Very Encouraging Class

Paul Crewe...........I AM SICK to death of hearing the small class excuse...............it has been known that NU would take 19-21 for weeks...........that is not a small class................Pelini couldn't get that many to come.

No way!!!!!! I am glad you finally just decided to visit this forum. I mean if you had stuck your head in here anytime in the last year you would have known that the class was expected to be in the 14-17 range. But I digress cause you probably really did know that.

It wasn't until the last two weeks that it became a possibility to push 20 kids. But I am sure you knew that as well.

Melscott, don't you think that the film posted was maybe the best film of his high school career? If he is such a prize, why do the guys that study all film for a living barely give him a 2 star? The Frazier kid that is commited as a walkon has 3 stars.

Fonzie Dennard was a three-star recruit, sport. Would you like to have two Fonzie Dennards patrolling your defensive backfield? I know I would.

Give your little personal meltdown a rest. It's a tired act.

I did..............Frank never had a class this bad............Frank never gave scholly's to coaches kids that didn't deserve them.........I was all for Frank being fired...........but Frank played in 2 BCS games and a National Title game..............Frank got fired for piss poor recruiting classes..............Pelini can't even sniff Frank's record, why are you sticking up for Pelini? Frank was waaaaaay more a Nebraska guy than Pelini has ever thought of being. Don't give me this who will we get if Pelini is fired stuff either, i'm sure there is somebody out there more qualified to be the head coach at NU and make 3 million a year than Pelini.

• Fire 1

decent class. I'm w/ you mark - B. I'm less concerned with our class than I am with Michigan/Ohio States. We need to close that gap, if we don't we'll have some issues. It's pretty large right now.

This is what Pelini is working with: #30, #28, #22, #15, #24.

This is what Meyer is working with: #4, #3, #25, #11, #4

we aren't going to be signing top 10 classes, but we need to be more on par w/ last years class. If a few of these guys don't qualify we end up in a smiliar boat as USC, with scholarship reductions...only ours is self-inflicted. How many scholly's we have left going into spring?

If oversigning is such a huge advantage...how big of a disadvantage must undersigning be?

I read the above...now re-read the above, but instead of tOSU or Michigan, insert Texas or Oklahoma, and Urban Meyer with Mack Brown. Plus, remember that Urban was headed quickly towards mediocrity when his 'medical issues' came up.

And yes, I put 'medical issues' in quotes--if he truly had medical issues, then he wouldn't be coaching at tOSU.

Yeah, not too terribly worried.

Paul Crewe...........I AM SICK to death of hearing the small class excuse...............it has been known that NU would take 19-21 for weeks...........that is not a small class................Pelini couldn't get that many to come.

It's been 17ish for some time now--don't know where you were getting your info.

Plus, we do need to hold out scholarships for a couple of the walk-ons who have proved themselves...and giving a scholarship to a proven commodity sure beats giving one out to a five star with 'potential' in my book. A bird in the hand and all...

I did..............Frank never had a class this bad............Frank never gave scholly's to coaches kids that didn't deserve them.........I was all for Frank being fired...........but Frank played in 2 BCS games and a National Title game..............Frank got fired for piss poor recruiting classes..............Pelini can't even sniff Frank's record, why are you sticking up for Pelini? Frank was waaaaaay more a Nebraska guy than Pelini has ever thought of being. Don't give me this who will we get if Pelini is fired stuff either, i'm sure there is somebody out there more qualified to be the head coach at NU and make 3 million a year than Pelini.

you are making this s%*@ up as you go arent you?

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=665&sspid=-1&yr=2002

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=665&sspid=-1&yr=2003

knapplc..........give your tired little Pelini is god speel a rest...........Today actually proved something, whether you accept it or not........The state of Nebraska's football program is reality right now, Pelini is a HUGE blackeye for our program! Name ONE division 1 program that would have Barney Cotton as their OL coach. Just one.

The only thing today proved is that there is a group of "fans" who will self-flagellate at the drop of a dime.

i do expect us to close the gap. if we don't we're in for a lot of frustration in the coming years. we never had to compete directly with Oklahoma/Texas. Our road to the championship game in the Big12 wasn't exactly difficult. We went into nearly every game in the north race with the best tallent on the field. and will still didn't reach the title game for a number of years. we get Michigan every year now. we have to be closer from a tallent perspective than we are currently. Meyer will outcoach Pelini. Mattison will outcoach Beck. tallent will be what we have to rely on. right now we don't have it. undersigning is not the way to get it.

we nearly beat both texas and ou for the league title in the last few years, beat osu this year and looked as talented as michigan (if not for a mind boggling run of errors). talent is important, but you don't need to have top 5 classes every year to be a top team. you need to fill your needs, find a few difference makers and have good coaching. we will face talented teams with good coaches. luckily, we will also field a talented team led by good coaches. we've done a pretty damn good job of filling needs and roster holes the last few years in recruiting and i think we'll see the results. the only positions i feel short at are TE (let's pray sam is as good as his brother) and maybe S. (i'd consider adding CB to the list if jackson doesn't make it, but i think he will.)