in the dick clique. hahahaha

I dont know man, you are kind of a dick so I might have to include you. But first it must be passed by the head D of them all, PaulCrewe.

I've seen film of Whitaker and the kid is a mauler. He may be going up against lesser competition though because I'm not real familiar with the high school classification in California. One thing I do know is that this kid is tremendously agile and gets to the 2nd level very quickly. And as for the film I saw, I thought he worked at IHOP because he was serving up pancakes on every snap.