I have a question

chuckd

I don't want BC to leave or get fired. I still want to give him at least several years in the system first. I think to he is headed in the right direction. He need to learn the college system and Nebraska and what its all about. If I had to pick a new coach it would be Lee Corso since he knows everything!!! Just kidding. :lol:

I would pick Urban or Monte Kiffen with Keven Steele on board to. A defensive minded coach would be great. Defence wins champions. B)

Even though I firmly believe that billy c will never bring NU back to the elite, I dont know how productive firing him now would be. After pud hacked the whole firing FS/hiring process, nobody in their right mind would want that job (thanks Pud :wacko: ) Honestly, he never should have been offered the job to begin with. We were promised a "WOW" head coach, and we got a guy who just got fired for going 4-12 :bang

As far as who I would rather have seen as a coach, Mike Stoops, Chow, Kiffin (even though he is old), Meyer, Spurrier, Weis, Price, Shula, Franchionne (sp?) even Pelini or Gill (long shots) would have been better. There are a ton of great coaches out there, both proven HCs and up-and-coming assistants. In my honest opinion, this is the worst HC/staff in the Big 12 (one of the worst in the nation), the previous staff was a much, much better coaching staff.

I agree that the previous staff was great. If we had them back and had the recruiting we have now, we would be AWESOME!

In my honest opinion, this is the worst HC/staff in the Big 12 (one of the worst in the nation), the previous staff was a much, much better coaching staff.

If this staff is that bad, how do we win any games???? We must have the best players in the nation that can win despite having one of the WORST COACHING STAFFS IN THE COUNTRY :wtf

I will agree that they haven't proven that they are one of the best, but to call them one of the worst is a little extreme IMO.

Franchionne (sp?) In my honest opinion, this is the worst HC/staff in the Big 12 (one of the worst in the nation).

Just have to ask. What has this guy and his staff done to prove they are any better then Billy C. and his boys? Is it their wonderful record the first year? Or their improvement in year two? Or is it their fall backwards in year three? With a blowout lose to ISU and barely scrapping by a D1AA team? I'm sure if you look at the stats their defense is nowhere near ours. Their offense is up and down. Sounds fimiliar huh? Yet you would take this guy over what we have now. That makes since. :wacko:

Franchionne (sp?)  In my honest opinion, this is the worst HC/staff in the Big 12 (one of the worst in the nation).

Just have to ask. What has this guy and his staff done to prove they are any better then Billy C. and his boys? Is it their wonderful record the first year? Or their improvement in year two? Or is it their fall backwards in year three? With a blowout lose to ISU and barely scrapping by a D1AA team? I'm sure if you look at the stats their defense is nowhere near ours. Their offense is up and down. Sounds fimiliar huh? Yet you would take this guy over what we have now. That makes since. :wacko:

He built TCU into a winner. Thats better than anything on billy c's resume.'

In my honest opinion, this is the worst HC/staff in the Big 12 (one of the worst in the nation), the previous staff was a much, much better coaching staff.

If this staff is that bad, how do we win any games???? We must have the best players in the nation that can win despite having one of the WORST COACHING STAFFS IN THE COUNTRY :wtf

The team won 10 games the year before billy c and co arrived in Lincoln, so they couldnt have been THAT bad. Or was the previous staff that much better??????

They won ten games agains who. One team that may have been good, but only later in the season.

Explain the losses Former. Who were they and what were the scores?

10 means squat and I do not count Mechicken state a power.

Like I said I do not know if this staff is the answer. But firing them with in the next 3 years will destroy this program forever.

I think we should steal Butch Davis away from the NFL, he was one of the miami coaches that turned miami into one of the modern elite programs, then they hired coker and things went to hell.... but thats besides the point. I like the way Davis coached at miami, he could do great things for NU

:yeah

I think there is another thread that kind of talks about a different coach. In that thread, I expressed if we could do it all over again I wish Pud would have given FS another year. If he had to go he had to go, but Butch Davis would have been available. He took a team decimated from probation and made them where they are today. Coker simply reaped the rewards of Davis's efforts. Not only that, Davis believed in the power running game and the passing game. He was also a hell of a recruiter. He was my number 1 choice all along.

Franchionne (sp?)  In my honest opinion, this is the worst HC/staff in the Big 12 (one of the worst in the nation).

:yeah

Wasn't A&M's QB McNeal a on the preseason Heisman watch? I thought Franchione was a good hire when A&M hired him, but he really hasn't done much. I guess it serves him right for bolting from the Alabama job when things with the NCAA got a little more heated. I'd compare A&M to NU. I didn't agree with Slocum's firing, and I didn't agree with Solich's. Maybe we're both reaping what we sowed.

If i had to go with someone else, it would be norm Chow.

Well we should be in good shape then because Callahan is essentially running what Chow installed at USC, right? :woo

Disclaimer: The above statment was meant to be humorous in light of the debates we've had concerning my experience with watching Norm Chow's offenses vs. Bill Callahan's offenses. It should not be construed as a desire to re-open the debate of BC's WCO vs Norm Chow's offense.