For the love of God, Tom!!

Another consideration is that you potentially could have 5-6 scholarships open next year to fill. The following year you will have at most 2. If they were to replace Doc after this season then the new coach could recruit those new players, otherwise if you wait one more year than that coach will have only 1 or 2 scholarships to offer unless there is attrition. Getting tougher for coaches to run kids off.

Doc Sadler just might be the most hated man in Nebraska right now

I'm sure your kidding but really..............what makes this so tough is that almost everyone really does like Doc 'the person'.................

It's just Doc 'the coach' who is stubbornly allowing this firestorm of negativity to permeate the program..........

And, even if he gets canned (can't feel too sorry for a guy who will walk away with millions and immediately get an assistant's gig with Gillespie or someone)................I will wish him the best.............

His style and recruiting defeciencies are just a bad match for us now.........

• Fire 1

Goobercolon- the newest Husker expert.

Had it worked and certain players woulda stayed healthy and the team woulda been decent would you be preaching how nice it is we have Doc sewed for more years to get into the new arena? I guess you would. I can already see youre one of them kinda people. Claiming you had it all figured out AFTER the dust settles.

All my point is that injuries to a certain few have really hamstringed this years team and Doc was making progress, very slowly. The extension was a mistake, we know that now, esp when he already had 3 years left. But dont sit there and say you knew this team was going to be this bad and uncompetitive.

Injuries made us slightly worse. We still are not nor would have been a good team. For what seems like the 107th time, PUHLENTY of people knew this team wasn't going to be good. WE.WERE.PICKED.TO.FINISH.ELEVENTH.

How exactly do you define progress? Yes, last year was better than the epically bad year he had on 2009-2010. Doc has never finished higher than 7th in the conference. We finished the season losing five of our last six games. We got DESTROYED in the first round of the NIT.

Where you and Tom see progress, plenty of others saw a race towards mediocrity. That he was awarded for. Now we have a freshman class that Doc himself says isn't good enough to play in the Big Ten. This if after YEARS of awful recruiting and the supposed improvement there.

Where the hell is the progress?

By the way, if you had actually bothered to read what I wrote, I clearly said I didn't know they would be THIS embarrassing. I had a very strong hunch they were going to be bad, because I don't believe Doc Sadler is a remotely good coach. That isn't a new or unheard of opinion either, though I'm sure you'll behave as if it was.

:blink: Are we talking about the same sport? I'm talking about the basketball team. Nebraska fricking basketball, and youre worried about it "becoming" mediocre. Hell, I wish it was that good. You have PUHLENTY of perspective.

eyeswear2allthatsholy

I'm done with you. You claim no one saw a season this bad, yet you admit the program isn't in good shape. You claim there's progress, then act like I'm an idiot for not wanting to celebrate that mediocrity. You admitted earlier you like to argue. I would imagine this is little more than trolling me at this point.

Have a good one.

:cry

As amusing as it is watching a bunch of sideshow freaks chase a bouncy-ball around, I still think we should ditch hoops and get a hockey team.

I like the idea of college hockey at UNL. It'll never happen under Osborne, and may be unlikely altogether, especially with the Mavs being in Omaha. I like basketball, and I am always rooting for the Huskers, and that won't change...but damn are these guys boring and painful to watch. I just can't help but cringe when the same people who watch this NU team come out and score 40 ppg complain that hockey is too boring and low scoring. And get all the best coaches you can (won't happen) with all the best recruits (won't happen) there is still no way NU basketball will ever win a Nat'l Championship, and isn't that the point? To at least have the chance? NU's best teams in the past couldn't even win in the first round of the NCAA tourney. That's not about to change anytime soon. The only thing that sucks about college hockey is no fighting.