Oklahoma Democrat Adds ‘Every Sperm Is Sacred’ Amendment To Personhood Bill

I made this point in a paper I did in high school on abortion.

But it does illustrate a serious point: only about half of fertilized eggs develop into a pregnancy. If Republican lawmakers are willing to declare every cluster of cells with the potential to become a fetus a person, why stop at fertilized eggs? Why not sperm as well?

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/02/08/421018/oklahoma-democrat-adds-every-sperm-is-sacred-amendment-to-personhood-bill/?mobile=nc

I can't wait until this wave of nutty conservatism passes in our country...

I made this point in a paper I did in high school on abortion.

But it does illustrate a serious point: only about half of fertilized eggs develop into a pregnancy. If Republican lawmakers are willing to declare every cluster of cells with the potential to become a fetus a person, why stop at fertilized eggs? Why not sperm as well?

http://thinkprogress...bill/?mobile=nc

I can't wait until this wave of nutty conservatism passes in our country...

The angriest/nuttiest part of the base is aging rapidly.

That is some wild stuff. But before everyone becomes deranged with anti-republican, anti-conservative sentiment; the most asinine parts of this issue were amendments submitted by a democrat to poke fun at her perceived absurdity of the personhood movement. I think reasonable people can disagree over when life begins and when it is worthy of constitutional protection. Once the egg has been fertilized, science has determined that it is likely (barring complications) the cells will continue to divide and form a living being. I don't think that is absurd at all, rather it is a simple fact. It really only becomes absurd when people attempt to deal with it before the time of conception, and to my knowledge, no serious group is attempting that. There may be a few in the far right reaches of sanity thinking that way but, everyone has that one crazy relative.

One of the biggest problems with these kinds of bills is how they ignore lots of real things. For one, many fertilized eggs never implant on the uturus wall, remeber likely does not mean always. And this is the part that the 'morning after pill' prevents. Something that happens on its own in nature on a very common basis. Two they tend make misscarriges into felonys. That tends to be a horrible enough experience without bringing lawyers and DAs into things.

One of the biggest problems with these kinds of bills is how they ignore lots of real things. For one, many fertilized eggs never implant on the uturus wall, remeber likely does not mean always. And this is the part that the 'morning after pill' prevents. Something that happens on its own in nature on a very common basis.

Exactly, 30-50% are lost...sometimes so early that the woman doesn't even know it's happened. Then you've got the gastrulation phase which occurs around 16 days after fertilization. That's when the father's genetic code is fully implanted.

People are going argue forever, though...about when "life" actually begins.

how did nobody link this?

good god, it's a joke.

There are Jews in the world.

There are Buddhists.

There are Hindus and Mormons, and then

There are those that follow Mohammed, but

I've never been one of them.

I'm a Roman Catholic,

And have been since before I was born,

And the one thing they say about Catholics is:

They'll take you as soon as you're warm.

You don't have to be a six-footer.

You don't have to have a great brain.

You don't have to have any clothes on. You're

A Catholic the moment Dad came,

Because

Every sperm is sacred.

Every sperm is great.

If a sperm is wasted,

God gets quite irate.

CHILDREN:

Every sperm is sacred.

Every sperm is great.

If a sperm is wasted,

God gets quite irate.

GIRL:

Let the heathen spill theirs

On the dusty ground.

God shall make them pay for

Each sperm that can't be found.

CHILDREN:

Every sperm is wanted.

Every sperm is good.

Every sperm is needed

In your neighbourhood.

MUM:

Hindu, Taoist, Mormon,

Spill theirs just anywhere,

But God loves those who treat their

Semen with more care.

MEN:

Every sperm is sacred.

Every sperm is great.

WOMEN:

If a sperm is wasted,...

CHILDREN:

...God get quite irate.

PRIEST:

Every sperm is sacred.

BRIDE and GROOM:

Every sperm is good.

NANNIES:

Every sperm is needed...

CARDINALS:

...In your neighbourhood!

CHILDREN:

Every sperm is useful.

Every sperm is fine.

FUNERAL CORTEGE:

God needs everybody's.

MOURNER #1:

Mine!

MOURNER #2:

And mine!

CORPSE:

And mine!

NUN:

Let the Pagan spill theirs

O'er mountain, hill, and plain.

HOLY STATUES:

God shall strike them down for

Each sperm that's spilt in vain.

EVERYONE:

Every sperm is sacred.

Every sperm is good.

Every sperm is needed

In your neighbourhood.

Every sperm is sacred.

Every sperm is great.

If a sperm is wasted,

God gets quite iraaaaaate!

BTW, if you don't understand why a bunch of kids singing every sperm is sacred is absolutely the rauchiest most hilarious sh#t ever... never watch another monte python movie again. Also If you think it is disgusting you should stomp your holy grail dvd out and go f#*k off since you dont actually get python comedy.

• Fire 1
BTW, if you don't understand why a bunch of kids singing every sperm is sacred is absolutely the rauchiest most hilarious sh#t ever... never watch another monte python movie again. Also If you think it is disgusting you should stomp your holy grail dvd out and go f#*k off since you dont actually get python comedy.

You sure do have a problem with the Catholic church. Could you please explain why you hate it so unequivocally? Your posts don't seem to have any desire for discussion. You just want to bash a religion and I would like to attempt to understand that.