Obama's assault on religion is beginning

The way I have heard it many times is that Pro-life is just from conception to birth. After that good luck.Most Pro-life people are pro military, pro guns, pro death penalty. So, pro-life so they have someone to kill later.

Ah yes... so they can prove that their god is a merciful one.

Sorry, but this bothers me. It is God that I and Catholics believe in one God not many gods or god.

Let's assume for for the sake of developing common ground to have a discussion, that there is one God and one Jesus.

There are countless descriptions of God and Jesus, so many that we may not recognize them per the description given by aother person.

I somewhat agree with Marcion's description of the God of the Old Testament, that He was not worth worshipping. However I do belive in a God that is different from the one described in the Holy Bible.

I also believe in the prophet Jesus whose teachings were given in three Synoptic Gospels.

That is actually pretty interesting I will have to look it up and read more about it.

The church is right and it is not about women's rights, it is about the 1st amendment.

Slow down. How does providing insurance that covers contraceptives violate an employers religious rights? Keep in mind that churches are exempt from this requirement.

Give me the legal reasoning behind your claim. You're so certain of it . . . it can't be too hard.

The way I have heard it many times is that Pro-life is just from conception to birth. After that good luck.Most Pro-life people are pro military, pro guns, pro death penalty. So, pro-life so they have someone to kill later.

Sorry, but this bothers me. It is God that I and Catholics believe in one God not many gods or god.

Why would this bother you? He didn't imply that you believe in many gods. He said that Catholics want to prove that their god is a merciful one.

You call the Catholic god God. Muslims call their god Allah. Pastafarians call their god the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Why would you be offended by people believing in different gods than you do? Strange.

so if the insurance companies have to cover contraceptives for women, how long will it be before you have to get a prescription from a Doctor to get a box of Trojans?

Probably never, because you don't need a prescription to buy them now. Or are you going with the "the insurance company will thus pick up a portion of the cost" angle on that question?

so if the insurance companies have to cover contraceptives for women, how long will it be before you have to get a prescription from a Doctor to get a box of Trojans?

Probably never, because you don't need a prescription to buy them now. Or are you going with the "the insurance company will thus pick up a portion of the cost" angle on that question?

Yeah . . . not sure where that's coming from.

yeah, when will the insurance company foot the bill for this. why does it always have to be just the women who get the benefit.

yeah, when will the insurance company foot the bill for this. why does it always have to be just the women who get the benefit.

What? Are women barred from buying condoms?

I think your logic train just derailed. You clearly have some ignorance when it comes to birth control. One, they have side effects. Two, birth control pills are not only prescribed for anti-baby-making. There are other issues like acne and other things having to do with the female reproductive system. Three, condoms are over the counter. Birth conrol medication is not. And I can't think of anything over the counter that insurance covers.

Why would this bother you? He didn't imply that you believe in many gods. He said that Catholics want to prove that their god is a merciful one.

You call the Catholic god God. Muslims call their god Allah. Pastafarians call their god the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Why would you be offended by people believing in different gods than you do? Strange.

Why do you care if it does?

Why do you care if it does?

Because the tender sensibilities of the perpetually persecuted (in their own minds) religious majority is a fascinating topic.

Because the tender sensibilities of the perpetually persecuted (in their own minds) religious majority is a fascinating topic.

Carl, let's be honest here--it's not just in their minds that they're being persecuted. The News Corp-owned media outfits do a great job of reinforcing a persecution complex to go along with their daily conservative affirmations. So do the pulpits that don't pay taxes but talk out the side of their mouth regarding matters where politics and religion collide.

I mean, how else are you going to get them to act--fear is the most potent of motivators. Just ask any old-school Catholic. :)

Carl, let's be honest here--it's not just in their minds that they're being persecuted. The News Corp-owned media outfits do a great job of reinforcing a persecution complex to go along with their daily conservative affirmations. So do the pulpits that don't pay taxes but talk out the side of their mouth regarding matters where politics and religion collide.

I mean, how else are you going to get them to act--fear is the most potent of motivators. Just ask any old-school Catholic. :)

Regarding the bold: I agree. That's what I meant by the "in their own minds" in the parenthetical.

Oops. Looks like the Church is not winning the fight . . . even among Catholics themselves.

http://andrewsulliva...e-issue-ii.html

If you really oppose abortion, you should back contraception, especially for those women least likely to afford it outside health insurance plans. But the new rigid fundamentalism of the John Paul II and Benedict XVI hierarchy cannot allow such moral trade-offs. But trading off the rape of children for the reputation of the church? Suddenly they get pragmatic.

I'm sorry but I find the protectors of child rapists preaching to women about contraception to be a moral obscenity. When all the implicated bishops and the Pope resign, ther replacements will have standing to preach.