NU Football getting some bad press in Colorado tonight

i understand what you are saying knappic and i dont really know the details of what happened (i was 8 in 1996) but if he really did rape her then he shouldnt ever get to move on from what he did, in mine line of work (im a cop) i see rape victims from time to time and the trauma that it puts on them mentally is pretty bad. with that being sad i have also seen girls who got drunk, gave it up, and then cried rape later on. and that is not rape what so ever in my opinion.

• Fire 1

I know this is a delicate subject, and I don't want to come across as insensitive or that I'm trying to give Peter a pass. It's tough to talk about this because we all naturally want to protect the victim, and I'm right there with everyone on that.

Husker from Kansas, the gruesome details about this are that they were in a bar, she was wearing some kind of dress or skirt, Peter was drunk, and with zero provocation or warning he put his hand under her skirt and penetrated her. She resisted, he didn't stop, and then it was over. The whole thing lasted probably 20 seconds, tops. It was at a table in a bar, and if I recall Peter was sitting and the victim was standing next to him.

i see, in all honesty it is hard to tell what really happened because she was probably drinking too, alot of the time with cases like that there is more than what meets the eye, with that being said what happened should not have and it is truly unfortunate that it took place. I think this is a small dark spot on NU football which is one of the greatest programs of all time, and i am very proud to be a Husker football fan, and i think it says alot about this program that this is one of the biggest incidents that it has ever had to deal with, other schools have had far far worse things,we husker fans are really a lucky bunch, and we sometimes take for granted how classy this program has been over the years

i see, in all honesty it is hard to tell what really happened because she was probably drinking too, alot of the time with cases like that there is more than what meets the eye, with that being said what happened should not have and it is truly unfortunate that it took place. I think this is a small dark spot on NU football which is one of the greatest programs of all time, and i am very proud to be a Husker football fan, and i think it says alot about this program that this is one of the biggest incidents that it has ever had to deal with, other schools have had far far worse things,we husker fans are really a lucky bunch, and we sometimes take for granted how classy this program has been over the years

Exactly.

No program is perfect. There isn't a University in the country without some sort of smudge on their program.

Let us not forget that earth-shattering textbook scandal. ;)

I know this is a delicate subject, and I don't want to come across as insensitive or that I'm trying to give Peter a pass. It's tough to talk about this because we all naturally want to protect the victim, and I'm right there with everyone on that.

Husker from Kansas, the gruesome details about this are that they were in a bar, she was wearing some kind of dress or skirt, Peter was drunk, and with zero provocation or warning he put his hand under her skirt and penetrated her. She resisted, he didn't stop, and then it was over. The whole thing lasted probably 20 seconds, tops. It was at a table in a bar, and if I recall Peter was sitting and the victim was standing next to him.

I thought that was the Christensen story from a few years ago. Peters assualt included 2 seperate incidents at the bar and was a little beyond reaching up her skirt IIRC.

I thought that was the Christensen story from a few years ago. Peters assualt included 2 seperate incidents at the bar and was a little beyond reaching up her skirt IIRC.

Peter was also convicted of an assault where he grabbed yet another woman by the throat at a bar. But the incident I described is the one this woman, Ms. Tysdal, was the victim in.

The account is in her news story, in the link I provided. Grim, stupid stuff.

Peter was also convicted of an assault where he grabbed yet another woman by the throat at a bar. But the incident I described is the one this woman, Ms. Tysdal, was the victim in.

The account is in her news story, in the link I provided. Grim, stupid stuff.

Yeah, I knew about that second one. This is what I was thinking about...

Also in May 1993, Peter was charged with third-degree sexual assault for twice groping a former Miss Nebraska, Natalie Kuijvenhoven, in a bar; he pleaded no contest and was sentenced to 18 months' probation but now says he took the fall for a teammate he will not name.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1008072/index.htm

I was hesitant to post this as I feel the sooner we can get beyond the Lawrence Phillips and the Christian Peters, the better. Her story was not presented in the fashion of bashing Nebraska football. But, understandably, she had some not too flattering things to say about this person and the football program, with all the allegations against him and not missing any football games throughout her ordeal. Can't say as I blame her for that at all. Some have questioned her motives, bringing this up again so many years later. I don't think she had any motives other than to make other girls/women aware and to urge them to report cases like this. She found out after her assault that another girl/student had been assaulted by him twice and that girl did not report it. That would be frustrating to know another person could have possibly helped prevent harm to you. Peter may very well have got his life turned around since then but, after something like this, I think he is fair game until the day he dies if any of his victims want to make an issue of it. There are some things a person may never get free of.

You have to remember that it wasn't her bringing it up as much as people like that New York Times guy a couple of years ago that got ahold of all the documents from the preliminary investigations and wrote a story on it. Peters then sued the state, etc. It's a period of the Husker football program that will linger on for a long time - and we'll likely never know the truth behind a lot of it. We'd be naive as fans to think we were running a program as clean as it is today though. Sorry Tom, but there was too many sketchy things going on for me to annoint you a saint like many....

I'm probably gonna get murdered on here for saying this, I'm certainly not being insensitive or condoning what Christian did, because it's terrible and he should have been punished harshly. That being said...

I'd like to see a picture of what this lady was wearing. Everyone knows the number 1 reason (ok, maybe it's not the number 1 reason for everybody, but certainly in the top two) for going to the bars is to check out the hot chicks. I honestly can't believe what these girls wear. Don't get me wrong, as a guy not quite out of his 20s yet, I LOVE it (although it does get me in trouble when the lady tags along). I'm willing to bet when this girl got ready to go out that night she wasn't thinking "I'll be around drunk men, what's my most conservative wardrobe," she was more than likely thinking "what looks hot? oh this will get the boys drooling." You're gonna be around hundreds of drunk guys, if you don't want trouble, cover up a little bit, cause guess what, not every guy at the bar is a saint.

We'd be naive as fans to think we were running a program as clean as it is today though. Sorry Tom, but there was too many sketchy things going on for me to annoint you a saint like many....

Who thinks Osborne was a saint? Isn't this a bit of a straw man? I don't remember anyone thinking Osborne was innocent of wrongdoing back then. Even today with the passage of time, those who lived through that period remember it with a tinge of regret because of the stuff that went down.

People can know about things like this without bringing them up all the time and still not think Osborne was a saint, or free of wrongdoing.