Is Charles Krauthammer serious?

Roark

I was watching Fox News' Special Report the other night and during the "lightning round" Charles Krauthammer said that Jeremy Lin (who is apparently a Christian) was chosen by God to be some sort of representative Christian athlete now that football season is over and Tebow isn't playing. Is this guy for serious?

I couldn't find a clip of it, but this link has an older video of Charlie gushing over Tebow and kind of rubbing Tebow's success into the noses of the "secular types."

http://www.mediaite....ove-this-story/

I always hear people speak of Krauthammer as if he's some kind of brilliant intellectual. I just don't think I can take him seriously, knowing that he believes in a God who has infinite awesome power and doesn't use it to cure disease or to prevent suffering and injustice throughout the world, but instead uses it to entertain American sportsfans...

I was watching Fox News' Special Report the other night and during the "lightning round" Charles Krauthammer said that Jeremy Lin (who is apparently a Christian) was chosen by God to be some sort of representative Christian athlete now that football season is over and Tebow isn't playing. Is this guy for serious?

I couldn't find a clip of it, but this link has an older video of Charlie gushing over Tebow and kind of rubbing Tebow's success into the noses of the "secular types."

http://www.mediaite....ove-this-story/

I always hear people speak of Krauthammer as if he's some kind of brilliant intellectual. I just don't think I can take him seriously, knowing that he believes in a God who has infinite awesome power and doesn't use it to cure disease or to prevent suffering and injustice throughout the world, but instead uses it to entertain American sportsfans...

I would encourage you to go back and watch starting at about 0:50 where the lady talks about an era of athletes with egos, drug and violence problems Tebow is refreshing.

I find it ironic that in our so called 'ultra tolerant' society, that we bag on a guy because he acknowledges Jesus Christ as his savior. I would be shocked if Tebow left his pregnant wife (Tom Brady) to upgrade to a hotter version. I would be caught of guard if Tebow was running an illegal dog fighting ring (Michael Vick). I would be dissapointed if Tebow had multiple accusations of groping women (Big Ben). It would be wierd if he was charged with breaking into a home to steal prescription painkillers (Ryan Leaf).

That's just QB's. For those that are interested, you may want to look here . People don't like Tebow because he is 'Flanders'. I googled 'Tebow Flanders' and got the following picture. I guess I'm not the only one that thinks so.

ned-tebow-endzonerino.png

I always hear people speak of Krauthammer as if he's some kind of brilliant intellectual.

Who said that?

I've just personally been given that impression by some of my friends and family.

I would encourage you to go back and watch starting at about 0:50 where the lady talks about an era of athletes with egos, drug and violence problems Tebow is refreshing....

I wasn't really trying to argue about Tim Tebow. I was more concerned with the belief that the success of Tebow and Lin is a result of divine stat-boosting.

I can't figure out what in the OP's link or the video influenced such a distorted view of this story. Yes I think krauthammer was being serious and I also tend to agree with him. It must be the OP's predisposition against those who believe in a higher power that is preventing him from seeing this story for what it is. Like he said; the secular crowd is all in a twist over it.

I can't figure out what in the OP's link or the video influenced such a distorted view of this story. Yes I think krauthammer was being serious and I also tend to agree with him. It must be the OP's predisposition against those who believe in a higher power that is preventing him from seeing this story for what it is. Like he said; the secular crowd is all in a twist over it.

The fact that Charles said "secular," rather than "atheist," or "agnostic," or "anybody who isn't Christian" is definitely odd. As is the fact that people find it completely reasonable that the benevolent creator of the universe would ignore cases like this one...

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120212/AP09/302129932

...because he was too busy magically helping his fav athletes become rich and famous.

The problem in this discussion is not that a person like Krauthammer feels that the Tebow story is a good message and much better than the scores of stories about famous athletes who have gone astray. The problem is the people who know so little about religion that they think an allpowerful God should cure all illness and make life completely painless or those who think God helps athletes become rich and famous. People that understand Christianity and people like Tebow understand that Tebow is giving glory to God and not only doing it for what he gets in return. Only a non-believer could view it as God helping an athlete and withholding help from what would appear to be more worthy cases. Might I suggest you study up on free will and regularly attend some church services if you really want to understand how actual Christians view it and the message they receive. You've got it all wrong so it's no wonder you don't understand how it works.