Jesus and abortion

They are quick to jump on the crusade bandwagon ( lump all christians together) but notice their indignant behavior if you use the term muslim to explain the twin tower bombings. eyeswear2allthatsholy

Uhhhh . . . . no.

We're pointing out the hypocrisy in doing one or the other. That hypocrisy doesn't seem to bother you.

What are you talking about? How do you know what bothers me and what doesn't, most lawyer should know they can't determine what someone else is thinking, you need to work on that. If you said that Christians organised and were in the crusades I wouldn't have a problem with that, they were there. If you say muslims bombed the twin towers I wouldn't have a problem with it, they did it. I have never used the twin towers to say all muslims are evil or that their religion is evil. I am stating fact, but people on here are using the Crusades and the Salem witch hunt to bash christians today. Much different IMO :dis

Thoughts can be inferred from statements and actions. Downplaying Christianity's role in the Crusades while condemning Islam's role in 9/11 paints a more compelling picture than saying that you don't think that Muslims are evil.

People claiming to be Muslim crashed planes into the World Trade Center, despite the fact that Mohammad didn't teach that murder of innocent women and children was the correct way to combat your enemy.

People claiming to be Christian fought "Crusades" in the Holy Land where they murdered women and children despite the fact that this is pretty much the antithesis of what Jesus taught.

Looks like the problem isn't Muslims or Christians, but PEOPLE using religion to meet their own ends.

Well put knapplc. I have no problem with Christians. I have no problem with Muslims. I DO have a problem with either using their religion as justification for bad actions.

I am in total agreement with that statement also. As much as you think I am somehow against Muslims that is not true. :hmmph

They are quick to jump on the crusade bandwagon ( lump all christians together) but notice their indignant behavior if you use the term muslim to explain the twin tower bombings. eyeswear2allthatsholy

Uhhhh . . . . no.

We're pointing out the hypocrisy in doing one or the other. That hypocrisy doesn't seem to bother you.

What are you talking about? How do you know what bothers me and what doesn't, most lawyer should know they can't determine what someone else is thinking, you need to work on that. If you said that Christians organised and were in the crusades I wouldn't have a problem with that, they were there. If you say muslims bombed the twin towers I wouldn't have a problem with it, they did it. I have never used the twin towers to say all muslims are evil or that their religion is evil. I am stating fact, but people on here are using the Crusades and the Salem witch hunt to bash christians today. Much different IMO :dis

Thoughts can be inferred from statements and actions. Downplaying Christianity's role in the Crusades while condemning Islam's role in 9/11 paints a more compelling picture than saying that you don't think that Muslims are evil.

Firs tof all I know more about 9/11 than I do the crusades. Second of all as a lawyer you know in court that is a bunch of bull and a judge would laugh at your assertion. Third of all I didn't downplay anything I have never been that interested in the crusades and the crimes committed by the Christians. So now when you make statements I can infer what you are thinking, right? I infer you are a little slow on the uptake, I never condemed Islam or its role, I condemned Muslims who flew the planes into the twin towers. Now did Muslims fly planes into the twin towers, yes or no? You are the hypocrite who acts holier than thou. :nutz

Firs tof all I know more about 9/11 than I do the crusades. Second of all as a lawyer you know in court that is a bunch of bull and a judge would laugh at your assertion. Third of all I didn't downplay anything I have never been that interested in the crusades and the crimes committed by the Christians. So now when you make statements I can infer what you are thinking, right? I infer you are a little slow on the uptake, I never condemed Islam or its role, I condemned Muslims who flew the planes into the twin towers. Now did Muslims fly planes into the twin towers, yes or no? You are the hypocrite who acts holier than thou. :nutz

I'm not holier than thou . . . that would imply that I'm religious. Less hypocritical? Certainly.

Inferences are drawn from actions and words every single day. It's the rare murder where the murderer yells "I intend to murder this person" as they stab them. The intent is inferred from the actions.

But by all means . . . explain how I am hypocritical. I'll wait on pins and needles.

Religions are only as good as the people who practice them.

Hear, hear. :thumbs

Actually I think most religions are better than most of the people who practice them. But I can see your side of the coin as well.

If you mean that religions establish an ideal that people rarely live up to then I agree with you.

Actually I think most religions are better than most of the people who practice them. But I can see your side of the coin as well.

If you mean that religions establish an ideal that people rarely live up to then I agree with you.

That's pretty much what I meant. Why do you think people fail to live up to those ideals? Is it because the religions set the bar too high or some other factors?

I'm not holier than thou . . . that would imply that I'm religious. Less hypocritical? Certainly.

Inferences are drawn from actions and words every single day. It's the rare murder where the murderer yells "I intend to murder this person" as they stab them. The intent is inferred from the actions.

But by all means . . . explain how I am hypocritical. I'll wait on pins and needles.

You are holier than thou because you have a religion, it is the PC secular utopia that everyone must conform to or be branded a hypocrite, bigot or uneducated ideolog. That is how you are a hypocrite, you rail against the religous establishment but you want everyone to fall in line and walk goosestep with your ideals. Now, how am I a hypocrite?

And you never seem to answer questions, just ask them yourself. So I will ask you again did muslims fly those planes into the twin towers? :hmmph if so, where and when was I inaccurate or hypocritical?

That's pretty much what I meant. Why do you think people fail to live up to those ideals? Is it because the religions set the bar too high or some other factors?

Unfortunately some religions also establish an ideal that people should not live down to, like gay bashing, violent anti-abortion, and "good wars".

Some religions also discourage people from thinking for themselves.

"Yea, let it be OK to rape young men and let us protect pedophiles and make it easier for them to commit their crimes"

"Yea, let us hate on females and infringe upon their rights while we turn a blind eye to unwanted starving and abused children all around us"

"Yea, let it be OK to go forth and torture and murder those who do not believe as we do, even as we practice a religion that preaches peace among men."

[/Catholic Church]

Because people, whether religious or not, will be people.

"Yea, let it be OK to rape young men and let us protect pedophiles and make it easier for them to commit their crimes"

"Yea, let us hate on females and infringe upon their rights while we turn a blind eye to unwanted starving and abused children all around us"

"Yea, let it be OK to go forth and torture and murder those who do not believe as we do, even as we practice a religion that preaches peace among men."

[/Catholic Church]

All of this has happened. But let's not paint every Catholic with the same brush. They are not all guilty because some are guilty, any more than every Husker fan is "bad" because of Lawrence Phillips.