Now that one season is over, are you happy you left?

Nonregag09

I think it is always interesting to have new teams to play, a new environment and the anticipation of new rivalries. So... I like the move so far. We'll see down the road.

An interesting thing is to see how NU as an athletic program does in the Sears Cup (I think that is what it is called) --- the index that takes all your programs and somehow ranks them. How will NU in all sports compete in the B1G in comparison with the B12? I am not sure what to expect. It seems like overall, the B1G is a really overall tough place to compete.

All that said... so far, so good. I like the new conference.

From last year1...

2 Ohio State 1277.05

13 Penn State 996.05

15 Michigan 954.75

23 Illinois 731.50

26 Wisconsin 706.25

28 Indiana 687.75

29 Minnesota 657.25

42 Michigan State 515.80

43 Iowa 510.00

46 Northwestern 499.75

49 Purdue 464.5

8 Texas A&M 1090.50

10 Oklahoma 1064.75

12 Texas 996.7532

32 Oklahoma State 635.50

33 Nebraska 634.00

35 Baylor 623.75

41 Missouri 535.80

48 Texas Tech 465.50

58 Kansas State 352.25

60 Iowa State 348.80

66 Colorado 315.50

72 Kansas 265.50

Big Ten Average rank: 28

Big Twelve Average rank: 38

So far this year2...

5 Michigan 272.00

6 Penn State 264.00

12 Ohio State 206.00

14 Wisconsin 192.00

16 Illinois 185.00

25 Michigan State 159.50

38 Indiana 133.00

40 Minnesota 126.00

54 Purdue 109.00

61 Nebraska 100.00

105 Iowa 50.00

105 Northwestern 50.00

7 Oklahoma State 262.00

10 Texas 222.00

17 Texas A&M 183.00

22 Iowa State 167.00

27 Oklahoma 157.00

35 Baylor 139.50

45 Kansas State 122.50

86 Missouri 70.00

132 Kansas 25.0

Big Ten Average 40

Big Twelve Average 42

Stanford is, as usual, murdering everybody.

So to respond to your comment the Big Ten is better than the Big Twelve across the board athletically and has made it hard for Nebraska to compete. The Huskers have gone from fifth in the Big XII to being on track for tenth in the Big Ten. That being said there's still a lot of sporting to be done yet in the Spring, this is when schools get the bulk of their points so Nebraska could end up doing quite well, we'll see.

Keep in mind the cup measures success in all sports, even the obscure ones that nobody cares about, that's why Stanford has won all but one cup since its creation and 17 straight. I'd be interesting in a simple measure of the top four.

I thought it was a bad move initially. There is a difference in people from the midwest compared to people in the plains states. I wondered how Nebraskans would like asshats from Chicago invading Lincoln. Going to Wisconsin game confirmed this. Not so bad at Michigan. I've spent a lot of time in Columbus, OH and southern Indiana for work and generally came away with a good impression of the people. I think we'll enjoy playing Ohio State. When Colorado left I thought it was a good thing for the XII since I didn't hear anything good about their fans.

I thought it was a bad move initially. There is a difference in people from the midwest compared to people in the plains states. I wondered how Nebraskans would like asshats from Chicago invading Lincoln. Going to Wisconsin game confirmed this. Not so bad at Michigan. I've spent a lot of time in Columbus, OH and southern Indiana for work and generally came away with a good impression of the people. I think we'll enjoy playing Ohio State. When Colorado left I thought it was a good thing for the XII since I didn't hear anything good about their fans.

As they say in Madison, "If you can't take the heat get the f#*k out of our kitchen...but leave your beer"

As they say in Madison, "If you can't take the heat get the f#*k out of our kitchen...but leave your beer"

Not exactly helping the perception there are ya

• Fire 1

People come to games in Madison for the party, that's well known throughout the country. At these parties we tend to drink a little and drinking is known to lead to asshatery. If you know this, as most football fans do, still choose to visit Madison and then whine about it I can't really feel bad for you.

As far as perception, I don't really care and it doesn't really matter what a few, new-to-the-conference-Husker fans think. Both football teams in the state are widely respected as having some of the best gameday experiences around and that won't change anytime soon.

People come to games in Madison for the party, that's well known throughout the country...and at these parties we tend to drink a little and drinking is known to lead to asshatery. If you know this, as most football fans do, still choose to visit Madison and then whine about it I can't really feel bad for you.

As far as perception, I don't really care and it doesn't really matter what a few, new-to-the-conference-Husker fans think. Both football teams in the state are widely respected as having some of the best gameday experiences around and that won't change anytime soon.

WOW!

People come to games in Madison for the party, that's well known throughout the country...and at these parties we tend to drink a little and drinking is known to lead to asshatery. If you know this, as most football fans do, still choose to visit Madison and then whine about it I can't really feel bad for you.

WOW!

Now that you know that does your butt hurt any less?

People come to games in Madison for the party, that's well known throughout the country. At these parties we tend to drink a little and drinking is known to lead to asshatery. If you know this, as most football fans do, still choose to visit Madison and then whine about it I can't really feel bad for you.

You should talk to some of the other members of the Big Ten about the bold. It is not even close to the reputation that Madison has, both from folks I've talked to online and every single team that visited Lincoln. Most of the time I didn't even bring it up - just in general conversation about other members of the Big Ten, Badgers fans were mentioned as being some of the worst, and Madison specifically was mentioned as one of the worst places to visit for a game. This was a universal description.

