Nebraska @ Purdue

Looks like Doc isn't giving next years coach any help with the young kids. Down by 17 with a 1:40 and the fing

starters are still in. Doc has to go!!!!!!

C'mon...it's not like it's a NU football game and Bo leaves the starters in during a blowou....umm...oh.

Doc and Bo are supposedly good friends. Their complete lack of interest in playing reserves seems to be a something they've bonded over.

It seems that way. I really hope not. Not that it matters much for Doc at this stage. But growing up in the days of Osborne, you always got that sense of satisfaction when backups got a lot of minutes of mop-up time. Not the greatest thought to realize it should be utilized in blowout losses as well, but that's the state of the program at the moment.

Actually, I thought we played a semi-decent OFFENSIVE game tonight (of course, that was when we were running and attacking rather than the windshield wiper offense)..............but defensively, we stuck to Doc's plan to have them beat us from the outside and whatta you know.............they did................AGAIN..........!!

Once again, it's not that the Huskers lost or even that they have a bad conference record, it's that people like myself are just finding out now, Thursday morning, that the Huskers lost Weds night.

Apathy.

We've all given up on basketball.

With a new arena opening in 2014, that can't be going on.

WHy is it that every team we play lately seems to shoot the light out? The Boilers were on fire last night, knocking down threes like crazy. They play like that and they beat two-thirds of the teams in the B1G Ten. And they absolutely crush a cellar dweller like us.

WHy is it that every team we play lately seems to shoot the light out? The Boilers were on fire last night, knocking down threes like crazy. They play like that and they beat two-thirds of the teams in the B1G Ten. And they absolutely crush a cellar dweller like us.

Because we're leaving them wide open. Doc is just lost.

I don't think you can pin a team's hot shooting streak *entirely* on Doc. Like last night. I'm not saying we played lights-out great defense. But at least our guys had a hand in their face on nearly every tray they shot. And they were still sinking them.

I don't think you can pin a team's hot shooting streak *entirely* on Doc. Like last night. I'm not saying we played lights-out great defense. But at least our guys had a hand in their face on nearly every tray they shot. And they were still sinking them.

I dunno, man. That was as bad of defense as I have seen Nebraska play in a long time. Granted, I don't watch a whole lot of basketball games, but Gumber is right, their guys were wide open. It was like a casual shoot-around for Purdue all... night.... long.

I dunno, man. That was as bad of defense as I have seen Nebraska play in a long time. Granted, I don't watch a whole lot of basketball games, but Gumber is right, their guys were wide open. It was like a casual shoot-around for Purdue all... night.... long.

And this was supposedly spending the last 10 days "focusing" on defense. i would have hate to have seen how many Purdue would have put up if we hadn't

Looks like Doc isn't giving next years coach any help with the young kids. Down by 17 with a 1:40 and the fing

I didn't even notice that, but you're right. I did hear David Rivers' name mentioned at one point, but he certainly hasn't allowed the youngsters to play even in the biggest of blowouts.

Just did a little checking and he doesn't use his bench in blowout wins either. Against Illinois, Caleb Walker and Bo Spencer both logged 30 minutes or more. Niemann led the second tier guys with 8 minutes and none of the other backups even played 5 minutes. Considering how old this team is, you'd think he'd get the youngsters some junk time.

Also, did Doc CALL a single timeout? If he did it was late in the 2nd half when I stopped watching.

Yes he called several. Including in the first half.

I didn't even notice that, but you're right. I did hear David Rivers' name mentioned at one point, but he certainly hasn't allowed the youngsters to play even in the biggest of blowouts.

Just did a little checking and he doesn't use his bench in blowout wins either. Against Illinois, Caleb Walker and Bo Spencer both logged 30 minutes or more. Niemann led the second tier guys with 8 minutes and none of the other backups even played 5 minutes. Considering how old this team is, you'd think he'd get the youngsters some junk time.

Also, did Doc CALL a single timeout? If he did it was late in the 2nd half when I stopped watching.

Yes he called several. Including in the first half.

Alright, I didn't notice or see that. I saw media timeouts, but not ones called by Doc.