Is this obscene?

"Obscenity" at the Super Bowl  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Apparently some singer flipped off the camera during Madonna's half-time show last night. And the world is in an uproar over it.

Apologies from NFL, NBC after M.I.A. flips bird

British hip-hop artist M.I.A.'s obscene gesture in the Super Bowl halftime show is prompting apologies from NBC and the NFL. But it isn't immediately registering as a moment that viewers latched on to.

"The obscene gesture in the performance was completely inappropriate, very disappointing and we apologize to our fans," said Brian McCarthy, spokesman for the NFL, which produced Madonna's halftime show. He said that M.I.A. had not done anything similar during rehearsals and the league had no reason to believe she would pull something like that during the actual show.

The risque moment came during the biggest TV event of the year. The screen briefly went blurred after M.I.A.'s gesture in what was a late attempt - by less than a second - to cut out the camera shot.

"The NFL hired the talent and produced the halftime show," NBC spokesman Christopher McCloskey said. "Our system was late to obscure the inappropriate gesture and we apologize to our viewers."

Couple of questions: Did you see this? If so, were you offended?

I'm pretty tough to offend on most things. The middle finger nonsense is pretty redonk if you ask me. But I guess you could make an argument for a "family-friendly" show.

A guy I work with didn't like a lot of the commercials last night because he thought they would be traumatic to kids (Doritos commercial with the dog "killing" the cat or the vampires burning in the headlights)

I'm more concerned with kids seeing a lot sex stuff and grotesque murders and whatnot than I am concerned about them hearing "naughty" language or seeing someone flip the bird.

I wasn't offended but I wouldn't want to be watching that with my kids. Super Bowl is still family entertainment after all.

It's hard for the media to cater to young adults and to little kids at the same time. I like MIA (see below) but I think it should be kept clean. Any other concert I wouldn't really care. And it's true, it could have been worse than flipping the bird. Still, a poor example to set for the 7,8,9,10 year olds watching, learning what's cool from the stars on TV.

Ultimately I think the young adults age group that can appreciate and enjoy stuff like that ... we wouldn't really miss it if it were absent, and we can enjoy some quality classic fare.

Apparently some singer flipped off the camera during Madonna's half-time show last night. And the world is in an uproar over it.

Apologies from NFL, NBC after M.I.A. flips bird

British hip-hop artist M.I.A.'s obscene gesture in the Super Bowl halftime show is prompting apologies from NBC and the NFL. But it isn't immediately registering as a moment that viewers latched on to.

"The obscene gesture in the performance was completely inappropriate, very disappointing and we apologize to our fans," said Brian McCarthy, spokesman for the NFL, which produced Madonna's halftime show. He said that M.I.A. had not done anything similar during rehearsals and the league had no reason to believe she would pull something like that during the actual show.

The risque moment came during the biggest TV event of the year. The screen briefly went blurred after M.I.A.'s gesture in what was a late attempt - by less than a second - to cut out the camera shot.

"The NFL hired the talent and produced the halftime show," NBC spokesman Christopher McCloskey said. "Our system was late to obscure the inappropriate gesture and we apologize to our viewers."

Couple of questions: Did you see this? If so, were you offended?

i didn't see it until they made a big deal about it.