You know I have no reason to intentionally drag you through the mud, so I'm not saying this out of spite or for any reason other than to relate what I heard.

You should talk to some of the other members of the Big Ten about the bold. It is not even close to the reputation that Madison has, both from folks I've talked to online and every single team that visited Lincoln. Most of the time I didn't even bring it up - just in general conversation about other members of the Big Ten, Badgers fans were mentioned as being some of the worst, and Madison specifically was mentioned as one of the worst places to visit for a game. This was a universal description.

You know I have no reason to intentionally drag you through the mud, so I'm not saying this out of spite or for any reason other than to relate what I heard.

Oh I know its nothing personal Knapp which is why you'll take no offense at me saying anecdotal evidence doesn't prove much.

Numerous sports writers and organizations have recognized the amazing expereince that a gameday in Madison is, and I'm not knocking Lincoln and the Huskers but naturally I'm going to defend my town:

"We love coming here," Herbstreit said. "Every week we're pretty spoiled. But I've played here, I've come in and called a bunch of games, so for me it's always fun to come in here, believe it or not, being an Ohio State guy." - Kirk Herbstreit.

"Watching the Wisconsin faithful last week at Camp Randall "Jump Around" and karaoke "Build Me Up, Buttercup" and "Sweet Caroline" left me wanting more from my Husker home game experiences.

Our atmosphere is good, but it's not Camp Randall good" -Sportswriter Jeff Korbelik, Lincoln Journal Star

ESPN's Scott Van Pelt declares Madison, Wisconsin "America's greatest college sports town"

http://nbcsports.msn...ootball/page/2/ Wisconsin #12 Gameday Experience

http://sportsillustr...10/top_ten0916/ Madison #1 College Sports Town (2003)

http://sportsillustr...t_weekends0916/ Wisconsin #9 Gameday Experience (2004)

http://www.nationalf...day-venues.html Wisconsin #8 Gameday Experience

http://sportsillustr...371/1/index.htm Wisconsin #2 Gameday Experience (2011)

http://www.huffingto...dison_Wisconsin Madison #7 College Football Town (2010)

http://www.budgettra...916.html?page=2 Madison #5 College Football Town

So yea, my point is that plenty of relatively neutral sources recognize the awesome time you can have in Madison and the great people with whom you can spend that time. If you didn't enjoy your trip there I kind of have to assume that you

1. Were an ass and were treated like I would expect any group of drunks to treat a disrespectful visitor.

or

2. You're harboring resentment because you lost.

Yes glad we left. Especially this year. The big 12 would have been rough on Nebraska and the schedule they would of had.

But would of it been? We knew what the big 12 does and we had the players to match it. We didn't really have the players for the Big 10. I think we would have had a better record or atleast not as bad of a embarrassing loses to the Big12. OSU and T&M at home would have been our biggest games.

Oh I know its nothing personal Knapp which is why you'll take no offense at me saying anecdotal evidence doesn't prove much.

Numerous sports writers and organizations have recognized the amazing expereince that a gameday in Madison is, and I'm not knocking Lincoln and the Huskers but naturally I'm going to defend my town:

"We love coming here," Herbstreit said. "Every week we're pretty spoiled. But I've played here, I've come in and called a bunch of games, so for me it's always fun to come in here, believe it or not, being an Ohio State guy." - Kirk Herbstreit.

"Watching the Wisconsin faithful last week at Camp Randall "Jump Around" and karaoke "Build Me Up, Buttercup" and "Sweet Caroline" left me wanting more from my Husker home game experiences.

Our atmosphere is good, but it's not Camp Randall good" -Sportswriter Jeff Korbelik, Lincoln Journal Star

ESPN's Scott Van Pelt declares Madison, Wisconsin "America's greatest college sports town"

http://nbcsports.msn...ootball/page/2/ Wisconsin #12 Gameday Experience

http://sportsillustr...10/top_ten0916/ Madison #1 College Sports Town (2003)

http://sportsillustr...t_weekends0916/ Wisconsin #9 Gameday Experience (2004)

http://www.nationalf...day-venues.html Wisconsin #8 Gameday Experience

http://sportsillustr...371/1/index.htm Wisconsin #2 Gameday Experience (2011)

http://www.huffingto...dison_Wisconsin Madison #7 College Football Town (2010)

http://www.budgettra...916.html?page=2 Madison #5 College Football Town

So yea, my point is that plenty of relatively neutral sources recognize the awesome time you can have in Madison and the great people with whom you can spend that time. If you didn't enjoy your trip there I kind of have to assume that you

1. Were an ass and were treated like I would expect any group of drunks to treat a disrespectful visitor.

or

2. You're harboring resentment because you lost.

For one thing, the national media isn't going to get harassed like visiting fans, so I tend to go more on what I hear from fans' mouths than I do what I read from a media member.

I'm a young guy not far removed from college and have always loved going to away games to party with the visiting fans and do some fun trash-talking. I have pretty thick skin. The fans in the bars in Madison were GREAT to talk with. The jackasses on the streets and the d-bag frat guys were an embarassment. There's a fine line between a drunk college fan talking some trash and being a drunk 15 year old trying to pick a fight with anyone they can because they know there are hundreds of buddies ready to jump in and help them.

As for the move - I think it was best for Nebraska, but I really do think it'll hurt the football program. Like it or not, we had a cakewalk every year the big 12 championship and should have been making a bcs bowl at least every other year. Things are going to be tougher in the B1G. But, if you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best.