First Spring Practice - 2012

Excited about the safety spots.

Safety first: Seniors Daimion Stafford and P.J. Smith spent the practice with the first-team defense at the safety spots.

But that is a position battle that figures to remain hot through the fall. One candidate is senior Courtney Osborne, who Pelini said is healthy again after injuries hampered him last fall.

"I think he's set to have a good year," Pelini said.

Also noticed ARod wasn't practicing with the first team o-line...

I don't get too wrapped up in the spring depth chart as nowadays it's more about experimentation, development & try outs, I think it's more about who pops out. Sounds like the Osborne twins both did well. Read on another board that they are going to 4 stations which I am very happy about. More live teaching & reps, reps & reps for more players = development, efficient use of time for more players.

SXNDXWREPMYFPUI.20120310182704.JPG

I just noticed something odd here, look closely at this picture.........look at Taylor's eyes........he's watching the football-not the WR he's throwing to. It's odd because the football goes to where QB's eyes are looking. This picture tells me that Taylor still doesn't understand footwork, mechanics, or even basic fundamentals. As a soon to be redshirt junior three year starter that is completely unacceptable.

ZZZZZZZZOMG!!! WE WILL NEVAH WIN ANOTHER GAME AZZ LONGS AZZ DE QB'S AYEZ IZ NOT LOOKIN AT TEH RACEEVAH AT ALL TIMEZZZZZZ!!! EVERY PRACTICE EVERY THROW EVERY TIME FOREVAZZZZ!!!11!!1!

No need to be a dick. I made the font bigger so it didn't get lost in the picture. And Taylor does have questionable mechanics, footwork and throwing motion. Which for a soon to be three year stater is frustrating.

SXNDXWREPMYFPUI.20120310182704.JPG

The king is back.

OJBLTVDJQHMMFBZ.20120310182704.JPG

And the throws are on the money. Look...he doesn't even have to reach for it......right on the numbers.

I'm not sticking up for Taylor at all. Im just here to insert some doubt into some folks that seem to very negative and lead headed.

First pic, some folks seem to "assume" that Taylor is throwing a wide reciever. You should know that not all QB's throw the ball to a wide reciever running a route during practice, sometimes they just throw it. Taylor could very well be watching his arm and the ball while throwing it in a effort to understand how he needs to tune his mechanics.

2nd pic, the ball is to the outside, clearly away from PJ Smith so he won't have a chance to intercept or knock the ball away. Plus, where is Taylor in this pic? Oh yea, you don't see him, and its my understanding that Taylor isn't the only QB on the team but we assume he is the only who threw this seemlngly bad pass because he is the only bad passer on the team.

Some of you should be ashame of yourselves.

What conniption? I made an observation. You're the one who decided to get all pissy about it. Taylor's eyes are on the football not the WR he's throwing to. His mechanics are bad enough as is. I understand Taylor is the #1 QB and he'll be the #1 guy for the next two years. But we're not going to win our division much less the conference or BCS title with him at the QB spot. As long as he's the #1 QB we'll be a mere 9-3 team tops. If I end up being wrong I'll admit it but based on his past two seasons as a starter I'm not expecting anything more than what I've seen thus far. Watch RGIII, Andrew Luck and other top QBs throw and tell me if they are looking at the ball as it leaves their hand. I'm not bashing Taylor I'm making a legitimate observation and if you don't like it then that's your problem not mine.

What conniption? I made an observation. You're the one who decided to get all pissy about it. Taylor's eyes are on the football not the WR he's throwing to. His mechanics are bad enough as is. I understand Taylor is the #1 QB and he'll be the #1 guy for the next two years. But we're not going to win our division much less the conference or BCS title with him at the QB spot. As long as he's the #1 QB we'll be a mere 9-3 team tops. If I end up being wrong I'll admit it but based on his past two seasons as a starter I'm not expecting anything more than what I've seen thus far.

You don't even know he's throwing to a receiver. You have zero idea what that picture is, but here you go off on some rant about losing games and where the QBs eyes should be.

I happened to be the first to point out to you that you're overreacting. You want to deflect and claim my mockery of your silliness is something more than it's not. Whatever. Keep hitting that panic button at everything you see, if that's what trips your trigger. Just stop complaining when people point out your foibles.

What conniption? I made an observation. You're the one who decided to get all pissy about it. Taylor's eyes are on the football not the WR he's throwing to. His mechanics are bad enough as is. I understand Taylor is the #1 QB and he'll be the #1 guy for the next two years. But we're not going to win our division much less the conference or BCS title with him at the QB spot. As long as he's the #1 QB we'll be a mere 9-3 team tops. If I end up being wrong I'll admit it but based on his past two seasons as a starter I'm not expecting anything more than what I've seen thus far.

You don't even know he's throwing to a receiver. You have zero idea what that picture is, but here you go off on some rant about losing games and where the QBs eyes should be.

I happened to be the first to point out to you that you're overreacting. You want to deflect and claim my mockery of your silliness is something more than it's not. Whatever. Keep hitting that panic button at everything you see, if that's what trips your trigger. Just stop complaining when people point out your foibles.

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today and are just looking for a fight here? I didn't over-react to anything. I made a simple observation. If you disagree that's fine. But I've seen enough QBs throw over the years and I've never seen any of them stare at the ball as it leaves their hands. Calm down sally.