Class 2009 vs. Class 2012

OP, we will find out in 3-5 years.

I agree we will be able to better debate in 3-4 years BUT in that 2009 class, 3 of the projected best 5 never really amounted to much (Cody Green, Chris Williams and Dijon Washington). Rex and Ankrah the other two higher ranked that have contributed more. T-Mart and Gomes obviously stand out in that class with about 7-8 others that will be multi year letter winners/starters.

I think the last three classes (2010-2012) will end up more productive than the 2009 class.

Even without Bubba I like the 2011 class best out of all of Bo's classes.

Seems like the 2009 class was a lot of feast or famine. Who knows where we'd be without Rex and several other have been big contributors (Martinez, Randle, Sirles, Gomes and Kinnie with Ankrah, Martin and Green coming on late). However, there were quite a few that didn't do anything (I count 10 out of 20 that probably won't make much - if any - on-field contributions and it could be 11 if Pensick doen't get the nod at C).

Out of every class a 50% contribution rate is very good. So this year we signed 14, we will have done very very well if we get 8 or 9 to become every game contributors.

From 2010-2012 we have made a huge jump in overall class quality from 2008 and 2009.

Like I said, forget some of the negitive things that you hear from other people, we have the right people in the right spots. Kaz is a huge addition to our staff's ability to recruit.

Out of every class a 50% contribution rate is very good. So this year we signed 14, we will have done very very well if we get 8 or 9 to become every game contributors.

From 2010-2012 we have made a huge jump in overall class quality from 2008 and 2009.

Like I said, forget some of the negitive things that you hear from other people, we have the right people in the right spots. Kaz is a huge addition to our staff's ability to recruit.

I've said this on numerous occasions as well. For whatever reason, Bo's first two classes (altough it's hard to dock him too much for 2008) weren't the greatest. I think we've seen a marked improvement in recruiting the last three classes.

Some people claim Bo isn't "growing" as a head coach. I see the improvement in recruiting as a major sign of him learning what all it takes to have a complete program.

. I see the improvement in recruiting as a major sign of him learning what all it takes to have a complete program.

What about being able to beat a ranked team on a consistent basis? :dunno

That would rule out of the maji on HO.

. I see the improvement in recruiting as a major sign of him learning what all it takes to have a complete program.

I will continue with the evolution of this conversation.

To get to that next level, the let down games need to come to a screetching hault. We have shown signs of being a giant that is beginning to wake up, but then we hit the snooze button with games like NorthWestern and Michigan. To be able to turn the corner, these games need to stop. There was not a game last year that we stepped on the field and had no chance of beating the other team.

Valid point, but different from Bo's growth as a recruiter.

I will continue with the evolution of this conversation.

To get to that next level, the let down games need to come to a screetching hault. We have shown signs of being a giant that is beginning to wake up, but then we hit the snooze button with games like NorthWestern and Michigan. To be able to turn the corner, these games need to stop. There was not a game last year that we stepped on the field and had no chance of beating the other team.

To elaborate, as decent as TO was as a coach he was merciless in a game until the other team's will was broken. Bo's teams do not show this on a consistent basis. Last skill player to show that, IMO and all respect to Rex......Joe Ganz.

A little off the topic and off the wall but a valid question after this point, but is beating ranked teams consistantly with Bo almost like a direct parallel with TO's inability to beat Boomer Sooner early in his career???