Tennessee Head Coach Derek Dooley on Oversigning

"Dooley basically blasted anything and everything associated with the SEC’s new rules, repeatedly emphasizing “the good things about over-signing.” He supported his argument with examples, told us what Nick Saban really thinks, and explained the connection to the SEC school presidents."

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/02/14/derek-dooley-blasts-secs-new-over-signing-rules/

"Dooley basically blasted anything and everything associated with the SEC's new rules, repeatedly emphasizing "the good things about over-signing." He supported his argument with examples, told us what Nick Saban really thinks, and explained the connection to the SEC school presidents."

http://blogs.ajc.com...-signing-rules/

didn't Pelini do something similar to a kid a couple years ago? He was committed and maybe got injured so they pulled his offer saying he was rehabbing the way they wanted him to or something...???

(talking about Saban pulling the offer of that injurred running back mentioned halfway down)

Your thinking of Shawn bonderman. He committed got injured(knee or shoulder) the coaches told him early on that part of him keeping his offer with the injury had terms of keeping in shape rehabbing. Shawn didn't hold up his end of the bargain and a week or two before signing day with out an offer

(null)

Your thinking of Shawn bonderman. He committed got injured(knee or shoulder) the coaches told him early on that part of him keeping his offer with the injury had terms of keeping in shape rehabbing. Shawn didn't hold up his end of the bargain and a week or two before signing day with out an offer

(null)

i think it was a lot more than that. pretty sure the kid or his coach or both lied about his size and then both ducked NU's calls for a long period of time. i don't recall an injury having anything to do with it. also pretty sure he knew where he stood with us long before signing day.

(null)

i think it was a lot more than that. pretty sure the kid or his coach or both lied about his size and then both ducked NU's calls for a long period of time. i don't recall an injury having anything to do with it. also pretty sure he knew where he stood with us long before signing day.

We offer sight unseen? I've never paid attention to recruiting until this year so I don't know. I noticed a lot of offers already for next year but assumed one of the coaches had met them face to face.

Read the article cover to cover ... amazing that in all of it they never discuss the advantage that the $EC has in their oversigning. Amazing to hear that if they have a small class of say 14, they will still oversigning to 25. Basically, the status wuo continues and they are not only fine with it ... they think that's fair.

Still don't get why the NCAA doesn't see this as fair for all other schools. One only has to look at the dominance of the $EC to see that these extra recruits land them 2-5 solid recruits each year at a minimum. It gets greater for a Bama as theses extra players are 4 and 3 star recruits. Crazy.

(null)

The size issue was the DB in CA, Bodtman was the injury issue and not doing what he was supposed to. He did also duck the staff I believe.

I was reading some of the comments and I found this gem:

There is nothing wrong with a School, any school, signing 30 players a year.

:huh:

I wish someone would take the time to try and explain the concept of scholarship limitations to this dolt.

If you tried to you'd be wasting your time, some fans in this part of the country are delusional to this problem.