GOP Congressman Walks out on Obama's National Prayer Breakfast speech

class warfare

Do you really believe that Obama is engaged in class warfare?

Yes, he is using it to get reelected.

You realize that he isn't, and that the whole "class warfare" line is just BS his opponents have dreamt up, right?

What example could you give to show that Obama is engaged in class warfare? And has any other president engaged in similar practices?

The only problem I would have with this is if he then says we should raise taxes. What he wants to give because of his own personal beliefs is up to him but not everyone feels the same way. He may want to give more because of his beliefs to this country but I am a little more weary. I would rather give to my church or whoever I feel needs my money. When you give to the fed. govt. they do many things with it that are against my beliefs.

What did Jesus say about taxes? I think your beliefs do not align with His in this instance.

Why doesn't it? Jesus said give to Caesar what is Caesar's!! How much we give in this country is always a moving target, and I give to caesar what is caesar's. So what doesn't align? chuckleshuffle

Jesus didn't seem particularly concerned with taxation or worldly possessions. You seem otherwise.

Jesus said 'Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, render unto God what is God's."

Apparently you have re-written Jesus' words to be "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's . . . unless you think Caesar is taking too much or if you don't agree with what Caesar is doing with the money."

GOP Jesus at work.

class warfare

Any discussion of the increasing disparity between the haves and the have nots is called class warfare.

Your beliefs do not align. You do know what the bible says about debt, right? :dunno

What? Who said anything about debt? Goodness.

My beliefs don't align with what? The incoherence grows . . .

class warfare

I absolutely think Obama is fully engaged in class warfare. It is one of the things I most despise about his leadership or rather lack thereof. In his defense, it is a brilliant ploy to garner support and votes. And yes I think all recent presidents and candidates would use similar tactics if and when they thought it would help them. So, in a manner he is no worse than the others. But his method is one of the most destructive to the cohesiveness of this country that I can give an example of. It really reminds me of Hitler's attempts to blame all of Germany's woes on the jews. And no, I do not make that comparison lightly nor do I intend it to mean more than exactly what I stated.

The reason the 1% have the loopholes and advantages they do is because he is more concerned with scapegoating them instead of building consensus and fixing the things that give them an advantage over most of us.

class warfare

He doesn't have to. The Republicans have done such a great job in the past 6 months of making themselves look like gigantic f'tards. In their quest to find somebody to beat Obama, they've knocked the living hell out of each other and destroying any credibility along the way.

If Obama doesn't beat the ass off of whoever he runs against, then his campaign strategists should get a job at Chuckie Cheese...

I absolutely think Obama is fully engaged in class warfare. It is one of the things I most despise about his leadership or rather lack thereof. In his defense, it is a brilliant ploy to garner support and votes. And yes I think all recent presidents and candidates would use similar tactics if and when they thought it would help them. So, in a manner he is no worse than the others. But his method is one of the most destructive to the cohesiveness of this country that I can give an example of. It really reminds me of Hitler's attempts to blame all of Germany's woes on the jews. And no, I do not make that comparison lightly nor do I intend it to mean more than exactly what I stated.

The reason the 1% have the loopholes and advantages they do is because he is more concerned with scapegoating them instead of building consensus and fixing the things that give them an advantage over most of us.

We won't get sidetracked by the Hitler reference. I know your intent in saying that and it's not an issue. I think people who throw out "GODWIN'S LAW!!11!!!" have little or no point to make.

Regarding the class warfare - first, do you think this term adequately describes what's going on, or do you think it may be hyperbolic? Personally I feel there's nothing like class warfare going on. It's a Republican talking point intended to whip up the base, and it's working.

The only problem I would have with this is if he then says we should raise taxes. What he wants to give because of his own personal beliefs is up to him but not everyone feels the same way. He may want to give more because of his beliefs to this country but I am a little more weary. I would rather give to my church or whoever I feel needs my money. When you give to the fed. govt. they do many things with it that are against my beliefs.

What did Jesus say about taxes? I think your beliefs do not align with His in this instance.

Why doesn't it? Jesus said give to Caesar what is Caesar's!! How much we give in this country is always a moving target, and I give to caesar what is caesar's. So what doesn't align? chuckleshuffle

Jesus didn't seem particularly concerned with taxation or worldly possessions. You seem otherwise.

Jesus said 'Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, render unto God what is God's."

Apparently you have re-written Jesus' words to be "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's . . . unless you think Caesar is taking too much or if you don't agree with what Caesar is doing with the money."

GOP Jesus at work.

Wow, you really are either not thinking well or just writing things that you think will rile people up. I didn't rewite anything, I assumed that you knew the whole statement regarding taxes as you love to quote scripture. I didn't think I had to write and render unto God what is God's. You are great at inferring, I thought you would have inferred that but you are not that great at it after all. Again you make an outrageous assertion that I am somehow more concerned with money. I hope you are better at inferring with your clients and in court. I said I don't want the govt to spend my money on what they deem important like PP and abortions. Do you know what and where I spend my money or how much I give to charity or who I give my money to? Thought so!! do you know who or how much I give to people around my town and how much time I spend helping out others? Thought so, your inferring radar needs fixed my friend!! :thumbs

class warfare

Any discussion of the increasing disparity between the haves and the have nots is called class warfare.

Your beliefs do not align. You do know what the bible says about debt, right? :dunno

What? Who said anything about debt? Goodness.

My beliefs don't align with what? The incoherence grows . . .

You inferred it!! :wasted

class warfare

You realize that he isn't, and that the whole "class warfare" line is just BS his opponents have dreamt up, right?

What example could you give to show that Obama is engaged in class warfare? And has any other president engaged in similar practices?

No I believe he is using class warfare. The rich vs. poor is just what wants. It will mobilize his base and get the vote out. OWS is his best friend and he is speaking to them. And how does he talk about the evil rich and then rub elbows with them hoping for a handout for his campaign? :dunno

Where does Obama talk about the "evil rich?" That's the point I'm making - he's not warring against the rich, he's trying to make tax levels fair. It's not a coincidence that the people who are labeling this "class warfare" are the rich and super-rich.

I disagree, I don't see much effort by Obama beyond hollow words.

I will change my mind when I see action.

Where does Obama talk about the "evil rich?" That's the point I'm making - he's not warring against the rich, he's trying to make tax levels fair. It's not a coincidence that the people who are labeling this "class warfare" are the rich and super-rich.

What is fair, how much do they have to pay to be fair? Some pay none how is it that they are paying their fair share? This drives me crazy that they somehow are cheating this country. The top1% pay 38% of federal income tax. The bottom 50% pay 3% of the fedral income tax. What are you talking about witht his fair share crap, that is Bo talking points and his class warfare. :angry:

http://www.heritage.org/budgetchartbook/top10-percent-income-earners