First Spring Practice - 2012

Of course! Knapp is Bo Pelini! Now it's all so clear. Continuously trying to convince everybody that Taylor is a great QB. Why don't you stop wasting the poor kids' time Bo? Move him to WR or Safety so he could have a damn future in football. Your supposed to be helping these kids towards their future and instead your f'ing him by keeping him at a position he will clearly never succeed at.......

As you should know by now, I could probably give a sh#t a little less than I do, but not much. I've been rootin' for the backup for quite some time and will continue. It's clearly not been the favorite opinion around here, but like I said, your the children that seem to have a hard time with differing opinions. Clearly demonstrated in response to Skersrule, and many other people comments on this board.

The thing is, that whole differing opinions thing goes both ways. You're the one who gets upset and types a wall of derp when someone disagrees with you. If you say something a lot of people disagree with, you act like you're being ganged up on when in fact a lot of people just happen to disagree with you. You've acknowledged ad naseum that your opinions aren't always the most popular. Guess what, for an opinion to be unpopular it requires a lot of people to disagree with it.

• Fire 2

How do you know he is not just screwing around? Do you use perfect mechanics every time you throw a ball no matter what your doing? I don't

Taylor? Is that you? :funnyhahah

Back to the thread you're not the starting QB at a major BCS school either.

Neither are you but then again, you were a DT in high school and that makes you know what Taylor is doing in that pic.

As you should know by now, I could probably give a sh#t a little less than I do, but not much. I've been rootin' for the backup for quite some time and will continue. It's clearly not been the favorite opinion around here, but like I said, your the children that seem to have a hard time with differing opinions. Clearly demonstrated in response to Skersrule, and many other people comments on this board.

The thing is, that whole differing opinions thing goes both ways. You're the one who gets upset and types a wall of derp when someone disagrees with you. If you say something a lot of people disagree with, you act like you're being ganged up on when in fact a lot of people just happen to disagree with you. You've acknowledged ad naseum that your opinions aren't always the most popular. Guess what, for an opinion to be unpopular it requires a lot of people to disagree with it.

I hate to break it to ya....but if you ever get off the couch and get outside......there's plenty of folks who have the same opinion as I do.

I hate to break it to ya....but if you ever get off the couch and get outside......there's plenty of folks who have the same opinion as I do.

That's fine, but entirely irrelevant to what I said.

How do you know he is not just screwing around? Do you use perfect mechanics every time you throw a ball no matter what your doing? I don't

Neither are you but then again, you were a DT in high school and that makes you know what Taylor is doing in that pic.

Yes....you have to be a QB expert to see that Taylor's throwing needs some serious work..

I'll spell it out for ya a bit more clearly.........when you say that my opinion is unpopular due to the large amount of folks who disagree. The meaning of my comment was that you may be surprised by the number of people who are of the same opinion.

o·pin·ion

   [uh-pin-yuhn] expression of a professionaljudgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.

Law . the formal statement by a judge orcourt of the reasoning and the principles oflaw used in reaching a decision of a case.

a judgment or estimate of a person or thingwith respect to character, merit, etc.: to

ma·jor·i·ty

[muh-jawr-i-tee, -jor-] minority): the majority of the population.

a number of voters or votes, jurors, orothers in agreement, constituting more thanhalf of the total number.

the amount by which the greater number, asof votes, surpasses the remainder (distinguished from plurality).

the party or faction with the majority vote:The Democratic party is the majority.

dude

   [dood, dyood] Show IPA noun, interjection,verb phrase dud·ed up, dud·ing up.

noun

a man excessively concerned with hisclothes, grooming, and manners.

Slang .

a.

a fellow; chap.

b.

(a general term of address used to aman, woman, or group).

a person reared in a large city.

Yes....you have to be a QB expert to see that Taylor's throwing needs some serious work..

I'm not saying he doesn't need help on his mechanics, cause he does...I'm just poking fun at you for getting all butthurt cause someone calls out another poster.

• Fire 1

It matters quite a bit, True to the Red.......Always. He's throwing the ball in a drill. What is the drill? What is he specifically working on in that drill? Is it supposed to simulate an in-game throw or is it to work on mechanics?

Further, you're looking at two separate pics and claiming they're of the same pass, same passer for that matter, and you have zero idea if that's the case. So you and 'SkersRule come up with these bizarre conclusions based on some pictures that you have no idea what they're of, and while you think it's OK to bemoan the QB, the reality is you don't have the first clue what you're bemoaning. So people poke some fun at you, and you overreact.

PS - to answer your question from yesterday, yes, it appears you did miss something. But I didn't miss anything at all.

Never once did I say the two photos are of the same pass. I don't think its insanely bizarre to think maybe Taylor threw the ball. Look at it, it's nowhere near the reciever. If someone else had thrown it, it would be in the recievers hands. Not once was it even mentioned that those pictures are of the same pass.....that's a hell of an assumption on your part. I bet your not man enough to admit your wrong in that instance either, being that you strike me as the type that has a hard time with being wrong.

10603178.jpg

• Fire 1

hes been here for 3 years. if he hasnt changed his motion yet, it will never happen.

Agreed, with the caveat that he's only been a QB for two years of those three. He was a scout team WR, who occasionally played QB.

Honestly, it probably won't change. He is what he is - and that's not a fundamentally sound QB. He has legit skills that we can exploit if we frame the offense around him correctly, but we keep trying to make him into a dual-threat QB. He's not enough of a passing threat to be that, so if the coaches can't see that, that's on them.

Hopefully Martinez makes a leap this year fundamentally. If not, hopefully Carnes makes a leap. Next year we should have Armstrong in the mix, but frankly, I don't want to go starting Redshirt Freshmen at QB again.

Perfect world for me: Martinez makes huge strides and we have a legit passing game, or he goes back to WR and Carnes can legitimately take over.

As bad as Taylor's fundamentals are if the Huskers can get a consistent pass rush out of our DL, receivers that catch the ball and stop killing themselves with stupid self-inflicted penalties this could be a very good team. Lots of ifs in there though.

This team will still be a pretty good team. Probably not good enough to win a CC, but still competitive. We could be better though, if we make some necessary changes. Go Brion!