Bo mentioned for Arky Job...

I understand some people getting tired of the negativity but in honesty Bo hasn't really achieved much. Sure we had bad years during the Callahan era the last couple of seasons he was here but right now we are at a crossroads. We can keep saying we are too young, inexperience, new coordinators but this season there are no more excuses period. NO MORE! We have an experienced qb, wide receivers, defense, staff. It's time it all came together. I get tired of hearing wait til next year. that is so much crap. Anything less than a trip to the Big Ten Conference Game will be a failure this year. How many more years does Bo get on getting a pass?

Yes, the negativity does get old. And by your standards how do you say Bo hasn't achieved anything? "Anything less than a trip to the Big Ten Conference Championship Game will be a failure...", didn't Bo take his teams to two consecutive Big 12 Championship Games? Or, doesn't it count since it wasn't the Big Ten?

Yes the Big 12 counts. But we should have been in the CCG last year. He hasn't won one yet so he hasn't achieved much except going mediocre. It always seems to be something that causes us to stumble along the way. We should've beaten Texas and Oklahoma but couldn't seal the deal. It just seems we fall apart too many times in pivotal moments in games. Before you start saying Ohio St. if Miller doesn't get injured and forced out of the game there is no way we continue that comeback.

Great point, genius.

Miller getting hurt caused NU to run over their elite defense like a Mercedes Benz over a paper clip in the 2nd half pounding in 28 pts (35 if we would have needed it). Thanks for the great insight.

Yes and Ohio St. continued to move the ball offensively. /sarcasm. They had constant 3 and outs the rest of the game. they had zero offense.

I understand some people getting tired of the negativity but in honesty Bo hasn't really achieved much. Sure we had bad years during the Callahan era the last couple of seasons he was here but right now we are at a crossroads. We can keep saying we are too young, inexperience, new coordinators but this season there are no more excuses period. NO MORE! We have an experienced qb, wide receivers, defense, staff. It's time it all came together. I get tired of hearing wait til next year. that is so much crap. Anything less than a trip to the Big Ten Conference Game will be a failure this year. How many more years does Bo get on getting a pass?

Yes, the negativity does get old. And by your standards how do you say Bo hasn't achieved anything? "Anything less than a trip to the Big Ten Conference Championship Game will be a failure...", didn't Bo take his teams to two consecutive Big 12 Championship Games? Or, doesn't it count since it wasn't the Big Ten?

Yes the Big 12 counts. But we should have been in the CCG last year. He hasn't won one yet so he hasn't achieved much except going mediocre. It always seems to be something that causes us to stumble along the way. We should've beaten Texas and Oklahoma but couldn't seal the deal. It just seems we fall apart too many times in pivotal moments in games. Before you start saying Ohio St. if Miller doesn't get injured and forced out of the game there is no way we continue that comeback.

So, it counts but not really becase they didn't win it? Or, did Bo achieve something? I'm so confused...

No, we should not have been in the CCG last year because the team did stumble a couple times. Isn't that why the game is played?

If there isn't next year to hope for improvement, then why be a fan?

The off season is awesome isn't it?

They will be looking for a proven winner coach with a good reputation with media and fans. I think were safe, unfortunately for years to come.

Your ability to be positive is astounding! You should be a demotivational speaker. :thumbs:rickjames

I just get so sick of the constant and never ending negativity. If you want to take a wait and see approach that's fine, but some of you act like we went 4-9 last season, not 9-4.

:dunno

I don't want to interrupt, but are you arguing with yourself?

lol. He always wins *those* arguments. And loses. :lol:

yeah....I am not sure why we're talking about OSU, but I'll chip in. The Ohio State game was probably the most glorious comeback ever, even above Missouri '10. Missouri gets +5 points for the driving rain and Zac Lee's crazy celebration antics. Ohio State gets +10 for sheer improbability.

That said it was a team win. The offense wouldn't have had the chance to build up the momentum they did had it not been for the defense eating Bauserman alive. Given how we struggled against Braxton, big time, and how improbable the whole thing was, I think it is fair to say that had he not been knocked out of the game, this comeback would not have happened.

yeah....I am not sure why we're talking about OSU, but I'll chip in. The Ohio State game was probably the most glorious comeback ever, even above Missouri '09. Missouri gets +5 points for the driving rain and Zac Lee's crazy celebration antics. Ohio State gets +10 for sheer improbability.

That said it was a team win. The offense wouldn't have had the chance to build up the momentum they did had it not been for the defense eating Bauserman alive. Given how we struggled against Braxton, big time, and how improbable the whole thing was, I think it is fair to say that had he not been knocked out of the game, this comeback would not have happened.

FIFY

Sounds to me like they are throwing names against a wall and seeing what sticks. Like any other "Bo mentioned as candidate for ______" thread, he hasn't really proven much of anything at Nebraska just yet and Arkansas is a step down in the coaching world.

Serious question though....what happens to the employment of Tevin Mitchell's mom? Is she now out of a job too? <_<

Are you kidding? A step down? Just fyi Arky paid out more money for their head coach than did Nebraska, not to mention better recruits, playing in the dominant conference and an 11-2 season (losses to LSU and Bama only) etc etc. A step down..ha yea right.

Sounds to me like they are throwing names against a wall and seeing what sticks. Like any other "Bo mentioned as candidate for ______" thread, he hasn't really proven much of anything at Nebraska just yet and Arkansas is a step down in the coaching world.

Serious question though....what happens to the employment of Tevin Mitchell's mom? Is she now out of a job too? <_<

Are you kidding? A step down? Just fyi Arky paid out more money for their head coach than did Nebraska, not to mention better recruits, playing in the dominant conference and an 11-2 season (losses to LSU and Bama only) etc etc. A step down..ha yea right.

Not to mention that whoever walks into the Arkansas job gets, what very easily could be, a national championship team. All of the pieces are there...