Huskers in Denial

jayhawk

Guys, you beat KU 14-8 last year in Lincoln. Not like you exactly ran them off the field. KU had no offense, that was their issue, but in the Colorado game our current QB came back and has done a serviceable job. Now we sorta have some offense...

But our defense is as good as any, maybe you missed how we have beaten Brad smith 3 years runnning and held him to 179 yard Passing AND running the week after you all gave up 480 to him. We do have a defense.

You could not run on us (22 yards...), could not pass, and because you got only 7 first downs, your defense wore down and the floodgates eventually opened. Our offense had a hard time with your defense as well, but they managed to get a few more first downs and that was the difference. FOr the first quarter and a half, you guys could not do anything on offense.

We deserve some love from the Huskers anyway. What about in 1993 when a mediocre KU team could have kicked an extra point and tied undefeated Nebraska? but our coach did not want to ruin your perfect record with a tie, so we went for 2, missed, and you all got to go to the national championship game. Auburn woulda played for the title had we hung a tie on you, and with the streak of losses we have had, it would have been easy to see why we would take a tie. I think you all should credit our defense a little and throw us a bone. We have suffered enough.

Best of luck to you finishing out...

i agree, your D is a good one.......but you have to admit, we have big probs on offense.....good luck the rest of the way, if we can't make a bowl i hope you guys do....we need good representation from Big 12 North......thanks fro coming by to our board, as you can tell we are all pretty upset with the current situation

hunter

I kinda don't like BC either. I miss the I formation, huge horselike men smashing forth while the option is run, etc. Its not like the offense did not work anymore, you all were in the national title game not so long ago with Crouch, and that team was not that great overall by Husker standards.

Guys, you beat KU 14-8 last year in Lincoln. Not like you exactly ran them off the field. KU had no offense, that was their issue, but in the Colorado game our current QB came back and has done a serviceable job. Now we sorta have some offense...

But our defense is as good as any, maybe you missed how we have beaten Brad smith 3 years runnning and held him to 179 yard Passing AND running the week after you all gave up 480 to him. We do have a defense.

You could not run on us (22 yards...), could not pass, and because you got only 7 first downs, your defense wore down and the floodgates eventually opened. Our offense had a hard time with your defense as well, but they managed to get a few more first downs and that was the difference. FOr the first quarter and a half, you guys could not do anything on offense.

We deserve some love from the Huskers anyway. What about in 1993 when a mediocre KU team could have kicked an extra point and tied undefeated Nebraska? but our coach did not want to ruin your perfect record with a tie, so we went for 2, missed, and you all got to go to the national championship game. Auburn woulda played for the title had we hung a tie on you, and with the streak of losses we have had, it would have been easy to see why we would take a tie. I think you all should credit our defense a little and throw us a bone. We have suffered enough.

Well put, we lost to a better team.

Guys, you beat KU 14-8 last year in Lincoln.  Not like you exactly ran them off the field.  KU had no offense, that was their issue, but in the Colorado game our current QB came back and has done a serviceable job.  Now we sorta have some offense...

But our defense is as good as any, maybe you missed how we have beaten Brad smith 3 years runnning and held him to 179 yard Passing AND running the week after you all gave up 480 to him.  We do have a defense.

You could not run on us (22 yards...), could not pass, and because you got only 7 first downs, your defense wore down and the floodgates eventually opened.  Our offense had a hard time with your defense as well, but they managed to get a few more first downs and that was the difference.  FOr the first quarter and a half, you guys could not do anything on offense.

We deserve some love from the Huskers anyway.  What about in 1993 when a mediocre KU team could have kicked an extra point and tied undefeated Nebraska?  but our coach did not want to ruin your perfect record with a tie, so we went for 2, missed, and you all got to go to the national championship game.  Auburn woulda played for the title had we hung a tie on you, and with the streak of losses we have had, it would have been easy to see why we would take a tie.  I think you all should credit our defense a little and throw us a bone.  We have suffered enough.

Well put, we lost to a better team.

A better prepaired and coached team. KU also just seemed to want it more.

I agree! Your Jayhawks just completely kicked the crap out of the huskers. I can't deny it. I don't think that even the best apologists can come up with a plausable "excuse" for this one. Out played, out coached, beaten soundly by a better team.

Huskers in Denial, You really are not better than KU

:wtf Actually, doesn't look like anyone here is denying squat. The post here have been very introspective. Haven't really seen anyone spinning this one.

Good game KU!

Wait 'till next year my man!! :box

Thanks for the recap, I must've been asleep the last few days. KU won, KU earned it, KU was better. What else are you looking for? Oh, yes..."deserving love." Umm, no thanks, I don't love people who slash my tires. This 'love' you're searching for in 'giving' us the game in 1993. Last I checked, KU was doing everything they could to WIN that game, not hand it to NU on a silver platter.

Like a previous poster said, act like you've been there before.

All I can say is those refs were HORRIBLE... calling holding on the Lucky return when it happened way down the field and KU holding on about ever play but really bad on that 70 yard run... guy was tearing bullocks jersey off. Then that bull crap on those roughing the punters, same play for both teams, NU gets 15 yard penalty and KU only gets 5 :wtf Not the only reason we lost but damn Big XII get some refs.