Does Recruiting suffer

HANC

After the game, ESPN mentioned that the "seat is getting a little toasty in Lincoln".

This staff has shown the ability to recruit....

If a recruit hears that BC is on the "hotseat", and that Husker Nation is calling for BC's head ( no reference to the throat slash) ;) ...... does that recruit possibly drop NU down on their list or even out of consideration ?

This is just another reason I believe Husker Nation must come together in support of BC (at least until after Feb.6) :lol:

Would you want to play for coaches that don't appear to make players better?

I was wondering the same thing. Do Lucky, Glenn, and Jackson begin to question their commitment to NU after we run for like a total of 55 yards in 3 games? None of the three redshirted, so all of them would have the same amount of years at another school as they do here. Does a QB recruit who's watched Taylor get the ever living sh#t beat out of him this year mark NU off their list? I don't know what goes through an 18 year olds mind other than potential $$$ after college ball. Does having a bad record in college damage your worthiness as an NFL draft pick? I really think Ross's stock has dropped. I don't think it was extremely high due to his size, but I don't even know if he has a shot now.

These are all questions that I don't know. I'm sure we will see come signing day if the last two seasons has affected recruits. I do know that Dillard and a few others have whispered some things about not getting the pt. they were promised. IDK.

Maybe he will promise them all starting positions (again) just to get them here. Then, he will make them burn a RS getting in a couple of plays a game behind the "inferior" players that are currently here, or burn it on the FG blocking unit.

Now we know why there were mass defections after last year <_<

Would you want to play for coaches that don't appear to make players better?

I was wondering the same thing. Do Lucky, Glenn, and Jackson begin to question their commitment to NU after we run for like a total of 55 yards in 3 games? None of the three redshirted, so all of them would have the same amount of years at another school as they do here. Does a QB recruit who's watched Taylor get the ever living sh#t beat out of him this year mark NU off their list? I don't know what goes through an 18 year olds mind other than potential $$$ after college ball. Does having a bad record in college damage your worthiness as an NFL draft pick? I really think Ross's stock has dropped. I don't think it was extremely high due to his size, but I don't even know if he has a shot now.

These are all questions that I don't know. I'm sure we will see come signing day if the last two seasons has affected recruits. I do know that Dillard and a few others have whispered some things about not getting the pt. they were promised. IDK.

I agree..... it wouldn't surprise me if Jackson, Dillard, Lucky, Glenn, Brooks think about the possibility of leaving..... the other schools whom they considered are almost all going to a "Bowl" and are having good seasons.

If players "jump-ship" again this off-season, like last winter, then I probably change my mind and say that BC has to go....

We'll have to wait and see....but this sucks

I am so unhappy that even the "Daily Skin" doesn't do it for me :steam

I'm confused. Doesn't OU start 10 either freshmen or redshirt freshmen? If our talent was so bad, why aren't more of the freshmen playing a lot more than 2 or 3 plays a game? I'm afraid this thing could get a lot uglier in the off season. What happens when USC wins the NC and Carroll drops Mr. Lucky a line? I don't see why he wouldn't consider it. IDK. I'm just a pessimist especially after the throttling we just took!

I'm confused. Doesn't OU start 10 either freshmen or redshirt freshmen? If our talent was so bad, why aren't more of the freshmen playing a lot more than 2 or 3 plays a game? I'm afraid this thing could get a lot uglier in the off season. What happens when USC wins the NC and Carroll drops Mr. Lucky a line? I don't see why he wouldn't consider it. IDK. I'm just a pessimist especially after the throttling we just took!

I've asked that question many times....and nobody seems to be able to answer that. The sunshine pumpers just wanna coast over that...and talk about how bright the future looks.

It looks pretty dark to me.

I have a question. We keep hearing there is parity in college football (which I don't believe), then shouldn't each team have equally talented players? If this is so, then why did so many in the poll about coaches, players, or both pick players? If both teams have equally talented players, then the clear and distinct answer should be coaches. We got out coached today and beaten by a team with lesser talent. I just don't know how you can debate this fact. If FS had the 40th and 42nd recruiting classes his last two year, I can bet KU was below both of those figures. I don't have the stats and don't know, but I'd be willing to bet they were. So how in the hell do you explain today's debacle other than simply getting out coached?

BTW, I think the team gave up after the first quarter or quarter and a half. So much for the heart and attitude of this team. There is dissentian (sp) in the Ravens locker room because the D is good and the O just sucks. I think we're seeing this here at NU as well. If I was Carriker or Moore, I'd be kicking and stomping the crap out of our OL each and every day!

The loss wont help or effect recruiting. All recruits see is a score if they bother to read up. The majority of recruits don't even watch football on saturdays because they spend the majority of the day getting ready for their high school football game. Plus this game wasn't on TV, so it wont hurt recruiting that much.

The ONLY thing that's going to hurt recruiting is if we do not make a bowl game. If we fail to make one, recruiting will go downhill from there.