Which clown SHOULD we have hired?

Turn the clock back 22 months. Who should it have been?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is all a super duper fun what-if game, but where has he coached previously? What makes you think he can so gracefully step from D2 to D1? Who would his assistants be? Can he recruit out of powerhouse states like Florida, California and Texas?

If we are going to start nominating D2 people to possibly be the next head coach, I might as well nominate Pat Behrns from UNO. Maybe even Tom Jaworski from Omaha Creighton Prep. Benard should like those guys right off the bat because they are Nebraskans :thumbs

Name: Don Carthel

Team: West Texas A&M University, D2 school.

Why?

Check out the facts:

1. This team won a total of 6 games in 2002, 03, and 04, and has been one of the worst college football teams AT ANY LEVEL over the last decade.

2. The previous coach was fired AT THE CONCLUSION OF SPRING BALL for inappropriate conduct.

3. Don Carthel was hired AFTER SPRING BALL, WITH NO RECRUITS. MANY OF THE TEAM QUIT.

4. The regular season ended Saturday, and West Texas A&M sits at 10-1, won the Lone Star Conference outright, and is the number 1 seed in the Southwest region going into the D2 playoffs.

THIS GUY'S THE REAL DEAL. SHOW ME ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE THAT HAS THE STROKE HE DOES.

Hmmm...I have to admit I'm not familiar with the man. While he seems to have had an outstanding year, my concern is whether there is a record of such performances - something more than one year. If so, I have to wonder why he's not a D1 coach now.

The step up from D2 to D1 is a huge step - if NU were to go that route, I would think that you would need a record of sustained sucess to take that risk.

This is all a super duper fun what-if game, but where has he coached previously? What makes you think he can so gracefully step from D2 to D1? Who would his assistants be? Can he recruit out of powerhouse states like Florida, California and Texas?

If we are going to start nominating D2 people to possibly be the next head coach, I might as well nominate Pat Behrns from UNO. Maybe even Tom Jaworski from Omaha Creighton Prep. Benard should like those guys right off the bat because they are Nebraskans :thumbs

Dave....This is one of your best.....I mean it.....I was cracking up when you brought up UNO and Creighton Prep

Keep it up :horns2

Speaking of D2 football, how about Mel Tjeerdsma from Northwest Missouri State. Took over a team that went 0-11 in '94 and he wins back to back nationals titles in '98 and '99. The Bearcats are right near the top of the conference and in the playoffs pretty much every year. Well, just wanted to throw my 2 cents in because I went to school there.

THIS IS A STUPID THREAD HUSKERTEX!

Bo Pelini would have done worse for the image of Nebraska than Callahan has done. Yes, Callahan made two "gestures or remarks" but Pelini would have been reprimanded several times for outlandish outbursts, gestures and others...he was a hot head and let everyone know it.

You could be right, but I don't know. I do know this though, the players liked Pelini and they played hard for Pelini. This is something they're not doing now for BC. Last year, the players gave up. This year they didn't start giving up until the Mizzou game. The game at KU showed me nothing for the players playing for BC. You can have the best talent in the world and can be the best coach in the world, but if your players don't play for you you won't be very successful.

One could draw a correlation to BC's last year at Oakland. The players gave up on him, and they wouldn't play for him. Say what you will about Al Davis and the whiners for players at Oakland, but you can't say they didn't give up on him. So far, I can say the players aren't playing for the coaches right now. We gave KU two 100+ yard rushers and one 100+ yard receiver. This is the first time KU has accomplished this feat in 25 years. We were torched by the worst ranked QB in the Big 12. As it stands right now, we're in a dogfight for the bottom of the Big 12. OSU is bottom, then Baylor, next comes either KState or NU depending on the outcome on Saturday. All I can say is thank God we didn't have ISU later on the schedule and it was at home.

I would like someone to point out statistically how we have improved over last year. I read where our O is now ranked I believe 108th. Maybe BC should have tried to keep Dailey. I think relying on our D this week against KState could yield similar results to last week against KU. Watching how CU is playing now, it will be simply amazing if they don't hang half a hundred on NU.

At this point, I'd take Gomer Pile as the coach if the players would play for him!

i just read a comment by Grixby......that the guys didn't come out with any fire and KU did.........hell, here we are fighting to get a 6th win and a bowl bid to extend the season......and we have no fire??? :wtf is this a player issue or a coaching issue........it is one or the other....you decide....... :wtf

hunter