Jesus and abortion

I think he covered it pretty well with the Golden Rule and multiple other teachings about not harming others, respecting your body, etc. And the old testament had those pesky ten commandments and various teachings about respecting yourself and others. Were you expecting to find some sort of politically correct example that even the choice crowd, NOW, or planned parenthood wouldn't argue with? I think it is quite clear unless a person has motives leading them to not discern his position. If the pro choice anti-abortion crowd had all been aborted, would we even need to discuss this? If you think on that real hard I think you'll find your answer.

I think he covered it pretty well with the Golden Rule and multiple other teachings about not harming others, respecting your body, etc. And the old testament had those pesky ten commandments and various teachings about respecting yourself and others. Were you expecting to find some sort of politically correct example that even the choice crowd, NOW, or planned parenthood wouldn't argue with? I think it is quite clear unless a person has motives leading them to not discern his position. If the pro choice anti-abortion crowd had all been aborted, would we even need to discuss this? If you think on that real hard I think you'll find your answer.

So he said it in code? I would think this would be something he'd want to be clear on.

• Fire 2

God tried 'splaining it to me one day while we were joking about "Yes Men" trying to sneak into Heaven..

Near as I can remember, it was something like, "Abortion is wrong in any case..even if the pregnancy was the result of insest or rape...But they (Women) need to have the right and/or ability to make the right or wrong decision".

And the ability to forgive themselves if they make the wrong decision.

http://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/prolife.html

"And if men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she has a miscarriage, yet there is no further injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman's husband may demand of him; and he shall pay as the judges decide. But if there is any further injury, then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life." (
)

eyeswear2allthatsholy

bible wasn't written or even dictated by Jesus, does that explain it?

This is absolutely the most assine issue in politics. I wonder if wire clotheshangers were around back then if Marry might have done us all a favor and solved this one for us, virgin birth my ass.

Did anyone here claim that the Bible was written or dictated by Jesus? Your non-point doesn't explain dick. If wire coathangers hadn't advanced to plastic, maybe your mother would've done us all a big favor.

And still wondering why Cactusboy's frequent stalker that almost immediately plus one's him never seems to post..

CactusboyOG?????

the plot thickens....

CactusboyOG is now Cactusboy. We made the name switch a week or so ago. The guy formerly using "cactusboy" seemed only to be here to mess with OG. We tend to frown on that. You can find his posts under the name "formercactusboy." Here is an example: LINK

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

Did anyone here claim that the Bible was written or dictated by Jesus? Your non-point doesn't explain dick. If wire coathangers hadn't advanced to plastic, maybe your mother would've done us all a big favor.

The claim was not made here, but...

Per the post-Nicene Christian dogma of the Trinity, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are one.

And that same Christianity credits the Holy Spirit as the author or inspiration of the Bible.

1 Cor 2:13 - This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom, but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.

2 Pet 1;20,21 - Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

2 Tim 3:16,17 - All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.