First Spring Practice - 2012

If you can't handle some heat for being silly, then stay out of the conversation. You don't get to start calling people names because your feelings are hurt.

Tell me this, if you are such an expert on QB throws: In this picture, who is Martinez throwing to? You don't even have to tell us the name, just tell us the position. Is it a WR? A TE? A RB? Or is it a coach? Or is he throwing into a barrel?

It doesn't matter who Martinez is throwing to. He could be throwing to a stationary target, a WR running a route, or a martian that just materialized through an intergalatic wormhole. The point is that the football goes to where the throwers eyes are looking. Go out to the back yard or to a park with someone and throw a football. Make throws while looking at the ball coming off of your hand and then make throws where you're looking at the person you're throwing to. You'll see the difference in accuracy immediately. Go watch fundamentally sound QBs throw, you won't see any of them staring at the ball as it leaves their hand regardless of who they're throwing to. There's someone being silly here and it isn't me.

I'm beginning to think the majority of these people have never touched a football.

Hey now, lay off the people who don't agree with you. I remember someone suggesting that at one point, but I don't remember who.

You've rarely ever been part of a conversation on this board. Your more of an antagonist at best. I call it something else, but it's not very polite.

If you can't handle some heat for being silly, then stay out of the conversation. You don't get to start calling people names because your feelings are hurt.

Tell me this, if you are such an expert on QB throws: In this picture, who is Martinez throwing to? You don't even have to tell us the name, just tell us the position. Is it a WR? A TE? A RB? Or is it a coach? Or is he throwing into a barrel?

It doesn't matter who Martinez is throwing to. He could be throwing to a stationary target, a WR running a route, or a martian that just materialized through an intergalatic wormhole. The point is that the football goes to where the throwers eyes are looking. Go out to the back yard or to a park with someone and throw a football. Make throws while looking at the ball coming off of your hand and then make throws where you're looking at the person you're throwing to. You'll see the difference in accuracy immediately. Go watch fundamentally sound QBs throw, you won't see any of them staring at the ball as it leaves their hand regardless of who they're throwing to. There's someone being silly here and it isn't me.

You're presuming he's throwing to a receiver, which is your first mistake. Likely he's working on the mechanics of his throwing, which Beck alluded to in Tuesday's presser. But instead of remembering that you make some conclusion and then go ranting about 9-3 seasons. You are being silly. And you're overreacting to a joke posted about it.

And as we can all clearly see, ( THE ORIGINAL FREAKIN POINT!!!!! LOL!) His mechanics can still use some work. Lmao.....

I'm beginning to think the majority of these people have never touched a football.

Hey now, lay off the people who don't agree with you. I remember someone suggesting that at one point, but I don't remember who.

You've rarely ever been part of a conversation on this board. Your more of an antagonist at best. I call it something else, but it's not very polite.

There is a thread for that name in the woodshed. If you go into that thread, you'll find a lot of names you should recognize, but one isn't Dudes.

Incorrect.

It matters quite a bit, True to the Red.......Always. He's throwing the ball in a drill. What is the drill? What is he specifically working on in that drill? Is it supposed to simulate an in-game throw or is it to work on mechanics?

Further, you're looking at two separate pics and claiming they're of the same pass, same passer for that matter, and you have zero idea if that's the case. So you and 'SkersRule come up with these bizarre conclusions based on some pictures that you have no idea what they're of, and while you think it's OK to bemoan the QB, the reality is you don't have the first clue what you're bemoaning. So people poke some fun at you, and you overreact.

PS - to answer your question from yesterday, yes, it appears you did miss something. But I didn't miss anything at all.

Never once did I say the two photos are of the same pass. I don't think its insanely bizarre to think maybe Taylor threw the ball. Look at it, it's nowhere near the reciever. If someone else had thrown it, it would be in the recievers hands. Not once was it even mentioned that those pictures are of the same pass.....that's a hell of an assumption on your part. I bet your not man enough to admit your wrong in that instance either, being that you strike me as the type that has a hard time with being wrong.

You're presuming he's throwing to a receiver, which is your first mistake. Likely he's working on the mechanics of his throwing, which Beck alluded to in Tuesday's presser. But instead of remembering that you make some conclusion and then go ranting about 9-3 seasons. You are being silly. And you're overreacting to a joke posted about it.

And as we can all clearly see, ( THE ORIGINAL FREAKIN POINT!!!!! LOL!) His mechanics can still use some work. Lmao.....

How do you know he is not just screwing around? Do you use perfect mechanics every time you throw a ball no matter what your doing? I don't

It matters quite a bit, True to the Red.......Always. He's throwing the ball in a drill. What is the drill? What is he specifically working on in that drill? Is it supposed to simulate an in-game throw or is it to work on mechanics?

Further, you're looking at two separate pics and claiming they're of the same pass, same passer for that matter, and you have zero idea if that's the case. So you and 'SkersRule come up with these bizarre conclusions based on some pictures that you have no idea what they're of, and while you think it's OK to bemoan the QB, the reality is you don't have the first clue what you're bemoaning. So people poke some fun at you, and you overreact.

PS - to answer your question from yesterday, yes, it appears you did miss something. But I didn't miss anything at all.

Never once did I say the two photos are of the same pass. I don't think its insanely bizarre to think maybe Taylor threw the ball. Look at it, it's nowhere near the reciever. If someone else had thrown it, it would be in the recievers hands. Not once was it even mentioned that those pictures are of the same pass.....that's a hell of an assumption on your part. I bet your not man enough to admit your wrong in that instance either, being that you strike me as the type that has a hard time with being wrong.

You did say that Martinez threw that ball, in one of the several posts you edited on the first page yesterday. You even admit you edited one of them, but the rest you just put "GBR!" in place of your derp.

As you should know by now, I could probably give a sh#t a little less than I do, but not much. I've been rootin' for the backup for quite some time and will continue. It's clearly not been the favorite opinion around here, but like I said, your the children that seem to have a hard time with differing opinions. Clearly demonstrated in response to Skersrule, and many other people comments on this board.

And no Stumpy, I don't use perfect mechanics everytime. Sometimes I shake a magic 8 ball right in the middle of my throw, just to see where the ball is gonna land. It works at the Division 1 level at Nebraska......so I guess maybe I'm onto something. "Magic 8 ball, will this ball even be close"?

SXNDXWREPMYFPUI.20120310182704.JPG

I just noticed something odd here, look closely at this picture.........look at Taylor's eyes........he's watching the football-not the WR he's throwing to. It's odd because the football goes to where QB's eyes are looking. This picture tells me that Taylor still doesn't understand footwork, mechanics, or even basic fundamentals. As a soon to be redshirt junior three year starter that is completely unacceptable.

I agree. The only reason I can think thay he would watch the ball is that he has no idea where it's going to go.

SXNDXWREPMYFPUI.20120310182704.JPG

I just noticed something odd here, look closely at this picture.........look at Taylor's eyes........he's watching the football-not the WR he's throwing to. It's odd because the football goes to where QB's eyes are looking. This picture tells me that Taylor still doesn't understand footwork, mechanics, or even basic fundamentals. As a soon to be redshirt junior three year starter that is completely unacceptable.

I agree. The only reason I can think thay he would watch the ball is that he has no idea where it's going to go.

Clearly he's just working on his mechanics.......LOL Looking good Taylor.....NFL will be calling any day now. Hell I hear the Redskins are saying forget RGIII, they'll give 3 first rounders to take Taylor in two years.