You make me sick

skers

The reason the team has slipped to this level isn't because of our new head coach.

Our team is like swiss cheese...some areas are solid and others leave gaping holes. I agree with the guy who started this post. WHO CARES how good we are? If you're a fan, a TRUE fan, you support your team, NO MATTER WHAT.

This world has become such an easy place to be instantly satisfied. If you don't like your team, jump on another one's wagon. If you're horny, get online and look at nudie pics. If you're hungry, drive down the block and pick up a burger for a buck, or throw a pizza in the oven.

Now, those of you who can't stand how the Huskers are doing, I can relate. I'm a HUGE Husker fan, always have been, and always will be. If we go 0-12 ten years in a row I'll still be there watching each and every game. I'll still be PISSED when we lose, but that's how I am. I like to win. I like my team to win. BUT I WILL STILL BE A FAN even if we don't. That's what it's all about.

Regardless of the score, the coach, the players, or the bluehairs on some message board, forever, GO BIG RED!

(BTW ... for those of you who simply can't handle the football team, start following volleyball -- they're doing awesome. For those of you who are saying "yeah right" as you read this, please position yourself on the other side of the net from our LADY Huskers and tell me your opinion!)

Ok I get what your saying. There is no way I ever stop being a Husker. But the level of frustration around here is justified. To blame this on lack of talent is BUNK. The team feeds off of the coaching staff. The coaches have to motivate their team.

No way KU had more talent than us. We were outcoached again.

The members of Husker Nation have every right to criticize this program if we aren't happy with how things are going. We fill the stadium year after year, we buy the merchandise, and we donate to the athletic program. Being critical of the coach, A.D., etc., does not make us bad people or bad fans. It's no different than criticizing the President if you don’t agree with what he's doing.

This program is being pulled into the mud and for no reason. Did you listen to any of the national media after the game today? I heard two different announcers on two different networks say that change has to be made because this isn't working. One announcer on the ESPN Radio national show said Nebraska is now less than average. But… lets not be critical, right?

Our only streak left is the sell-outs. How much longer will that last if we continue down this road?

If it's not the Coaches fault. Than who is to blame?

The players need some of the blame as well. How much? I don't know. I know it is hard for some around here to blame them but come on people. They play the games as well.

An all around stinkfest.

Did Mangino(sp) eat the goalposts after the game?

No, but I heard porkchop was nervous! :lol:

The members of Husker Nation have every right to criticize this program if we aren't happy with how things are going. We fill the stadium year after year, we buy the merchandise, and we donate to the athletic program. Being critical of the coach, A.D., etc., does not make us bad people or bad fans. It's no different than criticizing the President if you don’t agree with what he's doing.

This program is being pulled into the mud and for no reason. Did you listen to any of the national media after the game today? I heard two different announcers on two different networks say that change has to be made because this isn't working. One announcer on the ESPN Radio national show said Nebraska is now less than average. But… lets not be critical, right?

Our only streak left is the sell-outs. How much longer will that last if we continue down this road?

:dis

If you were a TRUE FAN you would smile and say "Its all going to be better tomorrow!" Bunch of whiners you all are :wtf

:sarcasm

Hello all,

New member here and I would have to say this game is a wake up call for everyone. Fans, players & coaches. How in the world do you only gain 135 total yards offense in a game? 135!! We used to do that in a quarter. You really can't blame the blackshirts on this one. Only the very best defenses can carry a team through a whole year, let alone a few games a year. At some point the "other" part of your team MUST do something on a consistant basis. (See above, 135 yards)

There just seem to be no leaders on this team. Good players but no leaders. Someone must step up and make a statement that this is not acceptable. To lose is one thing, but to lose like that will not cut it. (are you listening BC?) I know its a new system and not all these kids were recuited for this system. But football is football. Play like you mean it.

As far as some of the "fans". I have been a HUSKER from the time we moved to Nebraska lo those many years ago. Even though I don't live ther now I am, and always will be a fan. Part of being a fan is taking the good with the bad. We have had our great share of good times and maybe it's time for some of the bad. But I will still love the BIG RED no matter what.

How dare you call yourself Husker fans? You guys are all acting like a bunch of baby's. How dare you critisize someone that you haven't walked a mile in their shoes...You should all be ashamed of yourself for the crap written on this bored. You wonder why the student section isn't what it used to be, and complain about their behavior during the Oklahoma game. WE AS HUSKER FANS are supposed to be the best fans in football. ACT LIKE IT. when i think of the worlds best fan I think about my mom. No matter what the family was going through (my brothres suicide, fathers death) or how busy she was with work she NEVER missed a football game in my 4 years of highschool. No matter how bad my Islanders and I were doing she was there. When we had our good years when EVERYONE else was there she was there with them, she was one of a few at times as well. But no matter what she was there cheering us on, no matter how bad the officiating , no matter how terrible the coach was, she was there and I never heard her complain about anything. Granted she may not be the most knowledgeable fan but some of you aren't either.

Give this guy a freaking break. Understand this guy's circumstances (injuries, new system old players). Give this guy 4 years and give him an honest chance. I'm soo sick of some of you merry weather fans that cheer when we start 4-0 and are bitching about 5-4. I'm not entirly happy with things either but BE A FAN, one these young men need. It's not easy for them to lose either. Support our TEAM, rain shine, lose or win.

GBR :steam:box:steam

HOLD ON. You posted this post before the game even started. It says you posted your post at 10:28 am. The game didn't even start until noon. How did you know we'd be 5 and 4? :wtf

Former Fan is starting to make more sense with every losing effort by our beloved team.

I grew up with Osborne so I don't know any better. I used to get upset because NU could never win the "big one." Now they can't even win the small ones.

I am patient.

All-in-all, it's out of our hands anyway.

As always, GBR!

You guys can give skers a pass if you want, but he's called me out as a fan. I want to know why or how he knew we'd be 5 and 4 at 10:28 this morning? Predicting a loss before the opening kickoff could be construed as being a "bad fan" by how you described it. Don't be a hypocrit, how in the hell did you know we'd be 5 and 4? Don't give me no excuse about being a typo either. Excuses are like you know what, we all have one and they all stink.

You can have a definition of being a fan if you will, but don't go posting losses before the opening kickoff and call yourself a real fan and me a bad fan for questioning all that's going on. I'm calling you out. How did you know we'd lose this game at 10:28 am central time?????????????????????????????????????? Explain!